arthur e gwen Ideas to Celebrate the Big 1000? Post them here!

VampyreFey posted on Mar 29, 2012 at 07:58PM
It's been awhile since we've celebrated reaching a fan number mark and so, of course, we've decided that it would be fitting to do something for the 1000 fan mark. Last July, I organized a Secret Santa in July of which we had a bunch of participators as well as some really wonderful gifts. But we've grown so much that I really don't think the SS thing is going to work anymore PLUS, it would be more fun to explore some different ideas. So, please put down your ideas and don't be shy. We would really like some creative, fun ideas from a variety of people. And perhaps we can pool together some of the really good ones :)

Image credit: arwen-nsk/fyeaharwen
 It's been awhile since we've celebrated reaching a fã number mark and so, of course, we've decided t
last edited on May 15, 2012 at 08:41PM

arthur e gwen 94 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 94

over a year ago EPaws said…
kiss
First, the art is beautiful and where in hell is everyone? Okay will think on it tonight and give me usual blathering opinion. It must be deffo something to celebrate us as an extended family, totally agree, but what? We are a huge body now. Will think on it. As always Issie, you are a genius.
over a year ago VampyreFey said…
kiss
Ah, yeah, that's why I picked it. Very Once and Future Pendragon, I thought.
Exactly. I thought it should also be a really good way for us to really interact with each other. Because I see some really lovely individuals on this spot whose comments I admire, but I never get a chance to interact with. So, it should deffo celebrate everyone! :D
Oh, but I'm so sure you'll come with something grand. I'm still thinking... I have some ideas. Just trying to make them into something that makes sense.
Well, thank you, my lovely Stacey :)
kiss
Totally true. Need to spend more time in the forum cause great discussions start on comments and either go private but in reality they belong here IN the forum where they can have a life of their own. Tons of thinkers here, just like yourself. We really lucked out in this group. Great people. Okay will put thinking cap on and come back tomorrow.
kiss
Yep, of course. I'll be super active on this forum tomorrow. And trying to ensure lots of ideas are contributed. I'd like to do something big. 'Cause it's a big number we're hitting :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago HumbleQueen said…
big smile
Checking tomorrow with my daughter who's done some nice stuff with her online group.

Don't worry, guys. Folks will come trickling in with ideas. We have time.

I agree, Issie. I too want to see us do something big.
laugh
Oh, that would be wonderful Nanna :)

Something big, indeed! I'm very excited now!
over a year ago BradAngeleyes said…
big smile
I'll start thinking too and I don't do that very often these days LOL.
I'm sure you'll come up with a really great idea Issie.
over a year ago MISAforever said…
Issie never fails to amaze me
I agree, we want something BIG!!
But I don't have any ideas LoL..
over a year ago sportyshuie said…
sick
Left my brain at work today ... will get back tomorrow to see what i can contribute. Can't do any thinking with this stupid fever and flu bugging the life out of me ... anyway, first ... great idea and what a collaboration it will be with everyone in the family chippng in. Can't wait to see all the ideas ... Issie, you're going to get hands full :)
over a year ago famfan said…
hmmm
@SHU I hope you feel better.

I'll just throw out some random ideas:
*T-shirt design I wanted to get one made for myself. lol silly I know
*donate to a charity
something big.....I will keep thinking and posting random ideas as they occur to me.
Thanks famfam ...

Now, have to crack my head for some good ideas ... damn, medicine kicking in!! Well, i'll think while sleeping. goodnight lovely ones. Will come back with creative ideas tomorrow.
over a year ago Melisey said…
heart
I'm not creative enough for something big. But I still love the matching icons that we did on the Delena spot. Issie you are amazing as always, taking the initiative.
heart
Matching icons it is. I like.
heart
OMG love the T-shirt Idea...Arwen themed perhaps?
kiss
Ah thank you, Lorna :) I'm sure you too will come with something absolutely wonderful.
LOL, once all these amazing ideas come about...I'm going to be very busy putting it all together, Shu. And I hope you feel better soon!
Oh, Joppa, thank you lovely.
Aw, Melly. The icon idea is lovely. They did that for 6000 fans on the DE spot. I remember that now. And thank you. You all are so sweet ;)

The t-shirt idea sounds interesting. I'd like to know more. We'll build on that. I actually have a gift that I plan to give for all of you once 1000 fans hits. But that's my little surprise.

Anyways, back to this. I have some vage ideas formulating in my head. I'll put it down once I structure them.
smile
Doing matching icons is a deal! Tee shirts too if we could pull if off! Don't know how it would work with folks from all over the world.

Who makes vids around here? Could we make some kind of special video and all contribute stuff or something?

And donations to charity--always a winner.

We could always make up a special website and all contribute there, like we did with Angel.

Wish we had a way to do their wedding since we never had one and we each give them a wedding gift.

Just brainstorming.

May have more later.
^Ah, we could do a site again- there's an idea that we can build on.

