dr. house Pretty freaking disappointed!!

HouseAddict87 posted on Nov 24, 2009 at 07:46AM
I'm not liking the direction the show is going the whole Luddy relationship makes me sick and I am turning to Huddy fan fic to get through the show. It is way more entertaining and House and Cuddy are together in the fics. Sorry if this pisses people off but the show is just getting to be a disappointment.

dr. house 19 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago HaleyDewit said…
Well,they've aired five seasons now and they still didn't get together,even though it's so obvious they're falling for each other.It's getting lame.
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
smile
For you maybe, other people love Luddy and are enjoying the show. Hate to say it, but you can't always get what you want.
over a year ago Jessicatt said…
I'm with you, HouseAddict87 and HaleyDewit. I'm getting really fed up with the Luddy arc. I miss the witty banter between House and Cuddy.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Psycholostician said…
Here is what happened:

People liked House and Cuddy's relationship.

For some reason, they were willing to trade the certainty of liking the way it is now, for the uncertainty of liking them together.

Sadly, TPTB succumbed to the pressure, and people are realizing Huddy won't work.

Misanthrope was close, you can get what you want, but that doesn't mean you will like it.

EDIT: Misanthrope, are you really a Luddy and a Fourteen? You certainly aren't rolling with the punches.
over a year ago misanthrope86 said…
Yep, I love Foreteen. And Luddy. And Huddy. And Hameron. And pretty much all the rest of the ships in the show.
over a year ago eugee__93 said…
Sorry but I don´t agree with you. The whole House-Cuddy situation was pissing me off, specially in season five. Lucas is a great character and Cuddy is happy with him and that´s a fact.
over a year ago Steve_McQueen64 said…
tongue
I love Huddy, but I must admit the waiting is getting to me, I'm not sure how much more of this untill I turn Luddy... but then again just as I do he and Cuddy will probably break up... so I'll stick with Huddy and hope for the best :)
I really wanted Luddy to happen in season 5. Then Lucas disappeared and I gave up hope. But low and behold, they actually made it happen. But it isn't as good as I thought it was going to be or as good as it really should be.

Lucas turned into a different character. He was a little off in season 5 and solid friend/Rival to House (a bit like Wilson); then in season 6, he turns into a responsible ass, in essence. He cares for Rachel and is apparently a dependable guy, however he also does stupid things like taking Cuddy's nanny's phone (I still have no clue why) and tripping House after ruining his apartement and injuring his face.

Where was the flighty, sporiadic, stupid, yet smart PI we saw in season 5?

over a year ago RP_Puzzle said…
I agree Psycholostician Luddy would be fine if he didn't turn into a douche. I wish House would've smacked him after he got tripped. Tripping him was seriously uncalled for after ruining an HDTV!

Normally I don't mind pairings like missy...Wameron, Hameron, Chameron, Foreteen, Hacy, Wuddy, Huddy, etc. doesn't matter to me. But Lucas is being a possessive butthole and I can't stand that, so it's hard to not want my preferred ship Huddy more than ever.

But missy's right, you can't always get what you want. Hello people that's the premise of the show! Also, I've yet to see a television series that keeps the quality of its episodes all the way to the end.
over a year ago wendus92 said…
We just have to wait, that's all. I pretty much don't care about the whole Luddy thing now that DS confirmed Huddy will "eventually" happen... ;)
over a year ago Bery said…
Too much shipping between the main characters sucks in a show like this, I'm glad they're staying away from Huddy and Foreteen, taking it slow, even if it wont last.
That being said, I'm not caring much for the Luddy relationship, but I'm not sure if that's Cuddy's fault or TPTB's fault for making Luddy not enjoyable under the pressure of the huddy fans.

You guys do know that whatever happens in between House is gonna end up alone, right? He cant last long in any romantic relationship, as soon as Huddy happens for real it will only be a matter of time before it ends.
I really hope your right.

