The Academy Awards TCM's The History of Hollywood

Krushin posted on Nov 10, 2010 at 05:12PM
All this month, Turner Classic Movies is bringing you a month long series of documentaries: Moguls and Moviestars - The History of Hollywood. The 7 part series explores the American Movie Dynasty, from it's conception, to the ups and downs, the twists and turns of creating the film industry we have today. Each installment features rare footage, and photographs of the people that started it all, plus interviews with distinguished historians and major Hollywood figures like Sidney Lumet, Richard Zanuck, Samuel Goldwyn Jr., just to name a few.

The series will be narrated by award winning actor, Christopher Plummer. One by one, each documentary will be followed by the respective film that represents each Hollywood era, from 1890's silent movie to Peepshow Pioneers, to Fade-in, Fade-Out of the 1970's.

The marketing company I work for just picked up this campaign from Turner and I find myself really looking forward to this month of movies as I am a movie fanatic. Hope you enjoy and check out link for more info

The Academy Awards No replies