The Host Your favorito character, and favorito part? *SPOILERS*

luvrofedward posted on May 13, 2008 at 01:24AM
My fav character was Ian.
my fav part was when kyle tried to attack Wanda. i know its kinda sick lol, but its got a bunch of action and if it was a movie it would be AMAZ-ING!!!! i also liked the part when Wanda finally feels like she has major feelings for Ian, and they kiss for the first "real" time. its truely romantic.......
O.......M.......G......
AMAZING BOOK!!!!

The Host 39 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago ebethlovesmatt said…
It would be very tough to choose my favorite part. I liked it when Jamie realizes that Melanie is still with Wanda. I also like how protective Ian is of Wanda once they start falling for eachother. I love the Ian and Wanda relationship. This was a fabulous book and I am REALLY hoping Stephenie chooses to continue the series. I would love it.
over a year ago shortynme said…
I loved Ian too. Although Jamie was a big character he wasn't a huge part but I thought he was so funny and cute. Wanda is so good you can't help but love her. Ian and Wanda's relationship is so wonderful! The fact that he understands her better than everyone else, that he loves her so much, that he thinks she's beautiful in her natural form *sigh*. One of my favorite parts is when Ian runs with her to his room, after he thinks she just leaving (not dying) and he cries on her stomach. It was so romantic and sad! I liked the fight scene between Kyle and Wanda too, it was intense.
over a year ago CullenFixation said…
My favorite Character had to be Jamie I must say. I just love the way that in his heart he always "knew" it was his sister, and not to mention he is adorable. The runner up had to be Wanda, she is the kindest thing I have ever met but.. she's so weak and vulnerable that Ian is the perfect match for her, unlike Jared, who even though I think he's amazing... He could never be with Wanda. My favorite part...hmm thats really really hard. I guess it would have to be when they take 'Pet' and they put Wanda inside her. It made my heart flutter to hear that Ian had held her Cyrotank so close to him. That was adorable. and shortynme.. I completly agree, i love the fight between Kyle and Wanda, it was INTENSE. I love Stephenie Meyer. She's my role model.
over a year ago pink_martini2 said…
I love the part with Wanda and Ian of course.

I think the when Jeb takes her out of the hole when Jared leaves is great too. I love the interaction between her and Jeb. It was great to see Jeb be kind towards her, when others wouldn't.

And I love in general how mature the whole story is. The romance is very mature in the sense, I can take every person's side. It's very real. You can't hate one person for their place, you sympathize with them all. Even Kyle at the end.

It was a refreshing read from Twilight. Very refreshing. A love story that even though its sci-fi, is very real. Very natural.
over a year ago IrishTea said…
The best part about this book is that we should hate the souls... but we can't. It's kind of like what would we do for a peaceful world?

Anyone else thought Jeb would turn out to be a bad guy? I was always suspicious of how nice he was to Wana right away.

I basically loved the whole last half of the book when Wanda is living with the humans. And I love how Melanie and Wanda became like sisters. I have a hard time choosing if I like Jared or Ian better, but the best I've been able to come up with is that Ian is best for Wanda and Jared is best for Melanie

Anyways, awesome book! I was skeptical at first, but I loved it!
over a year ago SummerSong said…
My Fav character was Wanda/Melanie. I mean,the way they acted with each other in that one body was awesome.

My favorite scene was when Wanda almost lost Melanie. I actually cried a little! And my second fav was when Wanda became Pet and met Burns!
over a year ago CullenFixation said…
I cried when I thought that Jared would never believe Wanda, I just felt so bad for Melanie, I cried so much during this book for the excat reason pink_martini2 said, I felt compassion for EVERYONE.

Did anyone else cry a little it or.. in my case alot when Wanda decided that she was going to... get buried and not pick another body to live with?
over a year ago sweetmonkeytoes said…
^^Yes. I definitely had a few tears for that.

