Huddy The H-Morning After - A thread for crazy fan-shippers ;D

HuddyBea posted on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:26PM
As we have decided all together, a new fresh page to start screaming and squeaking, and fainting and jumping together holding hands... before and after the unforgettable ep that will be aired tonight ;)

In @PC's honour....the subtitle says it all ;)

Little entertaing article to keep you company with some good memories while you wait for the ep...link and that's all!

Have fun! See you later!!!
last edited on Sep 20, 2010 at 12:29PM

Huddy 1448 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1151-1200 of 1448

over a year ago ankcuta said…
crying
your words made my cry.... I lobe your ideas @DB!
over a year ago Katia1997 said…
@Delia, do you know that after reading your posts I have an idea about starting studying psychology?))))
Thnx for your comments))) As always, enjoying reading them)))
over a year ago Delia_Beatrice said…
@Anon: i haven't read that fanfic, but here are my two cents:

A) What was very impressive in "Help Me" was the fact that House managed to develop a very personal connection with Hannah, unlike we usually see him with his patients (NOT because he doesn't care, which we know he does, but because that level of openess and intimacy doesn't come easy for him, and he finds it hard to express and show his true concern and care for other people).

B) I believe that Cuddy was wrong is her speech (=scream) to him: i don't think House projected the troubles of his relationship with Cuddy onto the patient. I believe that the reason why he wanted to protect her from amputation were deeply burried in his past with Stacy and in his own lack of acceptance in regard to his own handicap - and didn't have much to do with Cuddy's engagement.

A+B: So, i think that he was upset and desperate about Cuddy's engagement, but he managed to keep his emotional connection with Hannah as independent from that. Which is a beautiful thing, because that connection was a very touching one and it would be soiled and its significance would be diminished if the only reason he cared about her leg was to get back at Cuddy.

So i don't think that that's an issue i can consider, other than just in a fanfiction mode. The two stories were not interwined to the point where we can ask the question: what would he choose. Hannah's story was indeed a tool towards House's cathartic moment, that allowed him to finally break free from his anger regarding his own handicap and allowed Cuddy to see who he really is, who she really loves. But other than that, i didn't feel, not even on a symbolic level, that Hannah's death was a price paid for Huddy to get together.

I felt that it was a tragedy that was presented very strongly on its own, i didn't feel that it was a secondary storyline that was just there as "food for the gods", so that they would allow Huddy to happen. I don't view Hannah' story as a mythological sacrifice necessary for happiness to occur.
over a year ago anonymously said…
oh yes! @Delia answered! now I have to find the time to sit down and read it.
tonight, I promise myself I will
@Ankcuta and Katia: why, thank you, girls:) You are most graceful, you are. I'm happy that you likey, because i can go on forever:)))))))

Katia: why don't you?:) Psychology is indeed a fascinating object of study, and it's evolving constantly. You will never be bored:)
@Anon: you made me laugh, and then i immediately started to feel guilty that my answer was too long and i'm ruining your day by forcing you to take time and read it:)))))))
I am "talking" too much, my son keeps telling me that, but i never learn.
NO! no don't think that. I'm actually keeping it as a treat, it's my bribe to finish my work and then I get to read your surely delightful answer!
you're not ruining my day! don't ever think that :P
over a year ago ankcuta said…
@DB.. I like your ideas... because you can analyze that very deep and very good...I'm more on math science... I graduated from computer faculty... I never was good at human analysis or interpretation... I'm glad that I'm with you girls... I lobe you!
over a year ago HLforever said…
heart
@Delia Aahhh your comments are always so wonderful :) You always give me new things to consider. I do have a tendency to believe everything that Wilson says because a) he always seems like that wise best friend in romantic comedies who says sage things that turn out to be right in the end and b) I love RSL. Actually, b) isn't really a reason. I guess Wilson believes in what he himself is saying, which leads me to believe him.

I agree with Kat, the presence of you and HMF, the crazily intelligent and insightful H-men (forgive me for jumping into the superhero analogy a little too enthusiastically...if you have no idea what I mean it's on the Hugh Laurie-ous thread) makes me really curious about psychology. My school offers an AP Psych class, which I think I'm going to take next year...hopefully by the end of that I'll be able to sound the tiniest bit more like you guys.
@Anon: ha ha ha. So, i am your reward at the end of the day. That makes me feel a little bit better:)

@Ankcuta: Thank you, you are too kind.
I understand what you mean. My husband is an economist, he's into finance and banking and i cannot understand crap of what he's talking about half the time:) I am a complete computer-moron too:))) So, you can't have it all:)
Funny thing is, after 11 years together, my husband has learnt from me much more than i've learnt from him. Which may mean two things: 1)my "line of business" is generally human and it appeals to everybody or 2)i am too much of a moron to open up my mind:)))))))

@HLForever: thank you, how nice of you to say that:)

Well, i don't mean to disappoint you, but Wilson's interpretations of House are wrong at least half the time. Wilson is playing the role of a father in House's life and his job is to set limits for him and teach him to adjust to the world better. What he doesn't do is the mother's role, which Cuddy does so well: the deep understanding, nurturing and acceptance. Point is, Wilson rushes to send House on the right path, he steps in to correct, but he often doesn't understand House's real motives, thinking patterns and emotional life. The reason House accepts his guidance is that ultimately, Wilson does love him unconditionally and even when he's wrong, he's benevolent.
However, i love both Wilson and RSL, so i understand why you are so inclined to believe him.

