Os Pinguins de Madagascar POM Movie talk (SPOILERS)

peacebaby7 posted on Nov 15, 2014 at 07:53PM
So, to protect those who won't be seeing the movie on the premier date from spoilers, this is where anyone who sees the movie can come to speak freely about it while being courteous to those people. You can say anything you like (or don't) about the movie, discuss your favorite scenes or lines, or anything else you want to say about the movie. Have fun!

Os Pinguins de Madagascar 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Skipper246 said…
laugh
Thank you so much for making this😂💕
The movie was amazing. And omg the brotherly moments😍😍😍
I loved when Private kissed them all on the cheek and how he got stuck in the vending machine. XDDD
Then I loved how the North Wind shot them with tranquilizer and omg, Corporals right, they're still cute and cuddly when their asleep. Kowalski's crush on Eva was adorable. And wow, they look weird as mutants but it was so sweet when Skipper was having flashbacks of Private. The North Wind annoyed me at some parts, but other than that they were pretty cool. Some of the jokes were a little awkward at times, and I felt bad for Private a lot in the beginning, even though I loved how sweet the guys were to him. But he eventually proved himself, so that was good. AND OMG THE ENDING WAS AMAZING. I didn't expect Julien & Mort to be in there at all. That totally stunned me, but I loved it. All and all, the movie was awesome!!!
peacebaby7 commented…
I agree with what you said! :D over a year ago
27Kowalski commented…
Totally agreed! :D LOL, I completely lost it when Rico kissed Private on the beak! I was like: Whoa, dude!" XD over a year ago
peacebaby7 commented…
Definitely. XD over a year ago
over a year ago mouseandowl said…
Wait, Julien and Mort? Was this a post credit scene? What happened in it?
CaptSkipper commented…
It was a mid-credit scene. It was them turning Private back to his normal appearance. They used Mort as the cute thing, but he was so cute, he had enough cute to spare for himself. over a year ago
mouseandowl commented…
They turned him back? Darn it, I wanted them to stick with the new Private! over a year ago
SJF_Penguin2 commented…
It was funny, but a bit too weird to be a permanent change. I knew he'd have to be turned back, and it was very funny how it was done. over a year ago
peacebaby7 commented…
Agreed, SJF. Mort had a little cute to spare. XD over a year ago
over a year ago peacebaby7 said…
big smile
I just got back from seeing the movie! Loved it. :)

I loved Skipper and Classified's adversarial relationship, just as I thought I would. I wish there'd been even more interactions between the two than there was. And the scene with the playing with the chairs? That SO would've been me. I did, however, feel a pang of anger in my chest when Classified made Skipper feel guilty about losing Private on the island. I felt like throwing my drink at his face in the movie theater, but I thankfully was able to keep my cool (just kidding, I wasn't going to do that).

Although the celebrity puns were a bit overdone, I still thought they were pretty funny (especially, "Hugh! Jack! Man your stations!"). I actually felt sorry for Dave when he was explaining his backstory, but not enough to feel as though his seeking revenge was justified. I thought his fate at the end was pretty funny and cute.

One scene I can't stop, and probably never will, laughing at is when Classified was screaming, "We're deeeeeeeeeeeead!!!" And he couldn't get his claws out of Corporal, and he had to smudge away his pawprint. That was pretty funny. I also had to laugh when Skipper said to lighten the load on the aircraft and Classified had to deal with taking the heat on that one.

I couldn't help but feel annoyed when North Wind was floating around in their little emergency pod and left the penguins trailing behind, even accusing them of destroying the aircraft. Technically, it probably wouldn't have been destroyed if they hadn't interfered.

When Classified tranqued them, I was laughing pretty hard. Especially with Kowalski trying to flirt with Eva before he had to float away unconscious. And shipping them to Madagascar? Irony in the making, people. XD

Private trying to get Skipper's attention was adorable. I felt sorry for the little guy when Skipper said he was just the cute one. I was happy he was able to prove himself in the end. And the silly salutes was adorable.

