composição literária Illusions

owllover911 posted on Aug 15, 2013 at 03:53AM
It was on the day Bella ran away when she discovered something different. Something strange in her perfect utopia. Something she thought she would never see in her lifetime: a wall. Her home and country banned walls, blockades, or anything obstructive. People never crossed over, resolving in unnecessary precautions to stay within the town boundaries.
Bella used to think anybody who would cross over was completely and utterly stupid. She never wondered or even thought what would happen if anyone did cross the line. She just mainly thought of herself and occasionally her parents.
But when her home life had completely changed a few weeks ago, she had begun to wonder. It seemed as if her brain's gears worked once more, thinking of the difference between her parents yesterday and today.
Seemingly cold and distant, Bella overlooked it thinking it just a phase. But as it stayed constant, Bella grew anxious. What has happened to the loving parents I had not too long ago? she often wondered.
After work, Bella's parents did show some minor signs acknowledgement. But they were not want she needed. They were cruel and hurtful, criticizing every little thing she did, whether correct or incorrect, and ending with a harsh and abusive beating at the end of the day.
"Can you not do anything right?" they would scream with contorted face.
Bella tried adapting to her parents and new pattern of life, but the pressure of pleasing them was too much for her to handle. Thinking of the outside territories felt like a life-saver.
Bella burst out her house door and ran. She ran without thinking and planning. All she wished for was to escape her newly formed prison.
Lungs hurting and throbbing legs, she pressed on. Bella never stopped running, even as the view of a forest came to sight. When it came to full view, the feeling entrapment disappeared completely.
With her heart pounding, she felt a rush slither through her body and burst out through her legs, bursting into a full sprint.
THUNK.
Stumbling back with a pounding headache and bruised nose, Bella shakily reached out her hand to find contact with a cold hard wall. The feelings of pain, nausea, and astonishment were the last things she remembered before heavily falling with a faint.
last edited on Aug 16, 2013 at 06:03AM

composição literária 2 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago owllover911 said…
Lazily opening her eyes to a familiar worried face, Bella felt confused. Moving her hand around the soft, smooth felt around her, she found she was in bed. She shot her eyes open, suddenly realizing she was moved into her room. Hovering over her face was her mother and in the back was an unknown boy. Her mother stood up straight, appearing happily relieved.
"Where am I?" Bella hesitantly asked.
"Oh honey you're awake!" her mother smiled, apparently not hearing her soft-spoken question . Bella gave her a questing look.
"Sweetie, you were hit by a lone ball while you were taking a stroll yesterday," her mother explained boldly.
"A-a ball? Uh, n-no, I'm sure it was a, wall,"
Her mother chuckled,"Heavens no! Of course not darling," she drawled out the 'r', "you were walking yesterday because you told me you wanted some fresh air!" Bella continued to stared at her blankly.
"While you were taking our stroll, you hit by a ball thrown by this young man. You should apologize!" she turned sharply at the boy in the back.
"Sorry," he mumbled and left.
"What?" Bella said, "No, this isn't right. I-I was running away from home and slammed against a wall."
Her mother chuckled again, "Oh, sweetie, why in the world would you run away from home?"
"Because I, because you-" Bella stopped, realizing that the idea of her parents being abusive was preposterous.
"Maybe you are right. Maybe I'm just tired and had a dream," she mumbled.
Her mother smiled, almost triumphantly, "You should stay in bed and rest a while, hmm? I'm going to go out for work and I'll be back in a couple of hours. Call me if you need anything." And with that, she turned and left the room.
Bella lied in bed, thinking, pondering. If what my mother said was true, then was the abusive experiences just a dream? she thought. Did I just make something up after being hit by a ball? Bella smiled. Of course, she thought. I was having a nightmare, that's all. There's no such thing as a wall blocking the town from the world. It was just a dream. Just a dream... She drifted of into a dreamless sleep.
The slamming of the door jolted Bella awake. When her father walked in, she apologized.
"You're sorry? For what?" he questioned.
"John, don't worry about it. Bella was dreaming about something with a wall." Her mother stepped in. Bella's father laughed and walked out the door. Her mother stayed inside.
"Honey, you have to stop scaring you father and I like that. You and I both know that you did not slam into a wall yesterday. And please come out for supper. It's almost ready," she walked out and Bella tailed to the dinning table.
After a delicious dinner Bella crawled under the sheets of her bed again. Looking outside the window, Bella stared at the forest, far away and cast her mind to back before she fainted. The memories were fuzzy, but she was half-convinced she really did slam into a wall. Sighing, Bella closed her eyes throughout a sleepless night.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago megon4ever said…
smile
Keep going!