"I agree with Kat, the presence of you and HMF, the crazily intelligent and insightful H-men (forgive me for jumping into the superhero analogy a little too enthusiastically...if you have no idea what I mean it's on the Hugh Laurie-ous thread) makes me really curious about psychology. My school offers an AP Psych class, which I think I'm going to take next year...hopefully by the end of that I'll be able to sound the tiniest bit more like you guys."
THAT IS SWEET AND CRAZY!!!! You don't have to aspire to sound more like anyone:))))) We can all understand the show and experience it in so many ways... There is no right or better way to do it - just to enjoy it, appreciate it and love it, like we all do:)

However, the H-men superhero analogy is something i might just tattoo on my butt... You know, my secret identity, that gives me pride and joy:)
"However, the H-men superhero analogy is something i might just tattoo on my butt... You know, my secret identity, that gives me pride and joy:)"

lmao xDD

"Katia: why don't you?:) Psychology is indeed a fascinating object of study, and it's evolving constantly. You will never be bored:)"

I'm trying)) I even have a book about psychology. It's sth like basic. My mom works at library, which is part of main university in our country, so she can bring me any book I want. :)) But I just don't have enough time to read it((( I decided that first I'll read Kafka's "Metamorphosis" and then start reading next book. 'Cause otherwise I might go crazy xDD
last edited over a year ago
@Katia: Oh, i fully support the idea of reading Kafka's "Metamorphosis". It is brilliant, like everything else he wrote.

It's so nice to have an all-access pass to books:) You're lucky to have your mom working there:)
Well, you can start with general approaches to psychology, that descibe the essentials. But after that, you're probably going to be interested in more particular topics. The thing with psychology is that it's a very "divided" science. That is so much to learn about the human psychic, that there isn't one single approach that can be used on its own. The best therapists, for instance, after finishing the general studies in the university, then specialize in several therapeutic approaches and use them together, in accordance to the patient's needs. I have this friend who works as a therapist and he has done his formation in psychosomatic therapy, behavioral therapy, transactional analysis therapy and analitic therapy - each formation takes years of courses and supervized practice, but he feels that he needs as many tools as he can possibly get, in order to respond to each of his patient's various and very personal needs.

What i can help you with right now is with recommendations on child psychology books. It's like starting from the beginning, really, because i believe that most of the psychological disfunctions in adults are based in their childhood. That's what i'm working on now and there are many, many sensational books that help us understand how human beings are actually becoming who they are.
"i believe that most of the psychological disfunctions in adults are based in their childhood."

Indeed. Now I'm fully feeling how some things in my childhood affecting on me now. And some 'events' partly made me who I am.
over a year ago true_love_huddy said…
@DB-"I also think that this interpretation is confirmed by the Huddy final discussion in "Now What". As he did with Stacy, House was terrified that Cuddy would only want him because she thought he could change. It is something that he CANNOT accept - even though, truth be told, he CAN change, as he proved in season 6 and so far in season 7. But he cannot accept it as a condition of the relationship."
Fully agree. We have such an interesting dichotomy regarding House's change. He feels he cannot change and doesn't want to, but still he proves he is able to be more open, more honest and more romantic, in order to make his lady happy. I agree with you, his change can't be the condition of their relationship, because he wouldn't be able the merge in their love calmly with the continuous pressure of a necessary transformation. I think this natural feeling is not only the characteristic of an injured man, anyone of us can feel it: "let me be myself" in the relationship, with my virtues and faults, strengths and weeknesses. One of the greatest miracles in the world is the acceptance of another human being, the connection spiced with accommodation and love without conditions. House and Cuddy are able to create that miracle!

@rrennie-"Rather, Hannah was an avenue to shock Cuddy out of her tunnel vision and see House in another venue, another light, that wasn't just in terms of herself and their past. It rounded him out, making him less of the caricature she had made him because it was easier for her to reject him then. "

