Huddy Do you get the cameron/House thing?

busanbusan posted on Jul 22, 2007 at 12:41PM
I don´t really get this House/Cameron thing, i mean, I think that Cameron still loves House, but House does not like Cameron. He has already cleared that many times. For example:
House: "They like you. Everyone likes you."
Cameron: "Do you? I have to know."
House: "No."

Then the House/Cuddy thing i understand. There is so much tension between them, and House sort of like her, other wise he haven´t said this:
Cuddy:"I'm here, if you need me."
House:"I need you."
And then he also grabs her ass.

House thinks Cameron looks good, but nothing more than that.

Huddy 33 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago roundabouts said…
yep i dont get it at all either these cameron/house lovers are all delusional. huddy forever!
over a year ago Lady_Hamilton said…
The only logical explanation for the House and Cameron ship is because the majority of the woman watching the show are around her age. Cameron serves as the vessel for many of them to carry out their fantasies because she's close in their age and affections for House.

But we all know (i think even they know deep down inside) that its Cuddy/House or nothing.

over a year ago House24Fan said…
I used to be a Hameron shipper(hides as Huddies gather rocks to potentially hurl at me)so to an extent I get where they're coming from I suppose.However,if any of them really look at the show and have half a brain,they have to admit that Huddy is the Ultimate Pairing.Hameron is all about a girl with a crush who thinks she gets House and who he is but for the most part doesn't by a long shot.And what's worse,even though he's shown MANY times that he is NOT interested,persists in trying to force herself on him.I really hope they've ended the Hameron idea for future story arcs.They just leave her with Chase or some other guy.
over a year ago tubby2002 said…
I am a Hameron fan, I don't think they are going to get together and I don't see it happening but it is still something that I would like to see. I like Huddy too, probably becasue that is a possible pairing.
I don't get what Lady_Hamilton was saying about the people who ship Hameron are mostly women around her age. It may be true but I don't get how that matters what couple they like (I don't know, it may just be me)...
I hope season 5 brings some love for house (whether it be with Cuddy, Cameron, or someone else).
over a year ago babybell said…
its going ot be cuddy.... hameron is dramatic, but it wouldnt work, and huddy is just perfect...
over a year ago hmd216 said…
cameron just had a crush on house in season 1, and he clearly showed he wasn't interested. the few times he might have shown anything in return (like when she kissed him), it's just because he's a guy and he's not gonna complain that a girl is into him.

the only one he's actually into is cuddy =)
over a year ago oldmovie said…
I get the Hameron relationship, I know sacrilige, but I honestly do.

Unlike the Huddy relationship, the Hameron relationship is about quiet understanding and distant longing, you could argue on both parts. Although Hameron is mainly about a young woman who gets a crush on her superior, kind of like a schoolgirl crush on a teacher, it does have a deeper level to it. Even though i do not like this quality, Cameron always fights for House when people like Cuddy and Wilson scheme against him to 'help' him, she constantly thinks of what is right for him and therefore has a quiet understanding of him. Anyone who likes angst will love the Hameron ship because it very much defines 'you can't always get what you want' because House will/ or has not ever shown interest in Cameron. She pines after him only to be shut down.