My favorite character was Ian. I mean how could you not love him?
One of my favorite parts was when she held Walter's hand while he was dying. It was just so sweet and heartbreaking at the same time. I guess a lot of the book was that way. I also liked the part when Ian and Wanda are on the mattress during the rain storm at the end. That was just cute.
over a year ago cerise said…
My favorite character is of course Wanda, though I liked very much Ian! I like them so much better than Melanie and Jared (Jared especially, such an useless violent idiot).
favorite part, hum... I liked the happy ending, very clever, and that Wanda is so cute ;) but I think the parts I loved the most where the parts with Jamie, when Wanda feels the intensity of human love.
over a year ago Acceber said…
I loved it all. Of course you love Wanda because she's the main character. I loved Jeb's sense of humor. Jaime reminded me of Jacob Black (yeah, I know its Twilight). I really liked Ian. Jared kinda bugged me. Did anyone else notice how in the begining when Wanda would worry about people her priorities were Jaime, Jared, Jeb, Ian and then as the book went on Ian gradually went to the top of the list? I thought that was cool. I loved their relationship. I cried so many times in this book. It also made me laugh out loud. Every time that happened, my roomates would look at me funny like "what can be funny in a book?" It was hillareous. I couldn't stop reading it. Even after it was over, I wanted to pick it up and see what would happen next. I hope there's a sequel, but I'm not going to die if there isn't.
over a year ago cheergeek said…
I really loved it all too. It was really easy to fall in love with all the characters and I love how Melanie and Wanda became so close ^-^. My fav would maybe be Wanda, beacause of how she is willing to sacrafice her self for Mel and the rest of her family.
I also ADORE Ian, it was easy for me to like him more than Jared; he's so nice to Wanda, and they definitly belong together. Any parts when they were together I loved <3
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago funnyshawna said…
i loved all the characters, even kyle. they were all so nice and likeable, except for a couple like maggie and sharon, but even they didnt bother me too much. i loved ian. he was so nice, and he loved her even when she was a soul, which was really sweet. there were a lot of parts that were really sad and made me cry. like when walter was dying, and when it looked like jamie was too. and it was sooo sad when she was saying goodbye to ian and jared before they took her out of melanie's body. i didnt cry when wes died tho. it just was so fast i was like "woah" and then it was over. but i loved the whole thing. it was a great book, if a little confusing at times. at first i didnt understand why she didnt just take the seeker's soul out and send it away, and then go into the seeker's body and leave melanie her body for herself, but then she explained how she didnt wanna be a parasite at all, and it all made sense. omg! i really wanna have a sequel, like right now, even though it just came out! great book! it reminded me kind of of peeps by scott westerfeld, anyone else feel the same?
:)
<3
over a year ago limey said…
Ian was my favorite, but i love Wanda, Jamie, Melanie, Doc, Sunny, and even Jeb

I think my favorite part was probably like the last 100 pages, it was just so well written and such
over a year ago whitechoco said…
my favorite character would probably be ian.. i just love the way he loves wanda. he loves her for being her and not for her physical appearance.he really is too good for a human

my favorite part would probably be the last chapter. because that's the part where everyone just seems so happy and content. i usually hate endings because they always seem so final,,, but not this ending,, i love it because it sounds more like a beginning of a really great adventure and a new love triangle with burns,wanda and ian,, or maybe it was just my imagination?
over a year ago cheergeek said…
ugggh... no more love triangles please
over a year ago iluvedward22 said…
i actually luv Jared. i know everyone thinks is a jerk for hitting wanda, but look at it this way. Imagine thinking the love of your life is dead and then seeing her body being controlled by the very thing you've grown to hate. You would go mad too. Besides he's human and he's desperately in love. He felt like he would never see the true Melanie again. That's why he was violent. Jared actions are to be expected if he really did love Melanie. Jared rocks. I love him and he DOES have a heart, he's just being through a lot.
over a year ago hales1020 said…
THANK YOU, iluvedward22!!!!!!!
my favorite character was also jared. i know a lot of you think he is a jerk, but imagine what he must have been feeling!! he is just human, after all. of course, i love ian too, but truth be told, ian was really getting on my nerves in the beggenning. i was just SO fixed on jared realizing that mel, the love of his life, was still with him (in a twisted way), that i was geting annoyed when ian started liking wanda. but in the end, you can't help but love ian...but jared is still my favorite, besides wanda/melanie.
its so hard to pick a character u love best, meyer makes it to where you hvae to love ALL of them. even kyle, at the end.
i don't even know what my favorite part is...way too hard to pick, but it was probably when Jamie realized that Melanie was still alive. i was crying, lol.
i cried like a freaking BABY when i thought that wanda was going to sacrafice herself for melanie...
over a year ago SilverSoul said…
I agree with HALES1020, I love ALL the characters!!
even Kyle! except Magnolia and Sharon.. those biatchs!!! I hate them.
My favourite part was when Wanda was attacked by Kyle and then when Jamie got sick, OMG i cried
so much when that happened!!
Anyways, I LOVE THE BOOK. I think I even like it more than Twilight.
over a year ago miryana said…
I liked every single character in the book, cause all of them made this book so beautifull, even The Seekers ( who are grrrrrr ). but it's Wanda and Ian who I loved the most. Although the title of the book- The Host- coulg suggest that Melanie is the leading character, I don't see it that way- to me it is Wanda's and Ian's love story- the two of them are main characters ( and my favorite I might add :-) ).
My favorite part is actually one sentence- You. Are. Not. Leaving. Me. - the way it was written tells us so much about the pain Ian felt at the moment and how big hislove for Wanda is.
over a year ago JIS4LOSER said…
I LOVE IAN and WANDA i guess you can say thier my fav even though i love all the others
my fav part would have to be when iAN and Wanda are in the game room and his like "i just wanted to give you time to think " and she ends up saying the samething to him
over a year ago MusicDreamer said…
I think my favorite part was the very end when Wanda and Ian were both like "I was trying to give you time do deal!" That was so cute to me. Ian, Wanda and Jamie were probably my favorite characters fo-sho.
over a year ago Edward901 said…
my favorite character is Walter and i cried when he died... i cried alot.
one of my favorite parts of the book was when Ian had sat beside Wanda in the game room after she saw the dead souls in the hospital. even after she had called everyone monsters, he still sat with her and let her mourn, even though he was in pain too..
i laughed at the funny things, cried in the sad things, and jumped for joy in the happy things, Steph just has a way of making you FEEL like you ARE the main character... (that's the biggest reason why i don't hate Bella in Twilight) i felt annoyed when Wanda was annoyed, heartbroken, lovestruck, and even physically hurt when she was...
over a year ago MelanieStryder said…
my favorite character was Melanie,
which sounds odd but it was just so sad that she lost her body to a soul. Of COURSE I love wanda too but i like mel a little better:)
Hmmmm.....my favorite part was when ian and wanda were on the matress together during the rainstorm...so cute...i cried.
and i liked the 4th chapter when mel and jared met, not as cute, but I liked how jared was mr. nice guy way back then...
over a year ago ragga said…
I agree with so many things thats already been said.