That's how it should happen anyways.

If they end the show on a Huddy wedding or even a Huddy moment, it will doubtlessly be the WORST moment of my life.

Not entirely true, but certainly the worst possible thing that could ever be seen on my television.

And yeah, I saw Hannibal. House ending on a Huddy moment is easily 4 times scarier than the entire Hannibal quintet. Meaning it is 20 times scarier than any single Hannibal movie.

I was in the fetal position for 2 hours after 'Hannibal Rising' ended.

So unless the House writers want to put me in the fetal position for FORTY hours, I suggest they find a way to end the show right.
over a year ago HouseAddict87 said…
LMAO!! Psycholostician you have me cracking up!! I love the Hannibal movies!!
over a year ago Bery said…
"If they end the show on a Huddy wedding or even a Huddy moment, it will doubtlessly be the WORST moment of my life"

LOL! Come on, give the show you love a little credit dude :P

I know that the Huddy writing and storyline has not been this show's best work (trying to not bash here), but I'm absolutely certain that the producers of this show know better than that.

I'm willing to bet pretty much anything that House is gonna end up miserable and alone by the end of the show, he'll most likely still have Wilson's friendship, but definitely no romance for him.
over a year ago Maysie17 said…
smile
love huddy wish they wud get together =)
over a year ago RP_Puzzle said…
Bery it's not the Huddy, I would be fine with Luddy if they didn't turn Lucas into a jerk. I really liked him in the beginning of season 5, but now he's just the new manipulative bitch.

I dunno though he's changed since he's been off vicodin, and therefore while Sherlock ends up alone, he might not. The show is diverting way too much from its inspiration, I mean, seasons ago Wilson should not have been able to know where House is to send that guy who guilted him out of 5,000 bucks.

Also House should have a more menacing rival than a rival in romance like Lucas; someone like Tritter or Vogler is long overdue. I'm personally hoping that he runs into a doctor almost equal in brilliance to him and so he has to out-diagnose him/her. I'm hoping said doctor isn't *the rest of this sentence is a possible SPOILER* Wilson's ex wife.
over a year ago pietruszka said…
I loved Huddy but writers just went wrong in season 5: it should have been affair and sexual tension thing, like it always was, so dynamic of relationship wouldn't change so bad.
They changed both characters to fit them into romantic storyline, while none of them really fitted it, and everything went soap-opeary-lame.
I think they realized mistake in season 5 and turned Huddy out to hallucination so they can start over. Since then everything was fine, not counting this dance in Known Unknowns (lame fitting characters into romantic ship and screwing their stories, again), and Luddy healed Lisa Cuddy from horrible OOCness and balls losing.
So I'm going for it - I enjoy kickass Cuddy more than romantic relationship. Lucas isn't exactly the best choice, and something in last episode went wrong (he was OOC), but, still, I thought this relationship will really suck and it turned out that I love it.
over a year ago eugee__93 said…
"So unless the House writers want to put me in the fetal position for FORTY hours, I suggest they find a way to end the show right."

You made me laugh so hard xD and I totally agree with you. I would be in fetal position until I turn 18 (I am 16) if the writers make a huddy end.

House must end up alone or..... with Stacy...
over a year ago -rat said…
meh
The show House has never been famous for relationships and hook ups. It's just a nice "side-effect".

Of cause we all want Huddy to happen, cause they obviously have chemistry and a history of hook-ups, but I think we all shouldn't get too pissed, if it doesn't move the "right" direction.
In my opinion the Huddy scenes since the Luddy arc have become stronger. This arc shows us a lot about their [Huddy] feelings for each other. I mean, hey, even though Cuddy is in a relationship she hasn't been able yet to forget about House. Just take a look at 5 to 9. Her seeking his advice, her trusting him and the last scene said everything.

The writers still do a great job, cause they tell us so much about their characters. House is just a show to read between the lines and we should enjoy the few moments we have.