dr. house The Story of How We Came To Be

babybell posted on Nov 06, 2008 at 09:33PM
right.. so i was talking about this with om, and she reckoned that maybe i should make a forum because she collapsed into laughter when i admitted how i became who i am as a House fan and a Huddy shipper.. so we can write are stories down here, and we can all laugh at each other :P

Okay so, about half way through season 3 my brother said oh yeh there's a show called House on the TV and it was funny. HE said watch it. I said no. HE and my mum bought the first season - and i maintained it was a waist of money, but i didn't want to be left out.. and my the end of the week i had not only watched all the episodes, memorized them, commandeered the box set ( which i moved to my room, and its still here to this very day, scratched because of over use) and we ordered season 2, and i watched that in much the same fashion. Way back when i thought Chase was super cute and i shipped hameron. i really did... but i have an excuse ( yes i feel i need an excuse,) i wanted everyone to through themselves at eahc other and would have shipped Hase if it meant i got to watch a kiss lol, and since i was 11, and foolish and naive, i decided that at that point the writers ship hameron so if i went along with that i'd get some action - that and i thought ( past tense ) that Love Hurts was well.. cute. In season 2 i shipped Hacy but then she left and i thought she was a bitch ( im in love with House, i can't blame him for anything XD) and i felt really really sorry for him when he was doing the migraine thing... then i started watching Season 3 at " Merry Little Christmas" and was an instant Chameron. i adored chameron. seriously. With Half wit i started shipping huddy cause of the ass grab, but i was in love with chameron and would look on youtube for any mention of them so i watched quarters of any episode that mentioned Tuesday wya before they showed the eps in the UK, and i almost cried when they broke up.. i remember having to stop all my friends on a sleep over and watch house and they all went "aaawwwwwwwwwww" at the end of the ep where they broke up :( i find that hilarious now but y'know. and in season 4 i became a huge huddy fan... and then near the end (i was on fnapop by that time) i became me xD

So what you should skim read from that is: babybell hameron sweet mistake hacy kiss hating stacy chameron aww huddy me. or something :P

dr. house 129 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 129

over a year ago oldmovie said…
Lol BB, its a great story isn't it everyone. I LOVE HOW SHE WAS A HAMERON!!!! Well I can't talk *coughs* here's my little story.

Anyways once upon a time my mom had found this medical mystery show that actually was a little different from the others shows in that it actually focused on the medicine. She kept watching it and eventually I found myself drawn to watching it with her, soon enough I was a bigger fan than she was. But to give this story a little background, I happen to be living in Britain and well, House was not on regular tv at that point but on a channel called Hallmark, which unfortunatly was playing season 2 when I began to seriously start to watch House. So of course I loved Hacy with a passion, seriously loved it, but at the same time a little bit of me loved the Huddy interactions and the Hameron interactions. Once Stacy had left I was sad because I had really hoped for them to get back together, but moved on quite quickly. By the end of watching season 2 I was a Huddy shipper, but had Hameron tendencies. Now when all of this was taking place, it was the summer before season 3 started and I was waiting patiently to know what had happened after House had been shot. Unfortunatly for me (well not really, its still House), the Hallmark channel began showing re-runs of season 1 but by the time I got them it was at the Vogler arc. Not realizing this was season 1 and not season 3 I became extremely confused. Now I feel like an idioit, how could I have not told this difference with Cuddy and Wilson's haircuts!!?? I was utterly confused as to why everyone was ignoring House getting shot. But anyways, since season 1 is soo very Hameron, and as I fall into every writer trap for a show, I was a Hameron shipper throughout season 1. It was only until re-watching season 2 with the repeats that I fell in love with Huddy and haven't stopped loving it since.

So that's my little story, now I watch it religiously and have converted a fair few of my friends, not to mention my mom and me still talk about it. She has uh *coughs* quite opinionated views on certain characters lol.
over a year ago babybell said…
dude i lve it how the fact tat i was a hameron is a mockery :p
over a year ago HuddyCrazy1331 said…
XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD Ok, so here's my story! XD:

Once upon a time, I was at my best friend's house. We got bored and decided to watch tv on her big screen in the basement. We flipped throught the channels and she found a show called Monk. We watched it and she told me about how Monk had OCD and I really did love the dude, but I felt bad because of how everyone treated him so then I wanted to give him a hug. XD Then a show called House came on and she told me a little about House and how he was a medical genius. I still remember what happened in this episode, although I didn't know what ep it was and I STILL don't know. XDDD It was the one with this girl who had a tick in her "special place" after having sex with her boyfriend and I remembered everyone's horrified expressions when the elevator doors opened and House was seen checking for something down there. XDDDDDDD Anyways, after that, I just went home the next day and I did not watch House since I forgot about it because of school and whatnot. Then, I moved. That week, I turned on the tv in my new room. Nothing was on, but something caught my eye. House was on. Remembering the name, I clicked the channel and started watching. The first words to grasp my attention: "Bring me the thong of Lisa Cuddy." My first thoughts: ROFLMAO!! Then: Who is this "Lisa Cuddy"? Is she his girlfriend? Why would he ask these people to bring him her thong? I watched the ep, laughing at his "OH. MY. GOD." and the team's attempts to get her thong, but I didn't really get to focus on the Huddy. I continued tuning in, not knowing there was a writer's strike at the time. Eventually, once again, I became busy with something else: my brother had been diagnosed with T-Cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. It was not until a few weeks later that I once again had my attention caught by House being on. I watched it and found the episode to be so passionate! Who wouldnt? Unknown to me, I was watching the Season 4 finale, Wilson's Heart. I became utterly captivated and speechless at the quality and the way it was written. What REALLY got my attention was a certain CPR scene and another certain hand-holding scene. After the ep aired, I saw the Season 5 promo, and ran to my computer to check out EVERYTHING that I had missed. I figured out I was watching Season 4. I started watching all the eps I could cram into my head, but not before reading character profiles. I fell in love with Greg House and Lisa Cuddy, but not yet as a couple- although the feeling was deff there. Lisa Cuddy was tough, kick-ass and just made of awesome. I loved her (still do!)! I watched some eps, and looked up couples. I found "Huddy". I saw a list of "Huddy Episodes" on a site called "Fanpop" and I searched for those episodes. I watched them, and from that moment on I knew that I was addicted to Huddy. Eventually my fandom grew so much that I joined Fanpop and here I am!! XDD So, probably the main reason I have never shipped any other ships that involve House besides Huddy is because I watched one Season 3 ep but didn't really remember it and the Season 4 eps that I DID remember were packed with Huddy.
So there you are! That's my story! XDDDDDDDDD
over a year ago kellinator said…
LOL I love your stories!!
I started watching House on a school bus. We went on a fieldtrip and someone brought the season 1 dvd, and we started watching right at the middle of the Vogler arc so I was so confused. I was sorta half paying attention when Babies and Bathwater was on I did not notice that House was dreaming when he told Vogler he was gonna die at the beginning of the ep, so when Vogler was gone I thought it was because he died lol. Anyway I really started paying attention in Kids and I fell in love with the show. I thought Hameron was interesting but it kinda grossed me out, so I never shipped them. This all happened right after the season 2 finale had ended so during that summer I watched season 2 reruns and also bought the season 1 dvds. During the 1st part of season 2 I loved Hacy and was really depressed when she left and for a while I hoped she would return. But then around "forever" I fell in love with Huddy and watched season 1 again, which made me love Huddy even more because I noticed the subtext. So I was a die hard Huddy by the time season 3 came around and now have a very unhealthy obsession with this show.
over a year ago heeeresjoyce said…
As for how I started watching, it was my older sister that got me into it. She had been watching it every week by herself, until she saw No Reason and wanted my mom to watch it, too. I happened to walk in during the middle of it, get interested, and then really, really confused. :p Once Meaning finally aired, I got sorta of got into the show. However, I didn't really start watching it weekly until about Finding Judas, and after season 3 ended, I convinced my family to rent the first three seasons. As for shipping Hameron, I never did, since I'd fallen in love with Huddy during Half-Wit (which I saw before season 1). I did kinda enjoy House and Cam's moments, and even kind of shipped Hacy during season 2, though. :p
last edited over a year ago
I'm the only one who was only Huddy the whole time XDDDDDD I got exposed to the sexual radiation that is Huddy before any other ship XDDDDDDDDDDDD
LOL SRSLY!!! But I still kinda shipped Huddy even when I loved Hacy because of Humpty Dumpty, so I half shipped Huddy from the beginning i guess lol.
I never even knew of other ships until Fanpop. It's because I had never seen the kisses with the other pplz and also because I saw no indication that anything had happened between them, except with Hacy because it was mentioned, but I didn't see the kiss until after that. Either way, if it weren't for me knowing that there were kisses I would have never noticed cuz I never saw (and I still don't see) the chemistry between House with anyone else but Cuddy.
over a year ago pollyloveshouse said…
So I can remember that I was driving someplace, and I was talking with my godmother aboot American TV shows, not that I really watched any tv then, I was like 12. We were talking aboot House and Shark, then when we went to the US the next week she was in the shower and this show came on and she came out just as the credits rolled and I was all like "wow that was such a good show!" and she told me it was House. The next week I happened to turn it on again, and loved it again.
Then i went back to England and forgot aboot it. Then I got sky+ and wanted to record something, and saw House was on. So I recorded it, and the 10 or so eps after that by mistake, and went to watch them one day with some friends, and none of us could stop watching them! We had to be dragged away form the tv!! Unfortunately they have since lost interest, but clearly I still love it!! No idea what seasons or eps I was watching though lol