For me the whole speech is a great projection of her own fears and the manifestation of her repressed feelings about House. She spent the whole season with convincing herself she doesn't love him, she can choose a common life and move on with Lucas. She made a mistake and lied for herself. That speech is so about her own doubts and weekness, and her anger about that weekness. House's idea about the patient was a perfect excuse for her frustrated phrase. She says "I don't love you." She means "I love you more than anything, but I can't admit it." House's conversation with Hannah finally opened her mind about the inevitable fact of being in love with House, she was ready to look inside.
@HL, Delia, rrennie, tlh
Thank you all so much for your wonderful answers! I agree with most of what you said and I really like what @rrennie and @tlh said, that Hannah was sort of a tool to open CUDDY'S eyes and not to change House. I agree that the changes that occurred in House happened over the whole season, not in 'Help Me' but that it is in that episode that Cuddy finally allowed herself to see them and to realize that 'Common is boring' and take a chance with House.
@Delia, I think you're right too, House would have connected with Hannah in the same way had Cuddy not been there or said those things.
'Help Me' is one of my favorite episode but not because of the Huddy ending, I was just talking about this with my sister a few days ago. I don't really care about the Huddy finale in 'Help Me' (I actually have a few problems with it - but that is for another discussion) I'm glad it happened but it's not the important part. The episode as a whole, visually was amazing, the acting was great, but the way we got to see into House's soul was just breathtaking. We can see he has 'evolved' since the earlier seasons but he's still the same damaged, brilliant, and against his own will, Caring person. I can't really explain it well but I loved that episode so much.

I'm getting carried away and not really answering my own question but thank you all again, you are wonderful!

@Katia and @HL
I encourage you to go into psychology too. I love that subject, I have found a deeper love for natural sciences because some part of me has a hard time dealing with the fact that psych is so idk, subjective, it has so many variables that we can't control and must be incredibly hard to study, we are all different and molded by so many various things. But I am intrigued and fascinated by it.
If you think it's something you might like by all means do it! All the psychologists I know (my aunt being one of them) are incredible human beings, it seems studying how we work makes for great people.

sorry it was so long!
 @HL, Delia, rrennie, tlh Thank you all so much for your wonderful answers! I agree with most of what
@Katia: it is truly amazing to look into how our childhood experiences and our parents made us become who we are, for better or for worse. Which is why i am so motivated when i work on my book, regarding what a child's real emotional needs are and how a parent can fulfill them. The parenting methods used by previous generations and even by some parents today are so out of touch with what children really need, almost everything that is wrong with us and the world today can be explained...

@Rrennie: i fully agree. "Help Me" was about Cuddy's transformation. House had completed his circle of maturity, pain, stoicism and change. His journey towards a more mature self was already done by the time of "Help Me" - he was there, before her, and what was required was for her to acknowledge it and see him as he was.
It was Cuddy's turn to face who she really is, what she really feels and to find the courage to take responsibility for her true self and her true feelings.

You pointed it out beautifully, that Hannah was "an avenue to shock Cuddy out of her tunnel vision". I agree completely.

@TLH: "He feels he cannot change and doesn't want to, but still he proves he is able to be more open, more honest and more romantic, in order to make his lady happy."

I agree. Even more so, i believe that House has made even more changes, before being with Cuddy and not having her as a sole motivation for change. In other words, it was not an extrinsic motivation, of keeping her happy, but it was also intrinsic motivation: he truly wanted to try to be happier, to try to "fix himself", to allow his life to find some meaning and some fulfillment.
During season 6, we watched him make several very impressive changes:
- He accepted that he needs help and he accepted to put his faith in the therapy he had always despised
- He acknowledged his need and love for Wilson and decided not to "push it till it breaks" with him - he made many compromises during their year together and he also forced himself to let go in regard to Sam.
- He made his true benefactor nature more obvious and acted on it more openly (even if, in his own twisted creative way) when he tried to reunite Foreman and his brother, when he tried to save Taub's marriage and in various situations with patients
- He let go of his deep belief in what's right and the just measure of things and he showed forgiveness and generosity and tolerance like never before, in "Remorse", giving Wibberly that undeserved check
- He learnt to bear his pain of losing Cuddy with stoicism and maturity, letting go of the attempts to interfere in her relationship with Lucas
- He acknowledged and accepted his love for Cuddy and lived it fully, being faithful and dignified and devoted to his lost love and never stepping away from showing her he wants her and is waiting for her (something we've never witnessed before, something that was unbearably painful and humiliating, and so mature).

"I think this natural feeling is not only the characteristic of an injured man, anyone of us can feel it: "let me be myself" in the relationship, with my virtues and faults, strengths and weeknesses. One of the greatest miracles in the world is the acceptance of another human being, the connection spiced with accommodation and love without conditions. House and Cuddy are able to create that miracle!"

I fully agree on this very beautifully phrased idea. Being accepted and loved for who we are, not whom we might become, is the essential condition of any healthy relationship.

"For me the whole speech is a great projection of her own fears and the manifestation of her repressed feelings about House."

I also fully agree on this. She exploded with so much frustration and anger, which were directed at House and how he;d hurt her in the past, but also (and maybe more) at herself, her shortcomings and weaknesses and self-inflicted deception and lies.

@Anon: i love "Help Me" too. I think it's right up there with the previous season finales ("House's Head/Wilson's Heart", "BSN") - intense emotions, amazing visuals, amazing acting, writing and directing and breathtaking twists and turns, that are so deep and so meaningful and have such a huge impact, that we are left speechless and filled with wild oceans of emotion and thought.

