dr. house Just a rant. If you'd like to read.

livethislifeup posted on Nov 29, 2009 at 04:45AM
The very reason I go on hiatuses is because of this article:
link is why people drift away from the fandom. The article? No. Just the comments left.
THE DEBATES ARE P-A-T-H-E-T-I-C.
I mean no harm for fellow Housians here on fanpop, sometimes were bad but not this bad. It's outrageous how much effort they put in to prove a point. I read through the comments, and I felt--disappointed at the arguments thrown out there.
I don't know if it's annoyance and anger taking over me to write this thread, but I don't think I want to say anymore. The following, is pretty much my opinion of it all, towards recent events, them, the general fandom. Not meant to offend. Extreme ranting about to take place. (if not already taken.)

"Just wow.

First off, I shake my head at those coming back here debating with each other, all strangers you’ve never even met.

Secondly, if you hate/don’t watch the show, why waste your time here? You claim to look for hope or keep updated with the show, but it seems you want to start a riot instead (which you already have in the past few pages. yes, i’ve read opinions, and the arguments are pathetic.)

Third, I feel bad for Ausiello who has to deal with this crap any time he posts something here. This is a privilege, you guys don’t have to see and read the interviews he gives you and it’s sad you take advantage of it, by bashing or “forcing your opinion” along the page. This isn’t a forum or discussion board. It’s an article. You read, you leave. If I was in his position I wouldn’t post anything anymore.

Lastly, about the show and the writers? They don’t give a hoot about your individual opinions. They generalize everything they write and every decision they make. They appeal to the general audience, and do not focus on pleasing your every whim. So for huddies who are hating on the writers, shame on you. Same goes for hamerons. The shows central focus doesn’t dwell on the couples. So if something doesn’t go right for you, just shut up. For those complaining about the downfall of the show, who are you. If you were a true fan, you would trust the writers. I’m not surprised at the storylines they’re going with because it’s all part of a little thing called CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. They’ve done it with every show and they always will. CD effects the show greatly because it changes to mood and the feel and how the episode works out, but that’s how it goes. Honestly, they’re doing really good with the CD. They’re trying to balance things out, because the sole medical case thing, ended three years ago. They’ve been playing with House, and discovering his character which is really something that has been nice to unfold, and even more to come. But they’re trying to find a balance between everything based on what their plans are and what they want for the show.

As for JMo? It’s sad that she left, but there’s nothing you can do. And for those saying she’s been treated like crap, how would you know? Because she doesn’t get screen time, it means she’s been thrown down the hole? The only reason why her and JS weren’t seen on the screen was because they had no solid plots for them then. Plus, they had three years worth before they took the back seat, and it was time for the newbies to have their turn. How is that unfair? It’s not abandoning them. Yeah foreman came along all the way but it’s because again, they had plots for him and he’s been on the team naturally since day one. So lay off the writers for her too.

And for Lisa? Since when did discussing sex casually generalize you as a whore? The reason why sex is brought up so much is because of Ausiello. He’s the one asking her the questions, and she gives off answers that is meant to entertain. If the news proclaimed her having sex with six different celebs in one week then yeah, she’s a whore, but discussing sexual comments and remarks is part of being american people. it isn’t a new concept. Sex stuff is plastered everywhere. Lisa is just one of those open minded people who can talk comfortably about sex.

So. What have we learned kiddies?
Get over yourselves, use your time better than to debate about who’s right and wrong. This is one of the main reasons why I’ve drifted from the fandom.

Great article Ausiello. Another job well done. :)"

By the way, happy holidays guys.

dr. house 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago pure_rebellion said…
heart
OH God don't even get me started on this crap I was SO ANGRY when i read those comments i neatry threw my Laptop, im so glad somebody agrees with me.

' So for huddies who are hating on the writers, shame on you. Same goes for hamerons. The shows central focus doesn’t dwell on the couples. So if something doesn’t go right for you, just shut up.'

I can honestly I agree with EVERYTHING you've said, I wish people trusted TPTB a little more, I mean they've kept us hooked for 5 seasons shocking us every step of the way, as if they'd suddenly stop now. YOU ROCK AND ARE GETTING MAJORLY PROPPED BY ME. Happy Holiday ;-)
over a year ago midnyte007 said…
Amen to that LTLU. I totally agree with you. I never bother reading the comments on any Ausiello spoilers and the comments posted in response to that interview is the precise reason why.
over a year ago oldmovie said…
angry
I have stopped reading comments on any sort of article that is posted here (or anywhere else for that matter) because of the horrible things people say...without any sort of evidence or justification for what they're saying.

I completely agree with you, especially on the Lisa and Jennifer thing. I HATE when people make assumptions about what is going on behind set. The only reason people truly give a damn about what Jennifer went through is because Cameron has left the show, I can bet about half of those people complaining about Jennifer's treatment won't even bother to follow up with Jennifer's career afterwards.