As for shipping, the only House involved ship I have ever been really into is Hacy!! And I loved Chameron before they cut them out in S4!
*feels so lonelyyyy so very loooonelyyyyy* XDDDDDDDDDDDDD Nice story though daddy!!! :DDD
Lol why do you feel lonely HC??
over a year ago cocacola said…
When you guys read mine you'll all probably think I'm an idiot.

Well I guess I would have to start with my family's 24 phase, which started with my mom buying the DVDs from Blockbuster for a while. Back then I didn't really like those kinds of tv shows. (i liked pokemon and animal planet)but then after awhile they finished with 24 and started getting the House DVDs. Like I said previously, I didn't like these kind of tv shows back then and basically I would just read Harry Potter for a while but then, I think I listened to a couple of House's funny lines and I would start watching a couple scenes at a time. Then the first episode that I actually had a somewhat good idea of what the plot in the episode actually was Three Stories. However I think I only saw the later half of the episode and of course I had mass mass confusion. For example I thought Stacy and Cuddy were the same person. Anyway I really liked that and then I think I saw Honeymoon all the way through except maybe not paying attention the whole way through. (I still thought Stacy and Cuddy were the same person) And then season 3 aired and I started watching that. (only increasing the whole Stacy Cuddy confusion) It wasn't until I started to watch full episodes of season 2 that we rented that I finally realized "OH! They're two different people! *smacks head*" And then I started to get more into it. And then at about "Needle in the Haystack" I'd say that I actually had a fairly good idea of what was actually happening in the show. After that and Fidelity of course I saw Airborne, and I think thats when I started to REALLY get into it. And then a few weeks later season 3 ended and well a little after that I would see my older brother occasionally watching House over the internet and thats when I realized that I missed practically all of season 1 and almost all of season 3, so I started looking for episodes because my parents stopped renting them over the internet after we finished season 2. So of course my first step was youtube. Of course the only House episode they had on youtube back then was one of Meaning where a guy just held a video camera up to his tv. And back then I didn't ship. I didn't even know what 'ship' even meant! Well other than the whole 'boat' thing...but anyway I would just lean wherever the show decided to lean. But then on my youtube expiditions I noticed a bunch of videos labeled 'Huddy' Heres another one of my stupid moments. Back then I thought that 'Huddy' was some sort of exotic spelling of Cuddy that I was unaware of. So about a week passed until I actually figured out that House+Cuddy=Huddy. And that was even more hitting my head against the wall. So that started the whole Huddy business....and then I realized that the closest thing to actual House episodes that I was going to find on youtube would just be videos of his various houseisms, so I started looking for the episodes on google. And after a while I discovered fanpop. Now this was almost a year before I actually made an account. Mainly cuz back then I was really paranoid about making accounts on websites with strangers on them back then. Now don't think that I spent all that time spying on oldmovie and cuddles, I would spend it hunting down the episodes. And when I got bored of that, THEN I started looking at the forums and picks and stuff like that. And then I finally made an account, and the first thing I did was make a pick. Oh how I wanted to do that! And then the first few people I think I met were babybell, pollyloveshouse, and heeresjoyce. And back then there was the whole icon crisis so I didn't get an icon for like a month...and blah, blah, blah. and...here I am now. Did my rant cause you to die of boredom yet?
I've never had the experience of shipping another House related ship xD
god....I just looked up at my story and realized that I started writing it after kellinator finished her story. christ...that thing is effing long....
It's ok because you are shipping the best one!! And after experiencing another ship I feel more strongly that they are the OTP!
LMAO cocacola I love that you thought Cuddy and Stacy were the same person, its actually probably easy to make that mistake. I love your story!!
okay...who here actually finished reading the novel I made a few posts up?
over a year ago Huddyaddict12 said…
lmao. Here's mine......

