harry potter contra crepúsculo Harry Potter Battle Plans: For Those Who Hate Twilight

LilysLittleTwin posted on Dec 14, 2009 at 10:10PM
I don't want to mess up '1000 reasons why Harry Potter is better than Twilight', so here it is! Basically, Mrs-Grint, DracoLove777, dobbyssocks, me, and others have made a battle plan to knock the Twihards down a few pegs. All Harry Potter fans are welcome here, though.

This is the pledge to become a Phoenix Fighter:

'I solemly swear that I will do my best to protect others from the Twazi regime. I will never go over to the Disco Balls and betray my Order of the Potters heritige. Harry Potter is better than Twilight, not the other way around. I swear to protect what is left of the Vampire Fiction genre from Twilight and it's followers. I will remain loyal to Bram Stoker, Susan B. Anthony, and any other that worked tirelessly, only to have their work destroyed because of Twilight. Mischeif Managed.'
last edited on Jun 09, 2010 at 03:59AM

harry potter contra crepúsculo 4897 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1251-1300 of 4897

over a year ago snapeislove said…
blush
err.. guys.. i just have few some stuffs to ask (you can call me 'dumb' or 'complete ass' after this..)

what are these things that i frequently read in this very forum??:

Breeding Spawn
Failing Dawn

>> err, is it relevant to twilight? they sound pretty familiar, but, can someone explain??
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago ChocAttack266 said…
"Breeding Spawn" and "Failing Dawn" are all parodies of Breaking Dawn. So is "Breaking Wind". And you're not a complete ass, or dumb.
over a year ago BellaCullen96 said…
Yeah, and Twilight is "Toilet," New Moon is "New Moan," and Eclipse is "Ewclipes"... Yeah, that last one was horrible. I'm not good at these things, lol
BellaCullen96: I do have one for Eclipse, but it's an acronym and very crude. (I posted it on your spot, too.) *ahem* Edward Cullen Lacks In P*nis Size, Epically.

Plus, Twilight can be "Twatlight" or "Twitlight". I tend to go with the latter.
over a year ago ToyletGnome said…
Did you just censor yourself? Am I procrastinating on an essay?
Yes and yes.

I should go, but before I do, AJ and Sarah, when you post next to each other it makes me think of Draco/Padma fanfiction... and that would be REALLY WEIRD.
over a year ago Mrs-Grint said…
Eclipse is "I Can't Marry Because Everyone Will Think I'm A Slut, We Must Make Love First". *snort* But I love the one mocking Edward.. I bet it's true.

Bahaha! Draco/Padma fanfic. Well, it's original. Sorta.
mischievous
It would be so weird.

I just had a multi-page rant on the Twitlight spot... here -->link

Notice that
a) this person can't use proper grammar
and b) hardly anyone manages to see how terrible Bella is.

If Edwart didn't lose his virginity until he was 109, he would be really likely to have some problems with his bits. Apparently that can happen if you're really old and a virgin. No wonder they had a Demon Spawn...
over a year ago Quakefur said…
Ahhhhhhh!! There is a My Immortal 2!! I think It's called fangz 4 de venom or somthing. Not Wake Me Up Inside, that turned out to be a fake. * screams and runs in a square shape this time*
over a year ago LilysLittleTwin said…
Send me le linky, please. I want to read it :)
I will try to find it. :) i think it was deleted off fanfiction like the first one.
Update: link There is a link to someone reading the video....... Wow, chapter 2 is about BUTTER... Ok, I was able to only find YouTube videos where people read it out loud, I found the like to the thing on fanfiction link But it says it's not there when you click on it. I could post the links where the people read it put loud. Also, somthing random: today my friend and I were at lunch and he began screaming disturbing things about Snape. I told him he was just jelous because he doesn't have any fans like Snape does. ( bad spelling)
over a year ago clevercaoimhe said…
my best friend is a twilight worshipper(aah)
anyway i was trying 2 explain 2 her how bad it is and i didnt no if ther was any word warps 4 new moon so i said 'spew soon' cause thats what ya wanna do when you watch/read/hear about it, true?
Yes, but I generally want to throw up on the spot rather than "soon". Oh well.
I just realised: I still haven't made the official pledge to serve the Order of the Potters!

