dr. house House Premiere

rosie77 posted on Sep 22, 2009 at 07:29AM
i just finished watching the first episode of the season and man was it good. it had a little of everything in it.humor, grief, comedy, romance and a little sex!!!!!!!
so what did everyone like about the first show?

dr. house 24 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago AreKay said…
I loved that we were shown a bit of the softer and more gentle side of House.
As I sat there watching the tears well up in his eyes, I realized that mine were spilling down my face.
Just when you think HOUSE can't get any better, it does!!!

over a year ago Miss_Cinic said…
that's true...

House could never let you down ^^

House was more human (as we partially saw in "both sides now") and he was simply GREAT!

I love season VI!!

I hope you guys could post for each episode the link to see it online...that's my only chance to see House in time

here in italy no one has seen more than episode 5X11 >:(
Did I miss something or did some of the scenes shown in the Season 6 promos not make it into the premier episode?
I don't remember seeing House throwing away something white while sitting on the bench in the yard and I don't remember seeing the orderlies carry him from the yard into the facility.
Were these scenes left on the cutting room floor or am I losing my mind as well?
over a year ago House-Is-Sexy said…
crying
We're still watching series 5 here in the uk, last episode is next week, what am I gonna do without House to watch!
over a year ago XXwhy_meXX said…
crying
I'm watching House right now, and hell! that is sooo good! I almost cried at the biggining when House was yelling for help and hitting the door, I felt for the first time, something for House.... Pitty....

did somebody else feel pitty for House or is it just me?
am I writing "Pitty" wrong?
over a year ago miss_orange said…
heart
well i felt pitty for House 2, But when I saw him talking to that doc like that, I felt another feeling for House.... like he's an ass....

but I Love him!
over a year ago rosie77 said…
cool
it's spelled pity. lol----i felt sorry for him too, but i think that this episode was about him learning that he is vulnerable, and he needed to face his own demons to be able to move on.
but i hope he doesn't change at all, i like him being an asshole, it's why i watch the show.
over a year ago grillows19 said…
big smile
In the clips about what this season is going to be about it didn't really look like he was going to change much. And it looked like we might get some more Huddy moments YAY!!
laugh
good i like him just the way he is, cranky with a little asshole on the side lol lol
over a year ago lovehugh said…
heart
AreKay said:
Did I miss something or did some of the scenes shown in the Season 6 promos not make it into the premier episode?
I don't remember seeing House throwing away something white while sitting on the bench in the yard and I don't remember seeing the orderlies carry him from the yard into the facility.
Were these scenes left on the cutting room floor or am I losing my mind as well?

I noticed these scenes missing too AreKay, and the one where doctor Beasley (lady doc )says " ooohh this is gonna be fun " so I would say yes some of it is on the cutting room floor ,(it was playing cards he was flicking btw)..... but having said that, ... this episode was .........NOTHING SHORT OF AWESOME ....... I loved it , its official.. Hugh Laurie is the best actor on tv or film at the moment BY FAR ...so many emotions can grip you whilst you are watching him , within minutes , you want to smack him and shake him , then kiss him and hold him , cry , laugh , cringe , swell with pride ,he is WONDERFUL , well done Hugh , you dont need an Emmy ...YOU have the gift !!!!!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx­xxx­xxx­xxx­x
 AreKay said: Did I miss something or did some of the scenes shown in the Season 6 promos not make it
over a year ago saturnine15 said…
smirk
I loved the episode but really, there is something fishy about it. Season five ended with hallucinations and I believe House's experience in the hospital is one as well. The characters in the hospital were human personifications of his own issues. Think about it. The head doctor (can't remember his name) was stubborn, brilliant, and had a dying father. House's roommate shared the desire to remain medication-free in the hopes of retaining his "genius". The roommate is also the relentless human representation of House's overactive mind. Annie, the speechless cello player inexplicably pulled away from all of her friends and relatives representing in an extreme way what House has done to himself. Freedom Master is an interesting character because like House, he believes he must perform amazing feats to feed a delusion that keeps the real world at bay. Both characters become devestated at failure. Just as the final episodes in season five left clues for the right side of the viewer's brains, episode one of season six does the same. Miss Germany brings House the first happiness he's allowed himself to have in the entire series. Fittingly, her wardrobe corresponds to her sunny demeanor standing out amidst a very drab ward. Also, their love affair starts as soon as it finishes and with an unusually clean break.I just feel that there is more to it than House gets commited, House takes meds, House goes back to the hospital wearing a smiley face teeshirt. I find the ending too miraculously loose-end-less to be only taken at face value-especially coming from the House writers.
Please don't read this as criticism. I watched it twice and loved it. I really did.
hmmm
WOW THAT'S ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW!!!!!!!
lovehugh,
Very glad to hear that I haven't COMPLETELY lost my mind. Thanks for the reply.
PS - The only way I've been able to (semi) get over my huge disappointment with the Emmys is to realize that compared to the other nominees, Hugh is so far above and beyond them that an Emmy just isn't good enough!