Well...when i first ever saw house i had know clue what it was or even about. I was like 8 yrs old flippen threw the channels and i stoped at something i thought looked cool. There was a girl jumping rope..and then all of a sudden she fell down and had a heart attach! I thought it was pretty awesome, but then my mom forced me go to bed without leting me see anything else but that! Then a few years later i was watching a show called american idol, and right after it every night house md would come on so i decided to watch it one night and at first i honesly thought house and cuddy were togethor....when i found out they were not i was so depressed!! Also when i first started watching house it was from 9:00 to 10:00, and i was only aloud to saty up till 9:30, so when i went to bed i would sit out side my bedroom room door so i could at least hear the end of it! (i know,really stupied but what can say....) Now thankfully im aloud to watch the whole thing and my mom excepts my obsessiveness over it XDD And finally when i bought the all the seasons i found out the ep i watched when i was 8 was actually an ep of house!! ep Heavy, first season to be exact. Then i found fanpop while searching for spoilers online!
So thats my story :]
LOLOLOL!!! cocacola i LUV ur story!!! XDDDD i got confused at first too because i thought season 1, season 2, season 3 and season 4 cuddy were all different ppl!!! i was like, DANG, so many administrative boss changes. after watching diff eps i was like WOAH! thts the same person!!! GOD, what is up with her hair in season 1?!?!?!?! XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
luvies urs too Ha12!!!!!! :DD
LOL I love all of these!!
me too!! god mine was long XDDDD
over a year ago EverybodyLies said…
Oooh I've got a good one!
I, too, was a Hameron, BB! I remember, way back in the day (four years ago) I was obsessed with American Idol. So one day we were at my grandma's house in Indiana, and American Idol was on that night. So we tuned in and watched it (I think Nadia got kicked off...oh well) and everything was good. Then a show came on, a show my parents really liked and I had never heard of. This, of course, was House. I remember the exact episode: "Heavy". I remember this was my first time ever watching it because the POTW was jump roping and said her chest hurts and a classmate of hers said "Think of how the ground must feel" or somehting like that. I remember saying how mean it was of him to say that and then she had a heart attack. xDDD
FAST FORWARD THREE YEARS TO FALL 2007.
I was in ninth grade. I was a huge fan of two shows called Psych and Monk. These two came on Friday nights and House came on after them. One Friday night, an episode came on and I was completely captivated by it. It was about a savant piano player (I think you know where I'm going with this! ;D ) and blah blah blah Cameron kissed House and DON'T SHOOT ME PLEASE I thought she and Cuddy were the same person. They had dark hair and were both short... I got them confused. xDD
Then I faithfully watched it on USA Friday nights until I got season three, then season one, then season two on DVD. I still don't have season four. >>
And that's how I got into House!

PS:
A conversation between me and a House-loving friend:
Me: So does House get together with that girl?
Him: What girl?
Me: The girl he kisses... it was hot!
Him: Who, Cameron?
Me: I don't know.
Him: Nooo! He belongs with Cuddy!
Me: Which one is Cuddy
AND SO ON, LOLOL
lol! Everybodylies! Confusion is awesome!
LOLOL!!! IT IS!!! XDDDD U saw the same ep that got Ha12 hooked!!!! XDDDDDDDD You have a grandma in Indy EL???
over a year ago Huddyaddict12 said…
*High fives EverybodyLies*
Wow, a what cawincidence we both got hooked on heavy!! =D
I luv this forum!! We know each other's stories and we can relate more now!! :DDD
over a year ago EverybodyLies said…
Yes I do, HC1331. :D
She lives in uhhh Fort Payne?
I don't really know. xD
-highfives Ha12-
LOL! I think you mean Fort Wayne EL XDD
alwitj olarkejtyo4itj! I like story time! Its fun!
LOL! yes it is XD
YES it is!!! More stories!!! MORE!!!
STORYYYYYY!!!!! XD
LOL I have story!! It isn't very interesting but whatever. Two Christmase's ago I stayed up all night on Christmas Ece watching all of the Huddy scenes from the 1st and second season and that put me on such a high that I wasn't even tired on Christmas even though I hadn't slept!! Boring story I know but I thought I would share lol
lol! that wasnt boring!! nice way to spend christmas!! :DDD
LOL yess, and this christmas will be even better!!! I will have so much to re watch!!!
HOUSE MD CHATROOM!!!! XD
over a year ago housefrk said…
My friend kept telling me to watch House, so one day I saw a rerun, Fools for Love, and I didn't really like it, so I didn't watch House again for a really long time. then all my friends were talking about how amazing Frozen was supposed to be. I figured I might as well watch it so I would at least know what they were talking about, and I was hooked. I've quickly become one of the most obsessed in our group. I think I'm tied with the friend that told me to watch House in the first place
LOLOLOL!!!
over a year ago houseluva8 said…
Heres my story:

So my first real encounter with House was when I was at my math tutors house. We had finished early and this was before I could drive, but I was waiting for my parents to come pick me up. My tutor was helping her other student that came early, so she let me watch tv. It happened to be on Fox so I left it there. The only part I saw was Lines in the Sand when the little boy gives House his PSP, I was like whats going on. Then I left. Never watched or heard about House again until Superbowl XLI or XLII. After the superbowl House was on, and I was like eh ok House i've heard about it so I was like i'll give it a roll. The episode I watched was 'Frozen'. I was entranced at the beginning scene when the propeller hit shawn in the leg. I was also entranced about how much of an ass House is. It entranced me and suddenly I needed to watch as much and many House episodes I could. So I went on tivo and put it on my season pass. I was a Huddy shipper since the beginning I think. They just had so much chemistry and thought that they should be togeather, and now they might be! =)
But thats how I started on House. not as exiciting as any of y'alls.
Great story!!!!!! :DDDD
over a year ago heeeresjoyce said…
Lol, just finished reading your mini novel cocacola, and I just remembered that I made the same mistake with Huddy as well! Whenever I saw those videos on YouTube (or Hameron ones) I always though people were spelling Cuddy and Cameron's names wrong! I felt like an idiot once I found out that they were ships. :p
XDDDDDDD It confused a lot of ppl, including me, so no need to feel like an idiot. lol
over a year ago Sheps88 said…
It was a cold day, one yet again filled with lifeless faces and suffocating monotony. The skies were smothered in clouds and no one accompanied my soul other than my constant parade of thoughts. "I'll watch some tv to occupy my mind," as to say, stop it from fluttering into oblivion and wasting yet another day with no prosperity. I reached for the remote and the show playing was House. I had never watched it before, and frankly, had never been interested, especially since it was a medical show...and for an artistic fiend such as myself, medicine is not my forte. I decided to trudge through one episode. What could it hurt? There was nothing else on anyway. The initial story didn't really catch my attention, but when the theme song sounded, I was thoroughly intrigued. My heart began to patter steadily and my eyes grew wider to see. The story unfolded one mystery at a time, and to my surprise, I found myself submersed in House's quick whitted remarks...loving every minute of it. His sacasm was a thrill and his whit was enticing. I decided to watch another episode...then another...and another...and before I could even come up for air, I had seen them all. Its an obsession, one that I am glad I found. It has made breathing effortless and life somewhat less revolting.
Love that story Sheps!!! I also like how you started out with "It was a cold day, one yet again filled with lifeless faces and suffocating monotony. The skies were smothered in clouds and no one accompanied my soul other than my constant parade of thoughts." LOL!!! :DDD
Thats really how it was. I live in Idaho, so I don't know if you know how it can get, but its awful to say the laest. The winters last 8 and 9 months here and the sun never really comes out during that time. We suffer from seasonal depression here cause theres never any light or heat. It sucks to say the least. And it was on one of those days that I'm sure everyone has gone through, when you feel like your head is going to explode if you don't find something to do. I was just at my whit's end with everything...life included...and house gave me something to be interested in.
over a year ago c6lucky said…
Howdy, howdy howdy-
just so everyone knows I'm obsessed with House and all his wonders. No one can take him away from me. Sheps88- I know all about Idaho. Been there a few times and let me tell you, that John Denver's full of shit man. I may be in the area soon, we should meet.
I can't feel my fingers Lloyd. They're numb!C6lucky-whereabouts in Idaho are you from?
Idaho sounds suckish. I'm so sorry Sheps.
Lol thanks HuddyCrazy. Its not all bad I guess, but the people are morons, but House makes it worth stomaching ;)