jogos vorazes If You Could Change Anything About The Hunger Games Movie, What Would It Be?

missing_99 posted on Jun 15, 2012 at 05:22PM
Have any of you seen the original District 12/Seam digital rendering? It's on pages 50 and 51 in the Movie Companion. I think that would have made a better Seam. I know it fits with my image of the Seam so well and I hope Francis Lawrence can capture a better District 12 for Catching Fire, since we more than likely won't be returning to the Seam, at least not like in The Hunger Games.

I would have Madge, of course. Less shaky cam. Change Rue's death scene! I was really looking forward to it, especially after seeing the teaser and realizing at the end that was Rue's final moments alive. I think it would've made it a lot more dramatic. I would change the time of the mutts attack and what they looked like. In the movie, they killed Thresh, but it's still unknown in the book how Thresh met his end. I could barely see the mutts in the theater. Because the room was dark, on screen was dark, the mutts were dark. The biggest part for me that made the mutts creepy and evil was the fact they resembled the dead tributes so much. Eyes, coat color, size, you get the point. Gary could've at least made them look like demonic wolves or something.

The names. The only time we hear Foxface in the movie is when Peeta says it to Katniss. People who have read the book know who Foxface is and know that it isn't her real name, but a secret nickname Katniss gave her. But I couldn't help but wonder what movie-goers thought of it. Did they think of the redhead? Did they think someone was actually named Foxface? Or did they just think, 'Who in the heck is Foxface!?'

I heard no canons for when Marvel and Rue died. And I wished that Katniss and Peeta would've been entirely engulfed in the flames instead of just their heads, also making Katniss' interview dress be stellar, and not having the other tributes' interview dresses and suits not look so cheesy or like they're from a 70's prom. That is all and enjoy posting on the forum, fellow tributes!

jogos vorazes 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago peetniss4eva101 said…
kiss
Peeta and Katniss don't kiss enough!!
over a year ago missing_99 said…
wink
@peetniss4eva101 You're right! Not that I particularly enjoyed their kissing scenes, it was a crucial part in the "madly in love" act. Of course, in the book, they did show how much they "loved" each other and whatnot besides the kissing, but I think everyone in the Capitol liked the kissing the most, don't you? I was kinda looking forward to the kiss where Katniss wanted more, the first "real" kiss she had with Peeta in the cave. I don't know why Gary left out the sleeping bag parts - maybe he thought movie-goers would "fill in the blanks" and think they did something more in the cave?

I don't know. I hope we get the beach scene in Catching Fire.
over a year ago Eryn_Targaryen said…
cool
Even though it's really a hard task to convert a book into a film, "The Hunger Games" film was not what I expected. :(
If I were able of changing something, I would focus more on the Katniss-Gale relationship. I think that the scenes in the movie don't portrait well their friendship, there should be more detail in it.
I'd also change Katniss's hairdo on the Tribute Parade. The other Districts dresses were kinda lame, but that's none of my concern, they're supposed to be ridiculus:p
I'd also like to see Rue more in the movie, as well as the scenes in the cave with Peeta. I really liked that part in the book, and as missing_99 mentioned, it is a crucial part in Katniss and Peeta's relationship.
But the thing I really didn't like in the movie, was the actress who played Katniss, Jennifer Lawrence. Now this is just my opinion, and I consider her to be really beautiful, but I think she wasn't meant to be Katniss.

I enjoyed reading the books, and I'm looking forward to the next movie (mostly because of Finnick:3).
over a year ago Katniss6382 said…
smile
Definitely the love story between Katniss and Peeta. It wasn't nearly enough. They were in the cave for all of what!? Three days?! Also they didnt kiss NEARLY enough. Plus it didn't seem as real as it did in the book. I know Katniss didn't really love Peeta but in the book she did a better job of pretending she did.
over a year ago ILOVEJCD said…
mischievous
katnip + peeta should have "done it" in the cave
over a year ago POPclogger216 said…
It would have been nice if it wasn't filmed by strapping a camera to the chest of a rabid monkey and letting it walk around on set (that is how the guys in my class described it, and I think it fits the movie.)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago morganaforever said…
Katniss and Peeta K-I-S-S-I-N-G in the cave. Oh, and Josh getting topless :DDDDD