saturnine,
Okay, either your profession is in the emotional therapy field or you're one of the House writers. Extremely interesting insight and interpretation! Thanks for sharing!
wink
yay! thanks! I'm neither. I work retail! hah
over a year ago pure_rebellion said…
laugh
Oh Gosh I agree with AreKay one you saturine!!!!
Thats like....just WOW!!!!

And I too agree with you on the thing you said about the ending running almost too smoothly its seemed so un-house like. Although I did enjoy seeing his softer side like when he hugged Alvie my heart melted. I just am so out of it because of what you said its so true!!!!
over a year ago Huddyaddict12 said…
smile
Oh my goodness saturnine15, that’s some deep stuff! It does sound like it can actually happen, and it would definitely be interesting!. but because something like that happened at the end of S5, i doubt they would pull the same trick again. You had an excellent point though, i do believe that the writers could have made the characters like that on purposes. Just ya know, there not hallucinations.
cool
isn't that the best interpretation written, u go saturnine15
over a year ago MarneyM said…
smile
Two hours of Hugh. What a treat.
I still haven't seen it all yet.
over a year ago lovehugh said…
heart
Great synopsis saturnine15 very interesting and profound thinking , but I think I go with Huddyaddict12 on this one , I think its more likely that they chose those characters with those specific problems especially to highlight House's problems and his way of thinking and dealing with them , for instance , .......... he has several times said or suggested that however bad life feels it is always a better option than death ,(suicide girl )he had big problems loving HIS father from a very early age , but here was a man (Dr Nolan ) who loved his father unconditionally and had just his fathers number on his cell phone , Alvie Houses room mate , didnt want to take meds and thought he functioned better without them ,and about the third sentence he said to Alvie was , " nobody likes you " something House has always said about himself, lots and lots of other things were there to promote House's feelings or his outlook on life , but I think it was all very straight up front and real , no hallucinations or dreams , just very clever casting and exceptional writing to bring so much out of House and to let the audience learn so much about him , I have watched it 5 times already ..... and find something new each time I watch it ....last year everyone was complaining about other characters lives being highlighted on House ,and yet we knew little about him , this was a way of showing us many aspects of House's mind all in two joint episodes..Masterful .. just my opinion saturnine15 ...we obviously both watch with intent ha ha xxx
 Great synopsis saturnine15 very interesting and profound thinking , but I think I go with
cool
man, 5x really? lol....but hey i liked everything you had to say ,i am glad they focused solely on house for 2hrs, his character is so complex and he's such an ass but that's what i love about the show, i still think the rapping part was the funniest thing i have seen him do. and yes i know he wasn't rapping so much as filling in the blanks for alvie, but he did get into it at the end
over a year ago miss_orange said…
I just wanted to ask, if there is a new theme for the show? I mean, they didn't put the originak theme like they always do, and they showd the names of the actores when they were showing House's life there, with that song that i really liked.
is that an only time they do this?
or is it gonna be for ever?
deoa anybody understand what I'm saying?
big smile
Yeah I agree with the idea that they've already done hallucinations and probably wouldn't do it again. Sigh, if that is indeed the case and House really did have a genuine healing experience in the real world then I can be happy with that. Seeing him enjoy himself-specifically during that brief moment at the piano with Lydia (I believe that's her name) was fantastic.
On another note, Hugh Laurie is absolutely brilliant. I know everyone already feels this way but I just had to say it. He is a privilege to watch.
AND thankyou for all the feedback I really wanted to hear some counter arguments...
uh oh....new promo shows house holding a bottle of pills looking distraught again...hmmm
hmmm
somethings never change, how long was he in that place? maybe he won't take drugs, but with the pain in his leg that is not a given