my little pony - a amizade é mágica The Sunset Shimmer Paradox RP

NocturnalMirage posted on Jan 18, 2014 at 11:29AM
Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria and steals the time travel spell, from the Canterlot Archives. She uses it to go back in time to ruin Twilight Sparkle's life and make sure she will never gets accepted to the School for Gifted Unicorns, thus won't be recognized by Celestia.

Of course, in doing so, she drastically alters the future and Twilight wakes up in a world where Sunset Shimmer is an alicorn Queen and the Element of Magic and rules the land of Neo-Equestria with an iron hoof.

Twilight is the only one who remembers what her world used to be like, but since she's a regular unicorn with almost no magic at all, she seeks help from other ponies. She has to re-evaluate everything she's learned, because in this universe the most feared and powerful villains of her own world are noble freedom fighters.

Since Sunset Shimmer wisely destroyed every single scroll of the time travel spell, she's the only one who knows it, therefore Twilight has to find another way back in time to restore the world to its original state, before the final war of ponykind erupts and destroys everything.

It is time for role reversal! :)

RULES:

- No godmodding (nopony's all-powerful and/or invincible, not even Celestia herself)

- No puppeteering (please refrain from taking control of someone else's character without a permission)

- No Deus ex Machina (a conflict cannot be magically solved/made disappear by a simple flash of a horn)

- Please do not implement anything that drives too far apart from the original canon

- No cussing

- This is a canon RP, so you can only join with an official MLP character (below you can find the list of characters that are already taken)

- Please limit yourselves to 6 characters/person, but keep in mind that only 2 character out of the 6 can be from the Mane 6.

- And most importantly: HAVE FUN!

Characters/roleplayers:

Pinkie Pie, Coco Pummel, Discord, Lyra: ChibiEmmy
Fluttershy: SkyheartPegasus
Twilight Sparkle, Sunset Shimmer, Chrysalis, Celestia, Cheese Sandwich: NocturnalMirage
Raindrops: alinah_09
Nightmare Moon, Rarity, Daring Do: KendiKens

Sunset Shimmer returns to Equestria and steals the time travel spell, from the Canterlot Archives. Sh
last edited on Feb 07, 2014 at 01:59AM

my little pony - a amizade é mágica 1123 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 1123

over a year ago NocturnalMirage said…
Our story begins with the scene where we see Twilight, sleeping in the Ponyville Library. When she wakes up she sees the headline of a newspaper in front of her, that says:

THE QUEEN'S OFFICE TIGHTENS CURFEW

According to the Queen's office, this is a response to the threat of the Terran Republic and the Pegasus Commonwealth. New, more strict security measures are expected to be implemented in the near future all around Neo-Equestria.

Twilight: *shakes head, unable to comprehend the words* What?

She trots out only to face a very different Ponyville. Instead of dirt roads, its concrete and asphalt everywhere, there are giant holographic images on the buildings, all showing Sunset Shimmer and there are a lot of Peacekeepers marching on the streets, similarly to Royal Guards. Ponies walk ahead in lines, with an emotionless expressions, their lifeless eyes staring into nothingness. Everything's clean and shiny, but cold and rigid at the same time...

Twilight: What happened here?
over a year ago alinah_09 said…
so...what's first? are we in HQ or something? or does Twilight still need to pass some initiation?
alinah_09 commented…
weird,i guess we all typed and entered in the same exact time over a year ago
NocturnalMirage commented…
indeed. typical case of simultaneous posting. .) over a year ago
over a year ago KendiKens said…
Oright,we already know who are my characters,but in the mane six I will choose Daring Do!Let's get started already!
Daring Do:Who is...Oh,it's that pony,Twilight Sparkle.
Nightmare Moon:Um,yeah!What are you staring at?
last edited over a year ago
(Well, the time line has already been altered and Twilight's in the same age as in her original world, but she's a regular unicorn with almost no magic at all. She's not an Element of Harmony here and she doesn't know what's going on, since we start from the point right after Sunset Shimmer altered the past and we only see the consequences of her actions right now.)
Nightmare Moon:Have you forgot to speak or what?
Daring Do:It looks so!
Twilight: Oh, sorry... I just... whoa! NIGHTMARE MOON!!!
Daring Do:What in the hay is wrong with you?
Nightmare Moon:Yeah!
Twilight: Nightmare Moon! It's impossible! We defeated you! What are you doing here?!
(I have a question,who decides who is in the mane six?)
Daring Do&Nightmare Moon:*see each other,laugh*What?
(Well, the Mane 6 have the same personalities, but they never became the Elements of Harmony, it's Sunset Shimmer who possess all the power of the elements. The Mane 6 are regular ponies here, who don't or barely even know each other, but they are still Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy, Rainbow Dash, Rarity and Twilight Sparkle)
(I'd liked to be in the mane six,but I can't,but no prob XD)
Nightmare Moon:What did you do?Let's call my friend,Crystalis to find it out!O Crystalis!
(The role of Rarity is still open, if you'd like to take it. :)

Twilight: I don't understand, you shouldn't even exist!

Twilight's causing a scene and it gets the attention of some Peacekeepers, who glare at us.
KendiKens commented…
Okay then! over a year ago
KendiKens commented…
Thanks! over a year ago
np :) over a year ago
Nightmare Moon:*laughs*
Rarity:*hears laughs*What is so funny?Do I have dirt?
Nightmare Moon:No!
Raindrops: *flies beside them* er...i dont think you should do that...cause a ruckus i mean,it might make them angry...
The Peacekeepers walk over to us with stern faces.