There is only one part of Hameron I don't understand. A lot of Hameron fans seem to claim that Cameron and House are similar in their struggles and they are 'wounded hearts' as one website puts it, but i don't completely agree. If Cameron is similar to anyone in her misery it is Wilson and not House. House's misery has to do with his own personal loathing of himself while Cameron's is to do with always wanting what she can't have, more like Wilson.
Anyways I think I get the Hameron ship because I used to ship it season 1, lol then I saw the errors of my ways.
ye - hameron in season one, hacey in season two... HUDDY $ EVER MORE!
over a year ago pumpkinpie99 said…
i think the hameron fans only like the idea because she's stunning (not as stunning as cuddy in my opinion) and they think that house would be more attracted to that kind of thing.
But cuddy can take houses crap, and throw it right back at him cameron couldn't stand being hurt. cuddy can take it
another thought from my small brain was that if house and cameron got together it is like the same ages as chase and huddy getting together and for some reaason that creeps me out....
over a year ago busanbusan said…
lol the Hamerons wants May/October! Hell that's ain't gonna happen because May was long time ago ;) In 2 months we have October! LOL xD No but October/October is the thing that's gonna happen. Totally.
over a year ago Cuddles said…
I was never a Hameron shipper and it's my least favorite pairing (no offence). I agree with you it's like a school girl who has a crush on her teacher. Maybe House did show something like interest but in my opinion he was just flattered, Cameron is almost 20 years younger than him and she is pretty...which man wouldn't be flattered if something like this happend to him? xD.
I don't want to offend any of the Hameron shippers...it's just my opinion and I'm biased because I'm totally Huddy.
I hope Cameron will find another guy..Chase for example...I really like Chameron.
YEs totally
over a year ago rosehustle1 said…
I think people liked Hameron because it brought out a sweeter side to House. She bought him an
x-mas gift and he bought her one in return. He told her he was proud of her when she helped the guy die. He was there for her when she was thinking of about her dead husband and crying. But I always liked Huddy most of all because it seemed more on an even ground to me. Cuddy is within his age range, accomplished, has a history with him, and doesn't try to make him something he is not. Just as he doesn't try to make her something she is not. He understands that she gets too emotionally involved and she gets that he tries everything in his power not to get emotionally involved because of all his past betrayals. They know how to be there for each other and how to push the other. Plus the sexual tension between them is priceless.
^ i completly agree!!!
in response 2 busanbusan's comment can u plz explain the whole may/october and october.october thing 2 me im not very dialed in lol i seem 2 remember a mention of october/october on the show no idea when but id love 2 know! lol
over a year ago Shikabane-Mai said…
^ At the end of Act Your Age, Cuddy has this conversation with House about the patient & his girlfriend:

CUDDY: I don't get the whole May - December thing.
HOUSE: Give me a break, it's May - October at worst.
CUDDY: Well why can't it be October - October?

May-October refers to romantic relationships in which one of them (usually the male) is significantly older than the other (usually the female). This can be seen in the House/Cameron relationship (which busanbusan was referring to) because House is almost 50, whereas Cameron is just 28-30 years old.

October-October refers to romantic relationships in which the two counterparts are about the same age. This can be seen with the House/Cuddy relationships because they're about the same age.
over a year ago salemslot said…
I just can't understand the Hameron relationship!Like everyone above,this relationship is completely juvenile.There have been other May/October relationships(Jane Eure-Mr Rochester,Phantom of the Opera-Christine,)which are mature and they have a common point:RECIPROCATING FEELINGS.House is not interested in Cameron because she's too easy,he wants a challenge,that's why he's attracted to women like Cuddy,Stacy and the dwarf in Merry Little Christmas.Hameron does not bring out a sweeter side of House,but a mazochist side of Cameron!(you can't call House sweet)
I can't either understand people who are both HUDDY and HAMERON.They contradict each other!It's like being Real Madrid and Barcelona together(BARCHA FOREVER!!!).Unless they just like ships...
They are having a party against us... and some of th things there saying must mean either 1) they cant actually see, 2) .... yeh there isn't really much of another option....
Take a look and shake with anger ( or read it and weep your choice, but i doubt we will be doing much weeping, we have stuff to celebrate and they dont really)
Hahaha,babybell!Their argument that Hameron will prevail over Huddy because Hameron is cute just made my day!Cuteness VS HOTNESS,aaahhh,so hard choice!I'm tormented!Don't know what to pick!
loool hahahaha
^^^^ oooo i see thanx SM i get it now!!!
omg what did u guys think when u found out that wameron mite be happening? i wonder what the hameron fans thought hahaha i was so happy when i found out lol
over a year ago rosehustle1 said…
Well, Salemslot, I think that everyone here is just explaining why there are Hameron fans, it doesn't necessarily mean that they themselves were fans of the ship. I can see why people like Wameron, Hameron, Chameron, Foreteen, and Thouse, but that doesn't mean that I ship these couples. I'm sure Hameron fans wonder why we ship Huddy. They probably think that we're juvenile for liking this ship but that is merely their opinion not fact. I think we should just chill and respect that different fans have different favorites when it comes to the show. You don't have to agree with their choice but you don't have to talk down to them about it either.
I am relaxed!I'm not accusing anyone of their ship-option.This is merely a conversation.I'm only saying that I've never come to terms with why soo many people ship Hameron and Huddy together,it just isn't logical.The two ships are completely different in character.We live in a free country and different opinions are always respected.
And just to clear the air,I've NEVER gone in the HAMERON spot,starting to insult the fans.I think I can insult HAMERON as much as I like in here,in the House MD no,but NEVER the fans.And let's be honest,they're not trying to keep down the tones in their spot.There is a difference between irony and an insult...
last edited over a year ago
happy thoughts people happy thoughts lol
yer i heard that the hameron fans aren't bein so nice about us on their site, i don't care, cause its theirs, but what reli bugs me, is when they then come onto the house md spot and start telling us to stop insulting them i mean come on... bit hypocritical eh?
meh dnt care what the hameron fans think, they are entitled to their own opinion as much as we are ours! sooo..... who loves HUDDY????????? cnt wait till season 5!!!!!!!!
hehe, apparently DS doesnt get the hameron thing either lol
over a year ago Cuddles said…
Haha, Babybell that was good...and I agree with you.
I was told that DS said that he had abandoned the plan of Hameron...and it makes me really happy, especially after the spoilers last night.
*dances*
over a year ago oldmovie said…
I completely agree pumpkinpie99, they're acting like complete hypocrites. But we will be the bigger shipping community and quietly respect their opinion making us better people lol.