You are right about psychology being subjective. I don't consider it a science, but more of an art that uses some scientific methods. Most of all, on top of the necessary foundation of study and information, it's a matter of personal vision and interpretation. And interpretation is, in its essence, subjective, so a psychologist's work is a delicate dance of understanding and explaining things, under the Sine Qua Non condition of a contract of mutual trust and respect with the patient.
Even with research and writing books: it is SUBJECTIVE, it is based upon a personal interpretation of things and people can say it's rubbish or they can like it and learn from it, based on their own structure, experience etc. It's a matter of trust and compatibility, writer-reader, therapist-patient...
big smile
@Delia, love, love, love your comments *huge smile* I have nothing more to add))))
Katia, thank you so much:)

BTW, for those of us who are not spoiler-phobes, a great preview for "Office Politics" was posted. Fingers crossed, heart throbbing in my throat for the next two eps. I kinda missed the feeling, yet i remember fondly the sweet feeling of peace and quiet - something we've had for he first 5 eps, something that has been so rare for us Huddies...
over a year ago maverickangel35 said…
mav is actually going to try and join the spoiler-phobes for a while and see how it is to not know what's coming when she watches the episode... I have found that when I get spoiled I tend to go barking up entirely the wrong tree, and well--just think if I'd known that kiss was coming at the end of Help Me. I wouldn't have had NEARLY the same experience seeing it for the first time. So we'll call this an experiment! :)
over a year ago mysuspicionis said…
David Shore quote from a recent article. Just found the post on LJ

“I tend to avoid the online comments,” Shore says on the phone from L.A. “If they’re good, you shrug. If they’re negative, you shrug. Can’t please everybody. I think the relationship is a natural and worthwhile development for the characters and the show. It was in the cards from the start. Maybe not from day one of House, but from day three or four. Having said that, I acknowledge that this season started differently. The episodes subsequent to the opening have put us back in our wheelhouse, though. House is still House, Cuddy is still Cuddy. It’s been fun to explore the relationship. It’s about whether people can change. And in the case of House, it’s all about him changing. It’s about him striving to be happy and make others happy.”

So much good stuff to delve into but I will be lazy and merely say "What is it with you and her? Do you have a thing for her?"

link

embedding disabled ---Wilson Gets It (Even If House Won't Admit It) Scenes from the trio and wilson noticing House noticing Cuddy throughout the early seasons.

over a year ago maverickangel35 said…
HAHAHA mysus awesome video
it's one of my favorites cause it's one of the first Huddy videos I ever saw :)
thinking about House and Cuddy in the early days reminds me of an essay I read on Darcy and Elizabeth's interactions and how they view each other early in the book. The author comments that although they do not get along they "are never INDIFFERENT to one another." There is always an awareness of the other and a watchfulness to their interactions. ETA (I just realized the contrast between my topic and tone and my Icon..I may need to change that if i want to be taken seriously :P )
over a year ago fran2 said…
Your comments made me think back to season 6 although lately I haven't rewatched the episodes. So, sorry if I shot in the bunch. Thoughts on freedom.
Help Me - I agree that House, though intrigued by the strange reaction of Cuddy in front of the gift, at that time had come to say "let's get a lid on it and go forward." Cuddy is certainly the most obscure of the two, she is doing to deal with a powerful mechanism of denial that can be traced to the episode "The Choice", one of my favorites BTW. In 'the choice' it's absolutely clear that House has reached a level of awareness rather than Cuddy who still seems trying to find a compromise between her desire for normalcy and her desire for "normal is overrated, then let's get a chance with the less normal man on the earth and in the whole universe". She was not ready to admit in front of herself that 'uncommon' is better.

I can't think about a House's leg amputation as a possible solution (sorry but in that case I would see it as a "final solution - holocaust style" and as Cuddy said during the go-kart adventure: never again).
Because the leg and leg pain have a symbolic meaning: while House has developed the first meaning with Hanna (it's just a leg), assuming he made a mistake when he chose to take the harder road, on the other side the leg is the House's painful experience, his inner suffering, the difficult path and journey inside himself, the hunt for the ghosts of his past. And we can't fight the ghosts with the removal (amputation), but bringing out the hidden pain, looking it into the eyes, recognizing it. This is the way that House should take to reach peace with himself, living with the past issues that finally have a name. If you can call a problem by name it makes you less afraid, it's no longer indefinite. House needs to learn to live with his past and the damaged leg is, symbolically, the past. The dark scares, the light doesn't.....if eventually you are brave enough to light the lamp (here I see a Nolan reference in Baggage, when he turns on the light).

The more I think about this cursed / blessed season 6...the more I like it. It's so odd ;-) (Hugh's credit)

@mysusp - your icon is awesome and significant! ;-)

@tammy - I don't remember in which thread I read that you had a problem but now I hope that you are ok. Hugs :-)
@Mysusp: thanks for posting that. I love Dabid Shore for almost always calling it what it is and dotting the I. He is right, of course. I have every confidence that they will play this out the right way and not make any silly compromises.

