The fanpop News Team Roster

Cinders posted on Jul 13, 2009 at 11:11PM
Hey, folks, and welcome to the Fanpop News Team! As you know, we're hiring (and we will always BE hiring) so sign up here and I'll keep a list of curious reporters and their relative interests.

I am your Editor in Chief, Cinders, or you may call me Carly, whichever you prefer. I am looking for editors to help put the paper together.

I have decided that, rather than assign individual users to the same type of stories every issue, we'll have different writers cover different stories every time, depending on their interests. So while the last link ad detailed specific positions, right now we're just going to have general reporters.

Reporters can ALSO be editors, for the record. When you sign up, indicate your general interests when it comes to writing journalistic articles and I'll put it by your name. Also let me know if you're interested in being an editor.

So here's the grand list:

Fanpop News Team Staff
Cinders (Interests: Politics, Advice, Opinions)
smoore23 (Interests: Pop Culture, Television, Warm Fuzzies, Features)
germany123 (Interests: Beauty Tips and How-To Guides)
ArabellaElfie (Interestes: Buffyverse and other TV shows)
rusty746454 (Interests: Anime, History, Politics, Twilight)
harold (Interests: Renaissance Man)
Saul_Mikoliunas (Interests: Celebrities, Photo Editing, Interviews)
liissaaxx (Interests: Books, Movies, Interviews)
renrae (Interests: Reviews, Horoscopes, Anything)
tushtush (Interests: Horoscopes, Movie Reviews)
laureng114 (Interests: Anything, Baseball, Editing, Current Events)
delta117 (Interests: World News, Foreign Affairs)
genyva (Interests: Reviews, Television, Advice)
last edited on Jul 25, 2009 at 04:46AM

The fanpop News Team 25 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago smoore23 said…
smoore23's interests:
-- Pop culture / celebrity news
-- Television
-- Pretty much anything 'fluffy'
-- I'd also be interested in doing something like a Fanpop club spotlight type thing where one not-so-popular spots are explored and discussed.
over a year ago germany123 said…
wink
well the only thing i am good at is beauty stuff- i could do some hair and makeup advice or how tos..thats serious journalism down the drain so...possibly i can just be a reader.
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Cinders,

I'm usually pretty busy with the Buffy spot and whatnot but I'm willing to help with whatever you need. I'm mainly a Buffy person but I'm good for Doctor Who, Supernatural, The Office, Dexter, True Blood, Entourage and movies. I'm pretty much open to helping in whatever you need.
over a year ago rusty746454 said…
I am good with Anything dealing with anime and am probable the go to person if you need to know about anything in the subject.
I also know tons of facts about history and am very good in the subject of political analyses .
I could also do Twilight. I am not obsessed so that helps when writeing something someone's wants to read.
TV and pop culture
Movie Reviews
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago harold said…
Editing, proofreading, film, TV, radio, cartoons, acting, singing...pretty much any kind of artistic, creative or mass-media endeavor. Also games, parenting, interviews and humor. That said, I'm game for pretty much anything but the horoscope - I suspect I'd be too silly with that and might offend people, even with the guidance of an editor.
over a year ago Cinders said…
Check and check.
over a year ago Saul_Mikoliunas said…
Well according to Germany, I am a great celebrity stalker and I sort of agree. I Know alot about television, all sorts of television. I like photo editing and coming up with new things like Images / Videos (If you wait another three weeks, I can show you a few examples I am very proud of in the image category =D) I got Sony vegas Video Editing programme for my birthday so i enjoy making videos mucho. I have no idea if any of these thigns are useful but I would love to be involved so I added them =D
OH and I like asking/making(whatever the word is) interviews, partially because I am unbelievably nosey.
over a year ago liissaaxx said…
I would love to help and get involved, it sounds like a great idea.

My interests:
-Books
-Movies
-Interviews
I'm not actually sure what my interests are, I'm interested in anything. I am willing to do anything that needs to be done, apart from horoscopes I don't know anything about them.
over a year ago renrae said…
So, I'm interested. I could do book reviews, or people on Fanpop that write, I could review that kind of thing, too. I might try horoscopes, but it is likely I wouldn't be very good at it. I'd need to buff up on my astrology. I guess I am willing to do pretty much anything, but I may have trouble doing it on time, which is a major drawback. I'm usually pretty busy, but I'm sure I could sort out some stuff.
over a year ago tushtush said…
Ooh, can't wait to get this started!
Please can I do horoscopes? I did them when I was eight for my primary school magazine. :D Can I also do something like music reviews? Like, finding up and coming artists and reviewing them. :D
over a year ago laureng114 said…
I will do anything. I know that's VERY broad but I am willing to fill in anywhere that needs to be filled. I'm a stickler for grammar and spelling(Though I usually find that I mess up more than I should) so I would be willing to edit.
over a year ago delta117 said…
world news wars forgien stuff
over a year ago genyva said…
big smile
Well I am really good with Books I can do reviews and recommendation. I also do well with anything Twilight[The book not the actors], but mostly I read Fanpoppers articles/stories [I love to read]. so I will be all over things like that.
i watch a lot of tv everything on the CW and USA i know alot about. so i can do stuff on those channels if thats any help.
I also would love to do an advice column . Or a Fanpopper of the month kinda thing.
If thats all i cant really edit very well but I can try my best.
Okay I have narrowed :)

I can cover baseball, editing, any current events and anything else that needs to be covered so I guess I can be the go to person for extra articles that need to be done.

I know that's a lot but I don't want to limit myself I guess.
Are those okay?
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
Interests:
Pop culture
Television
Film
Music
AFL (Australian Football League. I'm betting none of you have even heard of AFL before, so it would be good for you guys to... um... learn?)
over a year ago Sweet_Pants said…
hmmm
Um, I'm probably, maybe, going to be a free-lancer. Because, I could bearly finish a class-project at school:/.

I really like writing though. Poetry? Is there a spot on the FNT for poetry?! :)
laugh
Hah! Cinders, thanks for writing anything. Hahaha.
over a year ago lloyd2 said…
intrests:
Manga
Anime
Extreme Sports (The X-games is coming up)
The Dragonball Z universe
over a year ago ritergrl said…
I'm intrested!
Main stuff would be music - new released, music news, album reviews, all that jazz.
I'd also do TV & movie reviews & I can do politics, mainly British though.

Hope this isn't too late.
over a year ago KrystenPeres said…
krystenperes:

Intrests: pop culture/ TWILIGHT/ hollywood buzz/ advice giving/ music/art/ photoshoping/ make-up
over a year ago xxXsk8trXxx said…
Sounds interesting!

Intesests: Rock,music festivals/tours,bands/singers,clothing,ste­ryo­typ­es,­new­s articles involving bands.artists,manga,graphic novels,art
over a year ago jedigal1990 said…
cool
hey this sounds really interesting
my interests are mainly television cartoons, moveies , and characters i'm also interested in finding spots that are just starting out or are small and need content or fans/ starwars and xmen are my favs thought i would throw that out there
over a year ago harold said…
I'm guessing studies have interfered with this during the fall?
Yea, I have the same feeling. Is the paper still a plan?
over a year ago ashesandwine said…
kiss
This is very cool!
Is it still open? I would be very happy to participate!
I actually like writing about anything! But smoore23 subject on Features sounds interesting! Also, anything related to books and music is cool:)