How about the Best of Arwen sort of thing? An online scrapbook that we can do here. We all have Arwen scenes that are precious to us and we all have Arwen fanart that we love. Or AG fanfiction. We could somehow pool it together. That part I'll think on. Maybe that's what we can use the site for...
kiss
That is an awesome idea Nanna and Issie. An online scrapbook, I love it. Would it be a tumblr blog?
Have I mentioned lately how amazing I think all of you guys are. You are all such special people. :) This is the best spot.
Possibly, Melly. The blog might be the perfect way to organize the online scrap book. We'll have to see.
Oh, and I have another idea. We could do an Arwen alphabet and assign anyone who wants to partipate some letters of the alphabet. They then have to find the best word/phrase that begins with said letter to describe Arwen. And something to go along with that word or phrase that portrays why it's special to our couple. Like a fanfic or a fanart. It could be a week-long challenge.
Aw, Melly. You are so sweet. And you are one fantasic girl :)
big smile
Right back at you, Issie. And you are just full of creative ideas. I don't know how you come up with it all. The alphabet thing is perfect. I am getting so excited, this all sounds great.
cool
Awww, Issie!!! You go, little girl! Online scrapbook! Loving it already! On my way out now, but I'll check back in later this evening to see what you girlies are cooking up.

And someway, somehow, we'll try to make sure TPTB and Bradley and Angel get the link to our scrapbook.

Melly, it could be a Tumblr or LJ; both are easy to set up. See what you think serves the purpose best, Issie.

Oh the alphabet thing good too.

See what other ideas from others we can incorporate. Bring them in, folks
laugh
LOL, Melly ;) Once we formulate one idea, I guess I just run with it. Yeah, the alphabet thing seems pretty fun, right?

I'm on it, Nanna. I'm not familiar with LJ, but here's the perfect oppurtunity to get familiar with it. I'll go check to see if it serves better than tumblr does. But if Bradley and Angel were to get the link! Oh, I might and die of happiness. Yes, we should definitely try to make sure TPTB get is, then.

YES! Build from this idea, lovelies! Bring new ones! Because this is going to be such a great celebration.
over a year ago Bonne-Bell said…
Thanks for setting this up Issie. I can't think of anything but I love all these ideas. Especially the online scrapbook and the alphabet. It'd be a way for us to also get other Arwenites who are not on fanpop involved as well.
kiss
Whatever you all finally decide to do, attach an appropriate charity to it. That will add impact.
It is a wonderful idea Issie. And yes a charity would be great.
sick
Ok, some ideas popped up.
1. First, maybe we organise online competitions;
a. Fics writing
b. Arwen photo/wallpaper creation
c. Poem writing
d. Perhaps a song for Arwen
e. Theme creation (for tees, caps, banners etc)
f. Videos of Arwen
g. Anything creative

2. We can include all the creation in the online scrap book while the winner can be announced here at our site. It'd be a great motivation for the new members ... sort of break the ice process. The winner perhaps can get a suprise gift here, who knows?

3. I was thinking .. since we are a diverse group, maybe we can include our culture into any sort of creation we do. It'd be fun because no site have probably encourage their members like we do and this will be a sort of motivation for the shy members, who comes from all over the world to participate with us.
This is just a suggestion .. we don't have to try it if it doesnt go down well with the rest of the family, :)

4. Advertise the site in as many websites/webpages we can ... facebook,blogs, forums etc. We make this site a great place for any arwen supporters ... from all over the world.

5. Let's reward ourselves with gifts for making it up to 1000 members. I'm not sure about the gifts but perhaps we can think about it together.

Well that's all i could think of today ... Some of the ideas have already been mentioned by others, so i have just organised it a bit. Have a nice day everyone. Love you all ...
kiss
That's a brilliant list, Shu. I love the competitions and yes, we can post everything that we incorporated in the online scrapbook. And the idea of including culture to help break the ice is so creative. Wow!

And btw, tumblr fits the scrapbook best, Nanna.
over a year ago MISAforever said…
heart
Great ideas!! I feel so special to be a part of this club!
heart
Rock on Sporty! Very, very nice.
kiss
I knew you guys would come through!!! Incorporating culture--love that. With all the talent we have around here, I think we can include everything on your list, Shu.

Ok, Issie. You're probably right about tumblr fitting the best, with all the creative stuff that will be going on. Go for it! It's going to be fab!!!

I have a feeling we're all getting excited!!! This will help us keep the fires going before S5 airs, because we're going to hit it before then, AGREE?????????????????
heart
Loving all the ideas. Wow! I am so excited!
What if we all make pledges to give to a charity in the name of our couple?
over a year ago LadyKnighton said…
big smile
All of these ideas are so good,just let me know what we're doing and I will gladly take part :)
smile
So it seems like the best way for us to hopeful incorporate a charity into our celebration would be to set up a pledge page. We could pledge time or money. Once we have completed or pledge, maybe post a picture of donation receipt (appropriate information whited out.) For the charity I would like to suggest the Children in Need program. It is the one that is sponsored by the BBC seems fitting. I’ll keep looking for a way for us to give all under one name, I just can’t seem to find away to do that without putting one individual in charge of that account
link
^Oh, that's a great idea! To have us all donate under one name. Yeah, the Children in Need program is fitting seeing that BBC has sponsored it through Merlin, previously.

