arthur e gwen Ideas to Celebrate the Big 1000? Post them here!

VampyreFey posted on Mar 29, 2012 at 07:58PM
It's been awhile since we've celebrated reaching a fan number mark and so, of course, we've decided that it would be fitting to do something for the 1000 fan mark. Last July, I organized a Secret Santa in July of which we had a bunch of participators as well as some really wonderful gifts. But we've grown so much that I really don't think the SS thing is going to work anymore PLUS, it would be more fun to explore some different ideas. So, please put down your ideas and don't be shy. We would really like some creative, fun ideas from a variety of people. And perhaps we can pool together some of the really good ones :)

Image credit: arwen-nsk/fyeaharwen
 It's been awhile since we've celebrated reaching a fã number mark and so, of course, we've decided t
last edited on May 15, 2012 at 08:41PM

arthur e gwen 94 replies

Click here to write a response...
Next

Showing Replies 51-94 of 94

over a year ago BradAngeleyes said…
smile
Great idea and glad to see it's moving forward.

I'm available to help out with anything that needs doing. I don't mind being a mod either so let me know.
over a year ago VampyreFey said…
big smile
If you're free enough to be a mod, that would be great Lorna! I'll PM you in a bit.

Once we are closer to the fan mark, the mods will start making requests of everyone for fanart, fanfics, poems, general tributes, analyses of scenes, fanvids...basically ANYTHING that you all can think of that celebrates Arwen.
over a year ago EPaws said…
laugh
963 is close enough lol.
smile
Indeed, it is. So, yes, everyone can start making their tributes, as soon as possible.
kiss
Woohoo! Thanks Issie!
Information Post About Tributes:

The online blog, which is our big project, is the perfect oppurtunity for anyone to make tribute(s) to Arwen. These tributes can be pretty much anything and you can make as many as you'd like.
Once you've made your tribute, post it to this spot, please. The mods will take care of posting it onto the blog. Title all your posts: 1000 Fans Celebration: Tribute for Arwen and please tag it (as in make this one of your keywords before posting) as "1000 fans celebration." For those of you plan to make graphics, the format of the image should be JPEG. Of course, if it is a gif, the format would be GIF.

There is no set deadline, but you can post your tributes now or when we get to the fan mark. You can post after as well. Just whenever you have time. :)
last edited over a year ago
heart
Got it! Thank you!
over a year ago HumbleQueen said…
smile
Great job, Issie! Finally sending out messages.
over a year ago MissChicky97 said…
big smile
I'm loving these ideas!

I'll get my brain thinking and get back to you on this!
over a year ago MISAforever said…
heart
This is awesome!!! You know you can count on me!!
I don't know how to make vids, or write fanfics, but I'll try to do some graphics.
kiss
If you are on tumblr and would like to follow the blog, you will find it link. The mods will begin posting as soon as we receive the posts on this sight :) So you will start seeing postings as early as today depending on the tributes posted.

Also, I'd like to make a list of everyone who is apart of the family for the blog, so if you can just tell me whether you'd like me to use your tumblr url, fp url, or something else- that would be great.
over a year ago Melisey said…
heart
I am so very proud of you girls and all that you are doing. Of course I will participate.
over a year ago kbrand5333 said…
I'll have to consult with my brain and see if we can't come up with a little mini-fic. Too bad I didn't think of dedicating 1000 Tomorrows to this cause. It even has 1000 in the title.
kiss
And who says you cannot dedicate it, Silly Head?
I know I could, but it kind of feels like a cop-out.
kiss
Fine then write something for them.
Gotta come up with something. And finish that other thing up, too...
over a year ago golden62 said…
heart
I am not very artistic when it comes to drawing or videos, I do love to write but with time constraint and such it's not possible and I feel bad when i have to let anyone down, I must say I am very, very impressed with all the wonderfully artistic people we have here!!

If there is anything else I can help with, please don't hesitate to give me a shout.

PS. I love Arwen so much I am thinking of starting a site just for them, I want to spread the word about this wonderful couple.

Golden62
over a year ago Luzan said…
big smile
I make a vid!!!
my first Arwen video, will be for this celebration yes!!
over a year ago 2Sam11 said…
smile
I will make something 2! Already have some ideas.....