In light of this serious omission, I ask to make an Unbreakable Vow with LilysLittleTwin, the founder of the OotP. ToyletGnome, would you consent to be the Bonder?
Sure.

GAAHHH!
I'm rather pissed off right now because
a) the Harry Potter soundtrack didn't load onto my iPod properly so half the songs arecut off after 10 seconds (and I bought it on iTunes)!
and b) I'm uploading this from an iTouch but it's so bloody hard to type on this thing!!!

Anyway, I have Internet access from my bed, which means... I'm 300m away from AJ right n-

aah! Thumb cramp, bye.
over a year ago Mrs-Grint said…
Oh my Godric, you haven't made the Unbreakable Vow? GULLEIRMO! FETCH THE BLOOD TAN-- oh, wait.. that's another thing.. heh heh...

It is hard to type on an iTouch, thumb cramps MUST DIE.

Haha, me and my friend, Alice were bored in science class so we made a little paper chatterbox and Alice asked me to write the results in. When it told her "Never Tickle A Sleeping Dragon" she was very proud of me and said she would do just that (she's even more of a HP fan than me... and that's saying something!!). The others are incredibly hilarious but are far too rude to post on here. :P And Izzy might have a go at me if I do. XD
big smile
hi guys im sleeping over at my best friends house right now
its funny thats shes my best friendbecause we're exact oppisets shes (you will be shocked) a twilight worshipper and im devoted 2 h.p shes nearly always under a storm cloud and im totally optomistic but surprisingly we're best buds good news : i got her reading hp books :) gotta go theres somes icecream that needs my attchion
over a year ago LilysLittleTwin said…
Mrs-Grint: I demand you tell me what they say!
clevercaoimhe: Lucky. I want ice cream :(
Icecream! *is typing on iPod* how do you go onto the next line when you type on one? It just makes all my sentences run together no matter how many spaces I put in
big smile
herehare the best thing in the world cocolate, icecream, hot coco, tea, friends, books and fire
over a year ago BellaCullen96 said…
Annie: Guillermo! Guillermo! The dandruff is weeping!

clevercaoimhe: I WANT CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM NOW! AND HOT COCOA! AND TEA! But not books with fire... :P
no,no reading books beside a fire its still cold enough 4 them here
Sorry, my brain constantly demands sleep - I don't entirely have the capability to stay up all night. (Just ask Taylor.) So, are we doing this thing?

Actually, I think I have to go to IKEA to pick up some furniture for our spare bedroom. We're hosting a Japanese exchange student, see. Anyhoo, I probably won't be on till tonight, so I could make the Vow then?
^Japanese exchange student? Awesome! And you did stay up all night once, but you fell asleep half way through an episode of Family Guy at 7am. I'm two streets away from you (and I'll TP your house tonight... just kidding) and we still need to have a Bond marathon.

Quakefur, you press the button that says 'return'.
link

This is a question video by John Green of the vlogbrothers, also a YA author. If you cbf watching the entire video, just skip to 0.50. Trust me, this is worth it.
Bloody IKEA. It's awesome, but we went there to get a study desk. Guess what happened? We brought home a load of chopping boards and other kitchen things...and no desk.

If ever there was a shop in which the highest percentage of impulse buying took place, it'd be IKEA.
^Haha... hang on.
The IKEA store in Perth has been there for... well I'm not sure how long but it seems pretty awesome. IT HAS THREE MINI HOUSES! But I STILL haven't gone! Hehe, I've been meaning to for quite a while.
YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO IKEA?!

You are a deprived child. A seriously deprived child.
I'm sorry! I just never went.