King Julien and Mort at the end were just perfect. For anyone who has never seen the Madagascar movies or the series, the character development in those thirty seconds was just enough to understand who they are as characters. It was perfect and I loved it.

Dislikes:
I do wish Rico and Kowalski had a little more development in the movie, as CaptSkipper mentioned in his review in the articles section. I also wish Eva and Kowalski had more moments.

This isn't something I disliked, per se, just something I was kind of disappointed about. In the novelization, when Corporal started nervous-munching on the controls, Classified soothed him instead by saying, "Corporal! Listen to me! Focus on the sound of my voice. My rich, soothing voice." He did continue into saying they'll save the penguins, and no one breaks the Wind (LOFlippin'L), but that was my favorite line.

I think there were a couple of other minor things I disliked, but I can't think of what they are at the moment. Overall, the movie was great, and I liked the overall message. I can't wait for it to come out on DVD.
27Kowalski commented…
I agree with all you said! I laughed pretty hard at all the funny moments you mentioned! XD over a year ago
SJF_Penguin2 commented…
I felt sorry for Dave at first too. Though I like penguins mais than octopuses, I'd still spend some time looking at an octopus like him at a zoo or aquarium. When the girl shook Dave inside the snow globe near the end of the movie, it made me think of Darla from "Finding Nemo." over a year ago
SJF_Penguin2 commented…
While what they did definitely wasn't very professional for members of an interspecies task force that is supposed to be helping animais who can't help themselves, I thought the scene with the North Wind's pod was funny, especially when they were talking about throwing their extra peixe overboard. over a year ago
peacebaby7 commented…
^^Ha, good analogy. XD ^I agree. Even though it made me upset, I also thought it was funny. I don't know if that makes sense. XD over a year ago
smile
Oh, yeah, I also loved Corporal's interaction with the penguins. And when Skipper was slapping him repeatedly trying to get him to let go, LOL! The end with the hearts was adorable, too. <3
27Kowalski commented…
Yeah, I know right? All the penguins and even the North Wind making those hearts with their flippers/hands was just so heart-warming. <3 over a year ago
peacebaby7 commented…
Yeah. <3 over a year ago
over a year ago InternetGirl123 said…
Just saw the movie, fantastic as expected! It kind of surprised me that the actual story took place after Madagascar 3, just because the trailer was making it sound like their entire backstory and what adventures they had before ending up in New York. After they hang glided away from the circus, I kept expecting it to go into a flashback of some sort.

So... it's now canon that Private is 10 years old. The first Madagascar came out in 2005, 9 years ago, so can we assume that Private was born in 2004? It was also shown that they were all still little babies when they arrived in New York; I would've liked to see how they got there from Antarctica. It's a bit unlikely they floated all the way there on that iceberg, but anything can happen.

I thought that there would be a huge focus on the North Wind from the way the trailers showed it, but there really wasn't, and I was happy about that, because it's not about them. My feelings on them are... neutral. I really wanted to smack Classified when he was making Skipper feel guilty about Private. But the emotion in that scene was huge and I was almost crying.

I felt so bad for Private, but I was so proud of him when he saved the day. And Skipper making the realization that he had to let Private do this... PRECIOUS.

LOVED the cameo from Julien and Mort at the end! Wasn't expecting that, and it was hilarious classic stuff from them.

...Can I go back to see it again? Please? I can't wait for the DVD.

Also my movie theater had 3 posters for it out front. I should ask them what they do with those posters when the movie leaves the theater, because I want one. Also again my mom had to get the car washed, and the car in front of us had a license plate that said "MISSION". Coincidence? I think not. ^_^
 Just saw the movie, fantastic as expected! It kind of surprised me that the actual story took place a
peacebaby7 commented…
I agree! I think maybe a ship maybe found them floating por and saved them. :3 And Classified making Skipper feel guilty, I agree. I wanted to beijoca, smack him, too. Such an intense scene, especially when Skipper gave in. I also agree about Private saving the day. I was glad he was the initial hero of the movie. And that license plate, AWESOMENESS. XD over a year ago
InternetGirl123 commented…
Also not sure how I feel about the whole Kowalski/Eva thing. There was so little interaction between them, that I don't think the kiss at the end was even warranted. I'm not even sure the whole relationship had a point to being there. The movie would've been fine without it, in my opinion. over a year ago
SJF_Penguin2 commented…
It's still weird thinking of Private as only ten years old. I remember someone involved with the TV show guessed his age at around twenty, which I have an easier time seeing. But if Private is ten in the movie, the others can't be too much older. Baby Skipper, baby Kowalski, and baby Rico looked older than the chicks waddling with their parents in Antarctica, but I'd have a hard time believing they are much mais than several months older than little Private, no mais than a year. over a year ago
over a year ago 27Kowalski said…
big smile
I just got back from the cinema and I have to say, I loved this movie! It probably was a bit fast-paced, but I enjoyed it regardless. It was a great movie. Certainly worth the long wait. :3