Peacekeeper 1: Citizens! You are causing a disturbance! Show me your identifications!
Raindrops: uh-oh...
Peacekeeper 2: What are you waiting for?! Extend right arm for scanning your implanted ID chips! All of you!
Twilight: What? What the hay is that supposed to mean?
Daring Do&Nightmare Moon:Here ya go!
Rarity:Ugh,if it needs to,here you go!
Raindrops: just do as they say...*sigh* right *extends arm*
Peacekeeper 1: *holds a small device with a holographic display a few inches above their right arms* All data seems to be correct.
Peacekeeper 2: What about her? *points at Twilight*
Twilight: what is this madness?!
Peacekeeper 1: Cooperate, citizen! Defying the Queen's authority means an automatic 30 day solitary confinement! *holds Twilight down, while his partner scans her and the device starts to beep*
Peacekeeper 2: I don't believe it! This one has no implanted chip!!!
Peacekeeper 1: That's the violation of law 3452/7! Arrest all of them!
Daring Do:Wait.Don't you know who she is?
Rarity:You should be ashamed!
Nightmare Moon:She is the Queens little sister!
Rarity:So get your hands off us!
The Peacekeepers look confused.

Peacekeeper 1: I'm terribly sorry your Highness!
Peacekeeper 2: Let's get out of here, before she reports this to the Queen!
Twilight: Pheew... That was a close one! But why did you help me? What was this all about? I'm so confused... what happened to Ponyville?
Rarity:Well,Ponyville has always been like this!
Daring Do:Well,we did this...Because....
Rarity:Because we felt bad to let them catch you!
Twilight: Thanks! *smiles* You are truly the element of Generosity, Rarity!
Raindrops: yeah,also because we are all the same here...what happened? you dont know? ever since the queen,Sunset Shimmer took over,its always been like this...
Rarity:What was this thing with the element?
Twilight: Well the Element of... wait, WHAT?! Sunset Shimmer?! Queen?! When?! HOW?!!! What happened to Celestia and Luna?!
Rarity:Who are these?
Nightmare Moon:Never heard about them.
Twilight: I cannot believe this! This is a nightmare and I can't wake up!!!
Nightmare Moon:Did you call me?
Rarity:No!Sweet heart,this is the real life.You have to deal with it!
(Chrystalis is back in one of my forums.Yay!)
(sorry, my net is acting crazy again, dropping me off in every 2 minutes, but this RP is going to be epic, I just feel it XD)

Twilight: No, you don't understand! This is not what it used to be! There has to be an explanation... THE LIBRARY! Perhaps I'll find some answers there!
Rarity:There is no library anymore.
Daring Do:They have burned the books!
Twilight: This is insane! Very well then, we need the Elements of Harmony!
Raindrops: what Elements of Harmony? There are no 'elements of harmony' and shush,we might get caught again
alinah_09 commented…
okay,thats all from me,im going to bed...g'night guys! over a year ago
good night! Hope to see you soon! :) over a year ago
Rarity:What are these?
Nightmare Moon:What are this elements?
Daring Do:Hey,I am an explorer,I don't know a thing!They aren't real!
Twilight: Not real? I mean... arrgh... *face-hoof* I need some answers. But I don't want any of you to get in trouble because of me...
Rarity:*laughs*Us,in troubles!Don't make me laugh!
(Chrystalis's Glory:link just love this idea!)
Twilight: What's so funny about that?

(thanks! :)
Rarity:This city is a trouble!You can save your self with just one trick!

(No Problem!)
Twilight: *raises a brow* Trick? I'm not sure I understand...
Rarity:Hahahaaha!What's not to understand?
Daring Do:Haven't you lived here for the past years?
Nightmare Moon:Yeah,like she has never lived in Ponyville before!*laughs*
Twilight: *gets angry* Ah, forget it! *tries to teleport away, but fails* What the... *tries again, but the result is the same* My magic... what happened to my magic? I can't teleport!
Rarity:Don't you know?You have been ashamed for many month on newspapers,and they call you the unicorn that can't use magic!
over a year ago jordy_dash said…
Can I join mirage?)
Sure thing, bro! Just pick an official MLP character and hop in! :) over a year ago
Actually, there's another RP which you might like, called the Unicorn Comet. :) over a year ago
jordy_dash commented…
Ok over a year ago
(Oww, that's gooood! XD )

Twilight: This isn't happening! *breaths rapidly* No, no no no! This is wrong! Everything's wrong! *sees the image of Sunset Shimmer on one of the holographic displays* Sunset Shimmer... she has to be the one who's responsible for all of this!
Rarity:Well,she is,my darling!
Twilight: But what I don't understand is, how could she possibly become a Queen? There must be a story of how she came to be.
over a year ago jordy_dash said…
*is it ok if i can be two ponies?*
Yup. You can play as 4 different characters. over a year ago
Rarity:Celestia said that she was her priced pupil,4 years ago,and made her queen!She had wings and everything,but nopony goed too the celebration,so she became CRAZY!
Nightmare Moon:You said it sister!
Daring Do:I second that!