@VampyreFey
- for me you can use my tumblr url!
over a year ago nsk said…
YEAH i'm in !
@golden62 , you should start the website ! <3
over a year ago MISAforever said…
You know you can use anything mine!
I'll start making that list, soon :)
kiss
Having the arwen theme music at the Tumblr is a nice touch, Issie!
laugh
I love it. I am already a member. I am useless. I am just enjoying all the beauty. Someone tell me if anything is needed and I will help but I can do nothing but open my big assed mouth and maybe volunteer to mod where necessary but I think you have enough MODS already.
big smile
When I write something you can post it there for me. I know nothing of this Tumblr and am not interested in learning, actually.
smile
Idea popped into my head as I was going to bed last night. Had to write it down on a scrap of paper so I wouldn't forget it. And so I could allow myself to go to sleep.
smile
Thank you, Nanna. I got the idea from Melly because she has a playlist running on her blog and I was just like, "OH! It would be perfect if the theme could play in the back."
Actually, you can be a mod, Stacey. And just update whenever you see a post on here. :)
Of course, Kim. We wil post whatever you write and every post on tumblr recieves "tags." So one would be "tribute by kbrand533."
over a year ago RosalynCabenson said…
heart
awww I just read this! great idea! you are all so amazing!
I haven'tz been here for a while but I will participate as well of course! can't wait to see all the tributes!
over a year ago Bonne-Bell said…
I love the blog that's been set up for this. I only found out about it last week because I haven't been checking on here. Anyway, great job ladies and all the tributes that I've seen have been wonderful. I'll think of something to contribute as well.
kiss
My fic is posted here:
link
and here:
link

If someone wants to post it on the Tumblr page for me, I'd appreciate it.
The Game Part 1 is already up, Kim. It's link. I'll post the second part right away. Fantastic fic, by the way. So beautifully written.
big smile
Thanks, dear! It's just smut and fluff, really.
big smile
Oh I forgot to read Part 2 of that. Have to catch up on my reading again. Issie, I have been checking and usually the contributions are there when I check. Just holler if you can't keep up or won't be around or whatever. I've been spotty the past two weeks but hope to be around a bit more for a while.

Believe it or not, I haven't thought of anything to do myself!
smile
Thanks, Nanna. Actually, I will need a hand in a few weeks because right when school ends, I'm leaving for England and then Italy for a wedding. So I will need someone to oversee everything. I reset up the blog to make it easier for you all to mod, so I will send you a PM with a couple of extra details.
smile
Whatever you need, kiddo. Just let us know.
smile
Question. Did we ever decide on the icon thing Melly suggested? Are we all going with the same one on the day we hit 1,000? Or is it too late? If we do, it needs to be the club one and we can all upload that one to our photos now if we're going to do it. Get the word out on the wall, forum, etc.

So we need to decide today! 995!
kiss
Huh....HQ let me know about this icon wheeze. I am out of touch on that one.
smile
Melly gave us the idea of doing matching icons as a part of the celebration. Apparently, they did it at the Delena club when they hit a magic number. We could do the matching thing for a few days, week? Melly if you're around let us know how that works???

I'll write her!!!
Good idea, Nanna. Write her. In the Delena club, some fans made icons and then they were all compiled into a poll where everyone voted for the one they liked best.
over a year ago Arina0122 said…
heart
Thank you, ladies for all the hard work you are doing to bring joy and pleasure to all as we celebrate the big 1000.
over a year ago Melisey said…
Yay we reached a thousand. I am so very happy. :) I think we can start with the icons right now. At the Delena spot the fans made different icons and made a poll. Then they used the winner icon. I am attaching an icon that we used there to this post.
However I think we can use our spot icon, then everyone just starts using it as their icon. We could write something on it? Or just use it as it is. Maybe for about a week?

Yay we reached a thousand. I am so very happy. :) I think we can start with the ícones right now. At t
smile
Hi Melly! I'm just getting this. I don't know how to get this started. It would be fun to have the same icon for a week. Sounds good. I'll do a photo post and could you put it on the forum.
kiss
Done! Brilliant!