severo snape What was JKR's words to Alan Rickman about the role of Severus Snape?

karenmiller1972 posted on Jan 28, 2012 at 11:46PM
So, everywhere I've read or been directed to, we've gotten the gist that JKR took Alan Rickman aside and told him something about the role of Severus Snape.
No where have a found the words he said(no where verified that is). And Alan himself is rumored to have said that she didn't tell him anything that was part of the story outline.
I would like to hear different theories from everyone on what JKR could have told Alan Rickman about the role of Severus Snape.

My own theory is "Severus Snape is a deeply honorable character."

But then you think that JRK based Severus Snape on a teacher she rather disliked and you wonder.....

So, what is everyone else's theories?

link

severo snape 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago karenmiller1972 said…
I was hoping for discussions....40 lookers and no one commented....
:(

Ah well, someone one day will think about it.

But, I haven't found a verifiable statement anywhere from Alan Rickman or JKR of what they spoke about.
Only one or two hints.

So, anyone else have a theory about what was discussed?

Do you think she told him that ---

"No matter what you read or is written about him, Severus Snape is always a true agent of good.".....?

over a year ago jester616 said…
When I first started acting on my Snape obsession, I remember first looking at Wikipedia for background info about AR, as I really had no idea who he was.

I recall reading that he had picked up the idea that Sev loved Lily long before JKR wrote DH, and how he was not supposed to let on that he knew.

I haven't looked at that article since, so I can't provide any cites at this moment. Just wanted to get my two cents in.
over a year ago jester616 said…
Just came back from Harry Potter Characters on Wikipedia. It is where I got that info, under the section for Snape. Scrolling down, there is a little blurb about the film portrayal and how AR knew about the love for Lily. Cites are provided for thoses references, and I have yet to look/listen to the original sources.
over a year ago snapeinmymind said…
Maybe this link will help you. But deep inside of my heart I think we never will know the correct words between Alan and Joe. He is a secret keeper ;)

link