I love Stephs stories, and I think its because of how amazing she describes and explains realionships between creatures. Not just the bonds betwen lovers, but also family and friends.

My favourite caracters are wanda and melanie. But I also love every other single person in this book. I love ian and wanda, jared and melanie. I love the way Ian developed through the book, and the way he feels for wanda. I totally get Jared, and I dont get why everybody seems to hate him for hitting wanda/mel. I get it, but if you look at the sercumsices its easy to understand why he acts that way. And I was heartbroken to see how he changed when he lost mel. From the person who always smiled, even in the most difficult of situasions to be more "hard/cold".

Love the books, and im ceeping fingers and toes crossed for sequels. But I hope the love triangles come to an end :P

over a year ago yalondae said…
My favorite character was IAN. My favorite part was when he found out Wanda was going to leave. I just could not stand Jared. He was too old for Melanie, it was gross at first. On top of that he was so violent. I mean it is so barbaric to keep hitting a female body!
over a year ago musicandmango said…
big smile
I can't chose a fave I love them all. And my favorite part(s) is when ever Mel and Wanda are talking/arguing with each other. I just like how both of them first hate each other then love each by the end.
over a year ago Aline328912 said…
Hey guys, I'm from Brazil, nice to meet you
My favorite character was ian too. I loved the way that he protect Wanda, and when they start to feel for each other... It's so cute. I mean, it's easy to see that he's in love with her, and he doesn't care if she is a insect or not. She is a good person and it's good for him. My favorite part is when Ian descovered that Wand is going to leave. I liked to see that Wanda was in love with Ian too, that it was not just him. The way that Stephenie put the Wanda's feelings was awesome!

Sorry if I wrote something wrong, guys. I just speak portuguese.
over a year ago JuniorDavis said…
IAN!!!