@Fran: i agree, their levels of awareness have been different throughout the season. But rather than Cuddy admitting to herself that "uncommon is better", i think she had to accept responsibility for more than that. Facing and acting on her feelings for House meant not only that she had to let go of her immature illusions of "normality", BUT it meant that she had to accept the idea that this is the man she loves, with all his flaws and dangers, and she couldn't love anybody else - uncommon is not just better, uncommon is the only true answer for her, whether she likes it or not. It was an all-or-nothing, this-is-it level of awareness that she had to reach - that House had reached before her and maintained through his monastic year.

I understand your point of view about House's leg. But ironically, i think that on a hypothetical level, i'd love to see it explored so that we can see that nothing would really change just because of the lack of pain. House has turned his physical pain into a symbol and a representation of all his other "pains". He has refused to make peace with his handicap because it confirmed (not created) his conviction that "the world hates him". His disability and pain were in direct relation with his belief in his own unworthiness. If the pain would be gone, all his other psychological issues would still remain. And maybe he would be forced to face them without hiding behind the excuse and facile explanation of the pain.
However, this is nothing but theoretical speculation, due to the lack of new episodes:))))))))

SLIGHTLY SPOILERISH:
Speaking of which, i have this increasing feeling that we're in for something BIG. Two dramatic episodes in which the unconditional nature of Cuddy's love will be roughly tested against the tough reality of who House really is. House letting go of his unrealistic efforts to please Cuddy in every way and painfully admitting that he has to be himself and take the chance that she might reject him or love him less.
The honeymoon phase confronted with the full reality of who they really are - and what can and what cannot change about who they are. Ultimately, i believe that Cuddy can love any side of House and that this will build them up in a whole new and stronger and more mature relationship.
@DB-"uncommon is not just better, uncommon is the only true answer for her, whether she likes it or not. It was an all-or-nothing, this-is-it level of awareness that she had to reach - that House had reached before her and maintained through his monastic year."
Very true dear, and this thought confirms again the impossibility of a break-up situation.

SPOILERISH:
Agree with you about the next two episodes. These are going to be different, another step after the first honeymoon-period. More serious and deeper conflicts are coming, and my dramatic side is starving!:)I'm sooo curious!
"Ultimately, i believe that Cuddy can love any side of House and that this will build them up in a whole new and stronger and more mature relationship."-I think so. This love is uncommon, unique and outstanding.
 @DB-"uncommon is not just better, uncommon is the only true answer for her, whether she likes it or n
cake
We shall keep the candle of hope burning even in the darkest Huddy night ;)
@Delia loved this "uncommon is not just better, uncommon is the only true answer for her, whether she likes it or not."

it's beautiful, and true. I agree.

I have no opinion on 'House's leg' it's too intense for me at the moment! :P

JUST A FEW MORE DAYS!! and for those who haven't seen it:
 @Delia loved this "uncommon is not just better, uncommon is the only true answer for her, whether she
over a year ago tammyr50 said…
@DB - also fully agree on this. She exploded with so much frustration and anger, which were directed at House and how he;d hurt her in the past, but also (and maybe more) at herself, her shortcomings and weaknesses and self-inflicted deception and lies.

Well spoken. I agree that in "Help Me" she was exploding with anger but all the while in the back of her mind wanting him to say something that would make her believe he wasn't playing a game that he really was ready to put all the facades aside that he really was ready to be with her.

@Fran2 - In 'the choice' it's absolutely clear that House has reached a level of awareness rather than Cuddy who still seems trying to find a compromise between her desire for normalcy and her desire for "normal is overrated, then let's get a chance with the less normal man on the earth and in the whole universe". She was not ready to admit in front of herself that 'uncommon' is better.

"The Choice" was one of my all time favs. Season 6 for me was such a spirit healing. House had always had to be able to control everything in his life and for the first time he was losing control of everything that he loved. He made choices to let them go.
Sam: He made a choice to step away from trying to ruin this relationship. He made a couple of efforts but in the end he let Wilson try to make this work with Sam.

Lucas: He made an effort and saw that Cuddy was not ready to trust him or to open her heart to him so he backed away.

Team - He reached out to Foreman's brother to restore that relationship. He tried to help Taub realize he needed to be faithful, allbeit the Houseian way. The karoke performance was just priceless.

But at the end with no tricks, no stunts, no sordid comments, he simply told her the last thing he wanted to be was her friend and it was clear that was not going to happen. HE wanted her.

Baggage just set up "Help Me" to be the nail-biting episode it was. It was heart-wrenching to watch House go through it but necessary.
He said in "Now What" that it couldn't work with he and Cuddy. That a moment with a dying girl didn't mean he had changed. But it was more than a moment.
"He had learned that he had used harsh words, hired private investigators, used tricks and stunts to hide behind and to try to find out what made the people around him tick. Instead of saying how he felt and putting himself out there, he had always manipulated to get what he wanted. Although, charming at times where there is no investment of our human emotion then our heart never gets any exercise and forgets how to work properly.
they say every muscle needs the negative and the positive to get it to take shape. So also the heart needs the negative and postive so it can take shape.

