dr. house Cameron & House scene in Teamwork (SPOILERS FOR EP 6X08)

Bery posted on Nov 17, 2009 at 02:54PM
Here is the scene, in case you need to rewatch it:
link

What do you think of what Cameron said to House? Was she right? Was she wrong? How much did it affect House? Is it a clue of old House coming back?

Would love to read many opinions <3

(Credit for this image goes here link )
 Here is the scene, in case you need to rewatch it: http://www.fanpop.com/spots/house-md/videos/909134

dr. house 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Bery said…
I personally agree with what she said about House, not Chase.

What Chase did was clearly border line in terms of morality, but, just like Cameron said, motives do matter and I think his motive weren't bad and the guilt with which he has been living this last couple of episodes is proof of the humanity in him.

House, on the other hand, found out what Chase did and what was his reaction? "Better a murder than a misdiagnosis" (Not sure if it's exactly that phrasing).
House is not evil, in my opinion, but Cameron definitely has a point about his disregard for the human life, there is no way back for House in his cynical detatchment from morality and ethics.

This is the very first episode where it's crystal clear that old House is slowly making his way back :(
over a year ago rexie said…
i think that shes wrong about Chase, he at least thought he was doing the right thing to save people and the guilt he has now shows that hes not too far gone so to speak. he tried to seek moral advice (from the priest when he confessed) so i definitely think that was a bit of an emotional response from Cameron. which is fair enough in her situation. and i suppose in her strict moral compass way of viewing the world, she could never accept what he did as right.
though shes probably right about House (about him never appreciating human life, only the puzzle), however that is just the way he is. I doubt it was only his cynicism that made Chase act as he did.

I did really like what she said though. Just dont entirely agree with it. It was a good moment. Im sad shes gone though ):
^ Agree with everything you said, thanks a lot for sharing <3

I loved their last scene together btw, powerful and overwhelming.
over a year ago pietruszka said…
I agree with her... Not sure about Chase thing, but for sure about House thing. We seen the jerk he was in this episode, how he played with patient life to screw with a team. We've seen it before, too, but not so clearly. That was an amazing scene. Showed us how well she knows him.
Horrible thing was that in the next one House was with Wilson and told him about great score 3/4. Like it's truly no coming back for him...
over a year ago n4sthis said…
i believe he said "Better a misdiagnosis than a murder" essentially helping out Chase.

I dont think what Cameron said is true regarding House. House might not appear to care about his patients, but deep down there he does care. He's just manipulative in achieving his objectives.

when he said to Wilson about 3/4 thing, i think he just wants everyone to think he's still a jerk, but inside he definitely feels something about Cameron leaving.

I'm not sure about the old House coming back, although he did put himself out there and pretty much got rejected by Cuddy, so who knows...
^ No, it was definitely "Better a murder than a misdiagnosis".

House has cared about a few of his patients, but not for most of them, easy for him I'm sure since he refuses to meet them. He is obviously pro preserving life, because he doesn't believe in an after life, but usually I think he cares more about the games and puzzles.

None of these statements imply that he is completely devoid of feelings, he DEFINITELY cares about both Wilson and Cuddy, and I think he has always liked Cameron and of course feels something over her living his life forever, specially in such a grim manner.

But Cameron has a point, motives do matter for most people, and they find it important that other people care, even House himself with a few people. And House puts his utmost effort in the intent of not caring (refusing to meet patients and putting distance with others), so that he can keep treating these people like puzzles he has to solve.

I'm not sure that I believe in an universal and metaphysical ethics code, but I'm sure that my personal moral beliefs wouldn't be happy with House's approach on the matter, even if he does save lives every week, I don't like how devoid of humanity he is or has become.

But I've always had this opinion, way before this episode, this is why I like House but could never love him, even as a character on a TV show.
over a year ago Sansan_211 said…
meh
Cameron should have stayed