Once we head closer to 1000, I'll create the blog. You guys can start thinking of what you'd like to post on it.
over a year ago RosalynCabenson said…
Oh all great Ideas! can't wait!
I'm definitely going to make a video if you don't mind^^
I like that with the letters and phrases. Maybe we could think of phrases that describe arwen best or our favorites and make posters with each, I'd like that^^
smile
Have you noticed but I think the pace has picked up a bit? Already we're at 928 (we just added one while I went over to the counting forum). Ok, Issie, I'll start thinking, especially since it takes me so long to do anything with my limited talent. I can't wait to see what we're going to get with all the creative people we have among us.

I may try to find a poem or writing that expresses what Arwen is as I see this couple. Would be great if a fan would write a poem for them. I think some already have. That would be awesome.

Rose, I look forward to that video!
over a year ago RosalynCabenson said…
Yeah, I would love to read some poems.
I love vidding Arwen, I have to think of something special for the fans hm
kiss
Ah, but it looks as if I'll have to get working on that tumblr soon, Nanna. The club just keeps growing daily.
Oh, yes, Nanna. There's so much to write about them. But whatever you do, it'll be brilliant.
Aw, Rose. You know I love your videos so I highly look forward to that vid.
Alright...as we are almost there (YAY!)
The tumblr thing won over, I believe, which means that we should start considering our possiblities and also because I pretty much have no idea what I'm doing. I need to ask for the help of some of you who are interested (hmmm... as many as possible) who can help me co-mod the future blog in celebration. Here's the thing; I don't (or rather no longer have) a tumblr account SO I really do need some volunteers who have a tumblr account and who are willing to run another blog. Tell me here if you are interested and then...um... then I'll send you a PM and we'll take it from there? Lol, I'm sorry that I'm not that organized. I only just realized that 1000 fans is literally around the corner. So I must ask those of you on tumblr to help me mod the blog.

Secondly, as famfam said above- the best way to go about the charity is to create a pledge page. I think she's still looking how to put us all under one name. The Children in Need program is (most probably) the charity we will be donating to.

And lastly, if you have any more ideas, do tell. Considering that we are almost there ;)
kiss
Sure. I will help out. Elegantpaws.tumblr.com and I am sure tons more will
kiss
Of course, Stacey *hugs*
There are two ways (I think) to creating this blog. One being someone who has an account can create it or a completely new account can be created and the blog can be made through that. Opinions?
kiss
Anytime hon. I am good either way. Will wait and see what everyone decides.
kiss
Agreed. Once everyone comes to a decision we can act accordingly.
kiss
So Issie, tell me what you need me to do. I'm in. Not very technical but point me in the direction you want me to go, wind me up, and let me loose.

I'm still keen on doing something to celebrate why we love Arwen from ShuShu's list above. Everyone do one of those things and dedicate it to our couple. Anything creative. Online scrapbook of our love. Have them ready to post when we hit it. Is there any way we could do it here? Is creating a new site going to be too much? I'm good either way.

I also like Melly's idea. We should decide on an icon (maybe the club one) that we download to our computers and store in our photos. The day we hit 1,000 we all change our icons. That will be so cool. How long do we do that for, Melly?

So, famfan doing the children in need thing??? Great!!!

Seems every time I come on we have another member. It's moving alright.
kiss
Yes, Nanna :) Once we come to a decision, it'll all kind of fall into place.

The online scrapbook idea can in fact be done here- or at least we all post something on why we love Arwen. Or we can just do it all on the blog. I don't mind.

Yeah, Melly's idea for the icon is fabulous.

I know! It's great how fast the club is growing.
kiss
Where are we with this? Haven't heard a peep in days.
Thanks for the reminder, Stacey. I almost forgot and seeing that we're getting closer, we should start making some decisions.
Sooo... do we have any thoughts regarding the blog? Or the online scrapbook idea in general.
About: the icon- if we can all vote on one icon that we want, that would be great. So search the club for your favorite icons and then post them here. Then a pick can be made in a week or so.

And of course, more ideas are more than welcomed.
Let me know what you'd like me to do to be a mod. I'd be available to do postings but designing of the blog itself would best be left for someone else. Not great at that. PM me when you get the opportunity, Issie. I got confused as I thought the blog was made. If you want to do the project here, I could help with that too.

Coming with my icon choice shortly.

kiss
Oh, my fault, Nanna. I wasn't clear here. The blog is made: link. Yeah, I'll PM you the log in information and you can go in and look around. If anyone else would like to be a mod, let me know.