The only thing Cuddy needed House to do was to stop and let his heart feel what it felt for her and to trust what she felt for him. To let her in to that secret place "his heart" that he had been hiding for so long for feaar of someone breaking it. The fear that he just wasn't good enough.

In so many senses of the word House's spirit was dead because it was buried under the rubble of fear and anger. In season 6 his heart learned to breathe in and breathe out and he learned that there were people in his life that loved him right where he was and for who he was and that sometime there is no gain without pain.
I don't think this comes as a surprise to anyone but Kristin just confirmed it's not Huddy getting engaged
link

woah, crazy long link
@TLH: fully agree, as you know, on the "impossibility of a break up situation".

@TLH and Rrennie:

(SPOILERISH:)
I actually reached the conclusion that i am happy to see him snapping out of his "i am petrified with fear" state and having the guts to be himself more. And not on trivial stuff, but on what means most to him - what he identifies himself with, which is being RIGHT and doing the RIGHT thing.

I thought about how he's been during the first 5 episodes and i think that, even if he was sweet and gentle and romantic and very much in love and very endearing because of how fragile he was, i really need to see him being himself more.
I think there's even a connection to the apparent lack of passion of their physical contacts: in "Massage Therapy" and "Unplanned Parenthood", it was only Cuddy who initiated any sort of physical contact. The last thing we saw House initiating was the bed scene in "Selfish". He has been too preoccupied with not stepping on her toes to be the man he really is, and that has to come to an end at some point.

On Cuddy's reaction: i am sure she can accept it, despite of the initial pain she might feel. This is the woman who has supported House on all the insane, but RIGHT things he's ever done. Assisted suicide, euthanasia and pretty much any kind of imoral and illegal and unethical method of practicing medicine - she understood him, she helped him, she covered for him and she always backed him up.

@Rrennie: i love your point of view regarding the David Shore/Fox versus Huddy haters war:))))) And i agree. They are doing this the right way and i think they are prepared of taking the chance that they might lose the casual, shallow viewers and the Hameron, Hilson and whatever other shippers.

@Tammyr: i loved "The Choice" too. It was a very emotional episode. And it was one of the very few episodes in season 6 that held REAL, authentic Huddy moments, in which their emotional connection was visible again.

"House had always had to be able to control everything in his life and for the first time he was losing control of everything that he loved. He made choices to let them go."

What was incredibly meaningful for me is that he chose to let go, while he was suffering greatly over his losses. In other words, he learnt to take the chance of losing what meant most to him (Cuddy and Wilson), while letting people live their lives as they see fit (even if he thought they were idiots, in the purest housian tradition:)))))). And all the while, he suffered through his losses with dignity and maturity.
In "Open and Shut", when he walks alone, his head bent, behind Wilson and Sam, who have decided not to give him credit on helping them work out their problems (i HATED Wilson in that episode) - Jesus. He is obviously in so much pain and so unbearably alone.

"The only thing Cuddy needed House to do was to stop and let his heart feel what it felt for her and to trust what she felt for him."
This is beautifully phrased and very true. Also, in a different way, it is also true for what we've witnessed this season. He has tried very hard not to make any mistakes - again, not to take any chances. He needs to stop and gain the courage to be himself - acting on and expressing what he's feeling for her and also being who he is, while trusting in her feelings for him.
heart
@DB-"I think there's even a connection to the apparent lack of passion of their physical contacts: in "Massage Therapy" and "Unplanned Parenthood", it was only Cuddy who initiated any sort of physical contact. The last thing we saw House initiating was the bed scene in "Selfish". He has been too preoccupied with not stepping on her toes to be the man he really is, and that has to come to an end at some point."
Very interesting point of view Delia! I've been thinking about the cause of only Cuddy initiating contact as well, you made me think it over again. The way he could open in the premiere was heartbreaking and a very important step, but maybe not fully him. Actually what I hope is he could find his special and endless love for Cuddy(through the obstacles and drama we need to witness), avoiding cliches and common things which force him not being himself, but still on a melting and very Housian way. I want him to be brutally honest, sarcastic, ironic, a little bit worried, but honest and loving. And what I want Cuddy is unconditional love, acceptance and support, wanting him to stay the Gregory House we have known.
over a year ago evropia said…
Cuddy wants him to be himself as she said herself...she doesn't want him to change...She knows it will be very difficult some times but she proved countless times that she can handle all the obstacles and the "terrible things"he will do to her.In the next two episodes we gonna see House as we knew him from the beginning...maybe he's gonna hurt her but as Lisa said they have to be brutally honest...Maybe they'll fight over some staff going on not only in the hospital but in their personal life as well....But i am optimistic...We know from spoilers that in Small Sacrifices they're gonna make some very important decisions for them and rethink some staff...A thought crossed my mind...Before even the season begun i think that someone asked DS if they are living together and his answer was "not yet"...So maybe now is the time...?We already know that House after confessing his feeling isn't a coward,he asked to move in together on BSN,maybe sounded like a joke but i'm pretty sure he meant it...And the whole Stacy situation pretty much proves it...