It's official, I'm addicted to the vlogbrothers. I iz nerdfighter! Also a Phoenix Fighter!

I just saw Alice in wonderland, and Alan Rickman was the caterpillar, and now I've got "The Mysterious Ticking Noise" stuck in my head.
Guys, I'm practically endangering my life here at the moment, writing this. Can we PLEASE get the Unbreakable Vow out of the way so that I can actually survive to follow it through?
YES! Go back about 15 pages to where mine is and then paste it here, I can't remember it at the moment. GO! FANPOP LIKE THE WIND!

In other news, I hate timezones. It's 12.10 over here, where is everyone?
Since we keep missing opportunities to make the Vow, I'm just going to repeat the Pledge. (Those BLOODY TIMEZONES.) Ahem:

I solemnly swear that I will do my best to protect others from the Twazi regime. I will never go over to the Disco Balls and betray my Order of the Potters heritage. Harry Potter is better than Twilight, not the other way around. I swear to protect what is left of the Vampire Fiction genre from Twilight and it's followers. I will remain loyal to Bram Stoker, Susan B. Anthony, and any other that worked tirelessly, only to have their work destroyed because of Twilight. Mischief Managed.

I will also remain loyal to the authors of true classics: J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, Count Leo Tolstoy, C.S. Lewis...name any and I will swear to defend their honour.
YAY! Official Phoenix Fighter!
Finally. =D

OOOH REPLY 1296!
Sorry, Lord of the Rings moment coupled with extreme nerdiness. "1296, very good year. Almost as old as I am!"

Anyway.
Good booze, just make sure Draco didn't imperio Madam Rosmerta and poison that stuff.

WHERE IS EVERYONE?
Nope. Old Winyards. Very very good booze. Of course...*ahem*

You can search far and wide
You can drink the whole town dry,
But you'll never find a beer so brown
But you'll never find a beer so brown
As the one we drink in our home town
As the one we drink in our home town,
You can keep your fancy ales,
You can drink them by the flagon;
But the only brew for the brave and true,
Comes from The Green Dragon!
crying
WHERE IS EVERYONE? We feel so lonely. We can't fight Twitlight all be ourselves.
Come back to us, Phoenix Fighters, we Aussie OoTP members need you!

Happy 1300 posts, too. :)
DAMN! I can't go to bed now or I'll miss 1313, the next in my collection of double double digit numbers!

COME ON PEOPLE!
over a year ago Sworn_Alliance said…
I have come, you aren't alone anymore.
WOOOOOO! HI! We now don't have to go to bed until 3-4am. YAY!
big smile
Sworn_Alliance, thank you!!!! You've given me more reason to stay up late.
I'm hungry. AJ, can you send some food through my window? The floor's really creaky and the food's all downstairs. I'm only two streets away, pleeeaaase?? XD

Anyway, I'm currently trying to grasp why Twilight fans think Twilight is so much better than Harry Potter, but so far I've found no substantial reasons. I will, however, keep looking even though I'm pretty sure there's no reason, because it's not true.
That is a question we all struggle with. The onlly answer I can think of is that Twilight is cursed so that whoever reads it thinks it's the best book ever.
Twilight posseses peoples minds to make them think it's a good 'book'. Mabye there's some Imperio curse on it?
Smeyer probably has voodoo dolls for all her readers, and when a new one comes along, she sticks needles in their brains so they believe it's a good book.
link see this link? Tear them apart...logucally of course, and calmly.
logically*
Taylor, I can only really send you ice-cream. That alright? It's Connoisseur Chocolate Honey Nougat...

I do think that Twilight is cursed. Read about "The Twilight Virus" on Uncyclopedia and you will understand. Just search "Twilight". Look up Meyer too, while you're at it. You'll find it very good.
YES! SEND ME THE ICE-CREAM!

Okay, I just listened to that Bond song 'Explosive' about 5 times, I really like it... a lot. AJ, guess who's my favourite. Clue, we have a lot in common.