fantasma da ópera Other languages?

Michie posted on Dec 07, 2007 at 12:32AM
Anyone ever seen/heard Phantom in languages other than English? I have the full soundtrack in Japanese and I love it.

fantasma da ópera 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Jillywinkles said…
I have turned on the French subtitles in the 2004 movie, and it is actually pretty amazing! I really liked it, almost better than the English version.
over a year ago Shina_Black said…
I heard some songs in Polish. And I didn't like singers...
over a year ago FrenchHorn said…
I think it sounds kinda odd in french =)
over a year ago FrenchHorn said…
You can hear it in all kinds of different languages on youtube
over a year ago dustfinger said…
i watched the whole movie in french. i like it that way
over a year ago Lunatic said…
French.

I love the girl singing in French more than Emmy. Now that I think of it, I'm going to see if it comes in Spanish too!
over a year ago dragonrider said…
smile
I too have seen the 2004 movie in French. I LOVE IT SO MUCH!
over a year ago Phantomess said…
I currently have cast/movie albums in English, Russian, German, Spanish, Polish, Sweedish, Japanese, French, Italian, and Korean.
over a year ago Michie said…
I was more thinking actual cast recordings, as in NOT movie versions. This may make me unpopular, but seeing the movie hurt my feelings VERY BADLY. I've seen Phantom six times on Broadway and that's how I like it.

Phantomess- which ones are cast albums? So far I have English, Japanese, and a slightly curtailed Korean. ^_^
over a year ago Phantomess said…
Everything except the French and Italian are cast albums. Though Robert Marien's solo album has his translations of Le Fantome de l'Opera and La Musique de la Nuit (I love his translation of this. It's quite fantastic) I think I've got about 60+ recordings of various performers singing MotN, too.
TBUGoth commented…
There has not been production in France! over a year ago
over a year ago wanderingchild7 said…
Hungarian!! Stupid lyrics, wonderful voices... (seriously "The music of the night" or as I know "Az éj zenéje" sounds like a statement for being schizophrenic) Anyway it's a non-replica version and I don't know if any other non-replica versions exist (if they do please tell me about it! :)). Shall I upload some songs in Hungarian??
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago TBUGoth said…
English, Mexican, Korean, German, Dutch I THINK that's it, is hard to remember since I lost ALL my digital CDs last Thanksgiving. link