Symphonic Metal Nightwish

Ratdog posted on Dec 07, 2008 at 11:44PM
I'm just wondering what people's opinion is of Tarja being kicked out of the band and Anette replacing her. I know this happened ages ago but some people seem to be really aggressive towards Anette and I'm curious as to what everyone's opinion is on here.

Symphonic Metal 7 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago TopazEyez said…
i think they are both amazing singers! =) i liked Nightwish when Tarja sang, but i also like it with Anette singing
i know a lot of people think Tarja is better but Anette is part of the band now and people should accept that =]
thats my opinion any ways =D

i <3 Nightwish! =)
over a year ago Ratdog said…
Completely agree with you. People need to get over the fact that Tarja isn't in the band anymore. Anette is a brilliant singer, not as good as Tarja IMO, but still very good and people shouldn't be so resentful towards her.
over a year ago bessy said…
I agree with you,guys! Anette and Tarja are both great,but with their own way! With a special way!
over a year ago dianoga32 said…
I also agree, Tarja is still my favourite though, i've seen Nightwish live with both singers and i preferred them with Tarja. I often wonder how the songs from Dark passion play would sound with Tarja singing them. Would they work? Anette adds something different to the band and i'm actually glad they didn't just get a Tarja wannabe in to replace her.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago diana_pustianu said…
With or without Tarja's voice, the Nightwish music style remains the same. They rock anyway! \m/
over a year ago Stratpat said…
big smile
I think they made a great choice with Anette. It's really too bad that Tarja said what she said to Tuomas on that fateful decision making day, she is still a great singer nonetheless. Great choice with Anette though!
over a year ago Elangsoe said…
Tarja was great with the operatic vocals, Anette brought the rock pop feel which was good on certain tracks, but Floor has it all fantastic vocal range that has given Nightwish that dynamic that was missing. The cherry that topped the cake. 💜💜💜🖤🖤🖤