So..in the past we had a woman so in love with a man that she could bare anything and stand by his side when the only thing she gets in return is ignorance and hurt feelings...Cuddy loves his flaws and every broken piece of soul he could share with her...Now she finally has him...with all his bad and good features and knows that he loves her....So no...they can't brake up...Because House was wrong as rare as it might be...There is unconditional love...and in goes hand in hand with unconditional need...And when you taste the honey after so many years of sexual tention and truths hidden behind stares full of meaning you can't get back...
@evropia-"Before even the season begun i think that someone asked DS if they are living together and his answer was "not yet"...So maybe now is the time...?"
It would absolutely make sense. It would be a logical step as the relationship gets more serious, which they can both handle now after "Massage Therapy". OMG, and Cuddy's mother would arrive at a living-together couple!;)

Nothing to add to the last paragraph, beautiful @evropia, so agree!:)
@TLH: "Actually what I hope is he could find his special and endless love for Cuddy(through the obstacles and drama we need to witness), avoiding cliches and common things which force him not being himself, but still on a melting and very Housian way. I want him to be brutally honest, sarcastic, ironic, a little bit worried, but honest and loving. And what I want Cuddy is unconditional love, acceptance and support, wanting him to stay the Gregory House we have known."

That is my dream scenario too:) You have phrased it beautifully, i have nothing more to add. So far, we didn't really get that, and i think the main reason is House's paralyzing fears. The very reason why some people complain that Huddy "isn't fun anymore" - House hasn't been himself.

On the physical contact: the photo that we just got, of them in that real/metaphorical bed, points out to the same thing. Cuddy's face and body language show her fully in love, passionate, sensual, happy, content. House, on the other hand, is frozen. His face shows fear, preoccupation, dark complicated thoughts that he can't escape. He is hugging her gingerly and almost automatically, but he doesn't express pleasure or passion or desire or happiness. He is unnatural, frozen, terrified, petrified with deep fear and concern.
I think that pic is a VERY accurate description of how they have been so far. It's what we've witnessed. I hope he gains confidence and courage to snap out of it and we will finally get to see Huddy as you described it - the Huddy we've been dreaming of, the true Huddy we all fell in love with.

@Evropia: "So..in the past we had a woman so in love with a man that she could bare anything and stand by his side when the only thing she gets in return is ignorance and hurt feelings...Cuddy loves his flaws and every broken piece of soul he could share with her...Now she finally has him...with all his bad and good features and knows that he loves her....So no...they can't brake up...Because House was wrong as rare as it might be...There is unconditional love...and in goes hand in hand with unconditional need..."

Beautifully said and very true. That is what i think too - that Cuddy wants him just the way he is and has enough strength to accept him and stand by him. She has proved it so far and she has declared it in many ways this season. She didn't really have a chance to actually prove it with words AND deeds in the context of their relationship, but apparently, she soon will.

@TLH and Evropia: On moving in together: i think it has to happen and i think that after going through the trials of the next two eps, they will decide to make their comittment even clearer and stronger.
I am not quite comfortable with them moving in Cuddy's house, though. House's appartment is so very him, but not suitable for a child. I don't know... I want the place they live in to define both of them, but i don't think they'll go house-hunting. We've had enough of that last season...

I just wish whatever they decide to do, it allows House to play his paino and guitar in Cuddy's presence. That is LOOOOOOOONG overdue.

In that Spanish magazine article that was here a few weeks back, Hugh says that their relationship is like a damnation. I think that is very true. No matter what happens, they are "convicted" to stay together, because none of them can ever walk away. Doomed or blessed (or doomed AND blessed) with loving each other for the rest of their lives, no walking out, no escapes.
There is no escape from true and unconditional love..It's like you try to escape from your own self...And House tried so hard to be the right one for her...He just have to find the way to let go...to sink inside the "us".He went to Mayfield because he felt ready to cease the oppotunity to be with her...He suffered one year watching her with his "friend" and did nothing really housian to brake them up...but he never stepped back...He continued standing outside her door and he kept waiting for her...to let him in...to help him,to love him,to accept him maybe even change him...House doesn't step back from the people he clings on...He didn't give up on Wilson and he will never give up on Cuddy...they meant to be..so yes they gonna live together...i don't really care where as long as it contains "them"....I am pretty sure that during the next hiatus we gonna see the similar pictures that ws shown on behind the scenes of the promothional photoshoot with him holding her around him and his hand upon her thigh...Huddy isn't going anywhere...it will only blossom into a beautiful rose which contains not only beauty but thorns as well...pretty much like every real relationship...
@evropia - but he never stepped back...He continued standing outside her door and he kept waiting for her...to let him in...