For me its the LE bashing that's the worst. Its absolutely appalling at times what people say about her:
1) I've seen antisemtic comments directed at interviews with her
2) I've seen people throwing out accusations that Lisa is trying to steal Hugh from his family......
3) I've seen accusations that she's somehow brainwashed David Shore and Katie Jacobs into going with the Huddy storyline (SERIOUSLY WTF)
4) I've seen comments made about how she's a slut by the way she dresses (which I think she dresses quite well)

And a whole host of other nasty and disgusting comments. It really appalls me.....that people can be so sucked up into shipping, because yes that is truly what its coming down to, that they insult and degrade an actress who only plays a part on a tv show.............people are freaks......

But yeah, I completely agree lol.
over a year ago TheHiddenCane said…
rainy
I've refrained from reading comments on Ausiello's corner of the web for all these reasons. People project their feelings onto the characters and actors no matter what and that's how they grow to like some and not like others and get sucked in to shows... that's not necessarily
the problem. With some very annoying brand of people, however, this for some absolutely despicable reason means that if they feel angry about Cameron leaving, JM has been thrown out by the ever evil powers that be because they felt like it and it suddenly means that they never cared about JM and hate her... which is absolutely not true. She's an actress, they are writers and if they write a plot that involves the actress leaving then JM is enough of an actress, (ANY actress should be) to leave without taking it personal or kicking up a fuss and the writers are miles above connecting their plots to their preferences when it comes to the actors! Show business is still business, it's a lot less dramatic than people seem to think. Boss asks, employee does.

If they feel Lisa shouldn't act toward Hugh the way she does then she's suddenly this desperate, man-hungry slut... WTF? Besides, Hugh's brain always seems to go missing when people start assuming things like that, I mean come on. The man has integrity and loves his family to bits... how does he suddenly become this helpless little lamb that's going to surrender himself to the evil Lisa? He's not an idiot, he's a massively intelligent man! And Lisa is an intelligent woman with integrity as well! She has better things to do... I think things like that sell both Lisa AND Hugh short. Fantastically short.

I'll admit not being a fan of the Huddy but House hallucinated having sex with Cuddy and there are thus issues there that MUST be talked over for the sake of character development...

no one's been brainwashed there. The person who said that should really think about the amount of leverage the actors actually have. They get to change single sentences in the scripts only sporadically and sometimes manage to get an extra poster added to the décor (RSL did)... they say their lines, get to change small things if they absolutely have to but they have absolutely no power over the grand scheme of things. Hugh might have a little bit of influence there because he's a producer but his influence only covers promotional affairs that don't affect the course of the show.

I guess what I mean to say is that some people project their feelings on a TV show and then suddenly feel that it's their show and it can only serve their needs and otherwise they throw these little hissy fits and go pout somewhere and everyone's just stupid and the whole thing was made to spite them... and that's why I said it's another brand of people: those that revert to a toddler like state every time something they don't like happens.

And that'll keep happening for as long as the show runs.
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
Aw so you haven't read my article oldmovie? Or salemslot's? There are a few of us out there trying to fight for intelligence, but I think we are losing the battle right now. Currently in heated debate on an article in the Huddy spot, but somewhere along the way wires are getting crossed and people aren't actually listening to eachother, just shouting their opinions.

I'm having hugh trouble with the way in which Cuddy is being talked about. I haven't personally seen any of the stuff directed at Lisa Edelstein, but sadly it doesn't surprise me that people are that moronic that they would make up that kind of shit. And I pity those people. But the way Cuddy is being talked about at the moment is so clearly a symptom of the way society treats women and it breaks my heart that House MD fans are perpectuating it, especially since most of us here are women.

Here is my article about all this crap:
link

And here is salemslot's, which is the most intelligent article I have read in a while because I think there were some brain cells used when writing it:
link

So never fear! There are some of us out there trying to participate in the fandom a little more positively. I don't think we are out numbered, I think some of us have just given up and believe me I am very close to it. The only reason I'm hanging in there is because of the women's issues that are involved in this. But soon I will abandon Huddy fandom (not the ship, just the fandom) and celebrate Luddy fandom which at this point is infinitely wiser and more fun than Huddy fandom.
over a year ago oldmovie said…
^^ Well actually the Lisa hate isn't Huddy shippers lol (not on Fanpop but on places such as livejournal or just articles on the web)

Actually I've read your article, and lol of course I always agree with you, it was wonderful. I just finished salemslot's article which actually made me see Cuddy completely differently which was nice :)

Oh just for the record Missy I've already given up on the Huddy fandom (NEVER THE SHIP) and I've made a residence in the Cuddy spot, a home away from home, because my Cuddy fangirl heart can't take anymore hate. At this point I'm not sure if I'll ever go back to the Huddy spot, I'm more than tired of the bullshit that goes on there.

So the moral of this comment?

GO TO THE CUDDY SPOT AND SPREAD THE LOVE!!!!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Belle0308 said…
This is the reason I go on and on about how much I love Huddy and to have Hope, because I need to not have to deal with this and no one else does either.
over a year ago HuddyJoy0524 said…
surprise
Wow. You all have just proved to be how ridiculous people are. Unbelievable. Thank you all for holding onto your brains and common sense. I understand the rant. I too have been being careful about what I read and respond to.

We shouldn't have to worry about our heads getting ripped off by rabid shippers.