Even this forum discussion on Hameron, look at it, its a discussion. Its not trashing Hameron in the slightest, well most of it anyway lol, we are actually having a discussion about what Hameron is. If you want to discuss a ship you dislike this is the way to do it, not with a anti-huddy party or a anti-chameron party. It doesn't matter if its on their spot, it is still immature and frankly dissapointing on the Hamerons fans' side.

Ok I'm done with my rant, *wishes she could post it in the House MD spot*
i know! we hardly ever trash hameron and even if we do, we do it on our own spot!!!! but they have that anti-huddy thread going on now i thought that was just mean!! we'd never do anything like that
They are just jealous cause d.s ships huddy now lol glad he finally saw sense
the hameron fans reli should grow up and stop being so spiteful, !!!!!

i enjoyed ur rant old movie lol i completly agree with u!!!
woww!! in this forum people call me babybell *big gasp* you guys must have barely known me *bigger gasp* i admitted to hameron being dramatic *biggest gasp* i wasn't tactful at all!!! *grin* yeh thats sounds like me...
over a year ago cuddy-me-up said…
no offence to people out there but there is something about cameron that i have actually always been annoyed with...if house gets with cameron i think chase should get with cuddy this would give both cuddy and house some younger flings..or thirteen and cuddy...what ever blows ur skirt up... i think if they take a break from huddy it should go like that so that they realize they totally want eachother
over a year ago Verdent3 said…
I became aware of this show recently and I just don't know how they cant see the chemistry between House and Cuddy. Now I think one of the first episodes I can recall watching had the Hameron kiss, but I could still sense a stronger bond between House and Cuddy even though the episodes I first watched were hinting at a possible hameron connection. But the whole hameron thing just didn't feel right to me for many reasons already covered. I would see Cameron pursuing House and House trying to stop it. That scene when they went to dinner was priceless. There were moments of sweetness but then of course he would like Cameron, shes pretty but not compelling enough for him. House finds Cuddy really interesting and always has. Even Stacy said something about it once.

By the way can someone please help me? I haven't seen all the episodes and theres this clip were Cuddy is hurrying to the elevator and House comes out of his office watching her leave. House seems confused and Cuddy seems embarrassed. What episode is that? Thanks
over a year ago kellinator said…
I agree with you Verdent, I honestly don't understand how people can be blind to the Huddy chemistry, I mean even David Shore said that no matter what House and Cuddy are talking about in a scene, there is a sexuality to it. And Cuddy really is an enigma to House, he has known her half his life and still can;t figure her out, I don't think he ever will.

And that scene you are talking about is from "Living the Dream," (Season 4) right after Cuddy tells House that his diagnosis was wrong, and she is rushing to check on the patient.
theres a similar scene in let them eat cake as well. thast season 5 episode 10.
over a year ago pure_rebellion said…
and then he calls her on the phone
muahahhahahahh
I completly forgot what I was going to say
meh