Oh my. It couldn't have been said any better. We have always said there is osmething about these two and when they get near doors.
House saved a book that her grandfather had written, knew the screen saver she had years ago, knew when she had a menstrual cycle, but couldn't tell her how he felt. But he did wait for her to see the change he had made.
"Known and Unknowns and "The Choice" he told her how he felt. In "Help Me" she raged at him to the point I think he saw the extent of how much she had been hurt. Humbled, he finally said he knew he had become hard and shut himself off and he truly had regrets. Again a door. But this time he opened it and she walked in.

@DB - just wish whatever they decide to do, it allows House to play his paino and guitar in Cuddy's presence. That is LOOOOOOOONG overdue.

Me too. I think after the next two episodes we are going to see our House and Cuddy. They both can get back to being theirself with one amazing tweek; a love and a passion that burns white hot.
 @evropia - but he never stepped back...He continued standing outside her door and he kept waiting for
Ιt has always been a fire between them...They could feel it but never really be warmed by it due to the walls they've hiding behind...Now that these obstacles are gone they can feel the burning of their love and passion but still refuge to let go...House at least...As it's been mentioned he's so "afraid" of physical contact as much as mental contact...He dreads that if he get close enough he will scar her forever,brake her heart so he keeps a distance no matter how much that might hurt him...He needs her body and soul to heal himself and make it up to her for all the crappy things she had to go through because f him...

After he detoxed from Vicodin he has changed...Or he become the kind of man that he was before his leg incident...He has always been arrogant,rude,a genius,special in his own frustrating way...and capable to love..For so many years he wouldn't let his heart feel.He kept chocking every feeling he might had for her...The fist time he kissed her in Joy finally all those feelings came on surface and he finally let his human side show after a really really long time...

Then he was in denial...he had to learn to let himself feel again from the beginning...In UMS and BSN we finally has a glance on what's going on inside his heart...This hallucination was the reason he went to rehab...because he wanted to be the right guy for her...So yes...it was all for her for the very beginning...she is the one and there is no one else out there for him...

So now Cuddy gave him her hand and let him stand on his feet.She cleared his wounds and accepted him the way he is.All he has to do now is grab her hand more tightly and go inside with her and close the door in the face of that shadow of loneliness and pain that keeps staring at him...

heart
@evropia - Not one thing I could add.

Ιt has always been a fire between them...They could feel it but never really be warmed by it due to the walls they've hiding behind...
This was one of the most beautiful lines I have ever read.
smile
Thanks tammy...Well the truth is that Huddy inspires me so much as a "writer".It's one of the most beautiful and complicated relationships...So Huddy is art by itself...

@Evropia - Have you ever wrote a Huddy FF? If not you should. If oyu have tell me so I can read. Just beautiful words.
No i haven't written one yet though it's crossed my mind several times..The truth is that i write a lot in my own language but i am afraid to write in english because i fear i'll make mistakes...But give it a try sometime maybe it wouldn't hurt...
heart
The "not yet" quote from David Shore and the quote "oh, we give them all kinds of obstacles to OVERCOME" makes me believe that these barriers can be passed and fills me with hope. Not that there won't be times that will give us a sense of despair and finality but did any of us ever believe House would stay off drugs, have an even closer friendship with Wilson, learn to open up to others somewhat, and try so hard to make a relationship work?
over a year ago fran2 said…
heart
In the past few days I didn't read this thread but now that I've read it I can say that your comments are beautiful, wonderful, meaningful and moving. Nothing to add, I'm speechless :-)
I miss House and I can't wait to see another piece of this extraordinary journey
over a year ago bluehue said…
smile
Helloooo!
Maybe this is cheating, but I simply agree with @fran. I read through with interest..though my analytic powers are too low to comment.

That WAS such a beautiful phrase you wrote @evropia, "they could feel it..but never be warmed behind walls built between."

Also, just glad to read what you quote @mysusp, that there will be "all types of obstacles to overcome." Music to my ears..Huddy adventuring through the obstacle course of love..wouldn't want it to be a piece of cake...or a slam dunk.
over a year ago reiceel said…
laugh
house huddy have baby:)
@Mysuspicionis: my dear, could you please point me to the source of those two quotes from David Shore? Thank you:)
sunny
It was TCA--Ausiello (first minute)
BTW--I know a lot of non-US viewers and younger viewers were wondering who Sam and Diane were when references were made a few times in interviews. They ended badly but they are kind of a famous tv couple. I remember when they broke up as a child and my dad yelling to my mom in the kitchen "Sam and Diane broke up." My mom "Oh, they're always breaking up." And he explained that it was for real this time.
@Mysusp: thank you, dearest. I had seen this at the time, but truth be told, I am actually so hungry for confirmation of Huddy, that i was hopinh David Shore might have said something along those lines again. And again. And again:)))))))