probably when Ian pick Wanda to his room (when he learn her ''suicidal'' plan) this all big part was...WOW!
Also when he threat Jared if he dare touch Wanda « Her Name Is Wanda,Not -It-. You Will Not Touch Her. Any Mark You Leave On Her,I Will Double On Your Worthless Hide»
And when she said I love you
«I love you.
Don't say that like goodbye»
Awwwwwwww =(
over a year ago Zsuzsi28 said…
I absolutely agree with you hales1020 and iluvedward22! I love Jared, he's my favorite character. I'm so happy that there are others who likes Jared!
over a year ago Yoss said…
My favorite characters: 1. Wanda 2. Ian 3. Jared 4. Jamie
Favorite Part: Ian's good or bad (love it!), and the you.won't.leave.me. part. I also likd the part where Jared and Ian were arguing over Wanda and Mel on the game room and outside Ian's room. and Jared sending Jamie to ask Wanda to stay in their room. I agree with Ian. Jared is Shameless! lol!!!!
over a year ago CleoSertoriFan said…
big smile
My faveourite character had to be Jamie. Just because he was so cute and innocent. he was stubborn and funny but for right reasons. i also like him because of the way he acts and that he always stood by Wanda. The runner up would be Wanda, just because she is pure, innocent and because she would do anything to help well basically anyone. My third fave character would be Ian, just because he is funny, stood by Wanda like half way through the book and is so sweet. i would like to say Jared and Kyle both come in fift because thye are so unpredictable and make action in the book but i cant because one; kyle was mean, and two; not jared because he was abit mean to wanda and he only took care of her because of mel. which leeads to my fifth character; mel. just because she was brave, sweet and stood together with Wanda. Mel "We girls got to stick together" = actual quote.
laugh
I also really liked the cover of the book the host! the glowing eye bit is so cute!
oke maybe cute is the wrong word... more like awesome, innocent or cool. Maybe random...:P
over a year ago jalicefan15 said…
My fave cherector is wanda and my fave part was when wanda first saw her new body and realized what happened
over a year ago sarahsheperd said…
big smile
My favourite character has to be Uncle Jeb. He is the coolest character created by SM...he's funny, witty, cunning, insightful, kind and so crazy that he's the sanest person in the book:)
I liked every single page but my favourite bit is when wanda goes out to steal medicine for jamie, its the point were she realises that there's no turning back, she's with the humans for good.
over a year ago Samanthaaaah said…
My favorite character was Wanderer's Seeker! Haha, just kidding. My favorite character would have to be either Ian or Jeb. I like Ian because he was just so sweet and he loved Wanda no matter what she was. And he cried. I love Jeb because of his dry sense of humor and how, in the beginning, he was the only one who was nice to Wanda. My favorite part was when Ian gave Wanda Cheetos. Haha. 'Cheetos! Really? For me?' I cracked up. The thing I disliked most was how Jared would actually hit Wanda/Melanie. Even though he thought Melanie was gone it made me mad at him that he could even think to hurt her body, if he loved her so much. But I love that book... and Stephenie Meyer. Shes genious.
over a year ago Kira-Kira said…
My favorite character was Jared! I can't help it. It was sooo sweet when Jared kissed Melanie when he thought that they were the last 2 humans on earth. And then I started 2 like Wanderer better than Melanie, so I wanted Jared to love Wanderer. So sad, too bad.
But another favorite moment was when Jared kissed the Wanderer and she loved him! Aww, that was so sad and sweet! When Ian started liking Wanderer, I was so mad, cause he was mean in the beginning! IDK how everyone can like IAN SO MUCH!
Jared was just so cute. One of the only things I didn't like was that Wanderer got put in a child's body, basically, even though she was probaby the strongest of them all, and that almost nothing happened between Jared and Wanderer, cause it said that she fell in love with him and that sounded reely cool, cause Melanie was with Wanderer. But it was just like a kiss 2 see if Mealanie was their, a kiss 2 find Melanie, and a kiss cause Wanderer was bringing Melanie back. It was all Melanie, Melanie, Melanie!
over a year ago daria264 said…
laugh
in order, my favs
Ian-because he loved her so deeply that he went to get Jared to help her find Melanie. I can't imagine how much that must have hurt him.
Wanda-because she chose someone else over her own life and love
Melanie-because she fought back and Stephenie Meyer gives you enough back round on her to relate and understand the power of her love for Jared and Jamie
Jared-for the whole helping Wanda save Jamie
Burns- for "going native"
over a year ago bookchicky said…
Ive read a pile of these replies
I liked the character Wanda/Mel with their special sisterly bond
Jamie was such a open hearted boy who couldnt love him i did

BUT! why is Jared the bad guy, if my man was taken i would fight and rebel, he loves Mel with every peice of his heart and Wanda never says she is there still,
the memories Mel shows Wanda when they are about to go in2 the dessert looking for Jared and Jamie pulled my heart strings, I dont excuse the fact that Jared was a jerk but i feel his pain.

My fav part was the memories i just mentioned,
The part where Jamie was hurt and Mel wouldnt come What passion!! lol and the raid for supplies to help Jamie,
and i loved the part where Ian Tells Wanda he held her (no host) and she was beatuiful
AMAZING BOOK!!!! Finshed the last page and started the book again