taylor swift What Is She Really Saying {Holy Ground}

spatten posted on Jan 21, 2013 at 05:11AM
The song Holy Ground from Taylor's new album Red... I'm completely and utterly obsessed with the rhythm and of course the lyrics but here's the problem. I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT SHE'S SAYING IN THE BACKGROUND LYRICS. I mean I have ideas but there's no way to be sure. It starts at 1:30 in the song. I think she's saying "the way, the way, the way up" and here's why.

"And darling, it was good
Never looking down
And right there where we stood
Was holy ground"

The never looking down implies that they were standing in a high place, i.e. the clouds or Heaven (holy ground).

I've seen and heard other suggestions so I'm asking my fellow Taylor Swift fans...

WHAT DO YOU THINK SHE SAID????
 The song Holy Ground from Taylor's new album Red... I'm completely and utterly obsessed with the rhyt

taylor swift 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Love-Taylor13 said…
I think it's just some kind of "ouh ey-y..ouh ey-y..ouu ey-y..ooo-ooh"..so nothing with a specific meaning or something..just like a simple "yeah" :)
I mean,maybe it stands for the joy/ fun they had and the good mood :)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago spatten said…
hmmm
That's totally possibly but I find it hard to believe that such a beautifully written song just has some random vocalizations.
over a year ago liles13 said…
I think it's like:
Ooh why ooh why ooh why-oooh
Ooh why ooh why ooh why-oooh
over a year ago swiftie54 said…
i'm also not quite sure but i always understand sth like "alright, alright, alright ooh"... but what Love-Taylor 13 said sounds Logical to me too:)
over a year ago LANfanaddictNIE said…
Personally, I hear "Ho-ly, Ho-ly, hal-le-lu-jah".
over a year ago greengazelles said…
I personally thought it was 'you were right, you were right, you were right all along' but I now agree with 'the way, the way, the way up'
over a year ago nathandonnelly2 said…
I know that this an old post and sorry for bumping it but I wondered what she was saying to. I think she's saying either "Too Late, Too Late, Too late it's over", "Hal-le, Hal-l-e, hal-le-lu-jah" or Ho-ly, Ho-ly, Ho-ly, Ho-ly Grou-nd" but idk what she's saying. All i remember is during a secret sessions, Taylor said it was happy sounds