The best parts have to be the brotherly moments between the penguins. The producers really succeeded in showing how much the penguins care for one another and how they would do anything to save each other. Just look at Skipper! He had to admit his plan wasn't the best one just because he had to save Private. He put his pride aside and agreed to follow Classified's orders because Private needed him. If that's not a family, I don't know what is. (Quoting Skipper here, obviously. X3)
Also, it was really adorable every time Skipper patted Private on the head, or pinched his cheeks or messed the feathers on his head. My heart melted every single time. <3

Then, there are Kowalski and Eva. I honestly loved those two together. They're so cute! I feel like they could've shown them a bit more, though. After all there were just 3 or 4 short scenes with them. But, overall, the kiss at the end was cute and I think I can hear the shippers writing fanfictions about 'em right now. XD

What else? ... Well, the North Wind was great! I loved Agent Classified and Skipper interacting with each other, they had some of the funniest moments together! Though, I kind of wish Short Fuse, Eva and Corporal had more quotes and screen time ... Still, I love these characters! My favorite has to be Classified (even though I wanted to slap him in the face when he made Skipper feel guilty about losing one of his men), with Corporal as a close second.

Also I really loved Dave. He was hilarious, evil and crazy! I probably missed a few of his puns like "Nicholas Cage them!" because, even though I thought the Italian dubbing was great, some jokes just don't work in Italian and they had to change them a bit. I can't wait to see this movie in English so I can catch all the jokes that were lost in translation. X3
I have a question, though: if Dave is an octopus, how can people understand him when he's disguised as Dr. Octavious Brine? Shouldn't they hear just mumbling sounds et cetera? Meh, I'm probably overthinking this. XD
Dave's fate was hilarious, though. At first I was like, "Aww, he finally found someone that loves him." Then the girl started shaking the snowglobe frantically and I was just like "Oh ... Well that's what you get for being bad, Debbie!" XD

Overall, there were lots of funny parts throughout the whole movie, some touchy and feel-y scenes as well as action-filled moments! I would recommend it to everyone! :D
last edited over a year ago
 I just got back from the cinema and I have to say, I loved this movie! It probably was a bit fast-pac
peacebaby7 commented…
I agree with what you said, too! I had the same pergunta about Debbie—err, Dave. XD I thought it was funny at the credits when it said, "John Malkovich as Debbie" . . . *erases Debbie and replaces with Dave* XD over a year ago
27Kowalski commented…
Yeah, me too! XD over a year ago
peacebaby7 commented…
I agree, I would've liked to see mais of him too. He's pretty loveable for a big, white bear. Also, I amor "Prison Break"! I didn't even realize that was him until I read your comment. I haven't watched any of the episodes in a while. over a year ago
laugh
May I also say this?

Classified: "This is difficult for me to say, but—"
Skipper: "Is it 'osteoporosis'? You just have to lean into the syllables. Ahh-stee-ohh—"
Classified: "What? No!"
27Kowalski commented…
LOL! I laughed my butt off when I saw this scene! XD It was so random, yet so hilarious. XD over a year ago
peacebaby7 commented…
LOL, I so agree! My mom and I were laughing so hard. It's so something Skipper would say, too. Remember unpummelable? XD over a year ago
27Kowalski commented…
LOL, I know right? XD over a year ago
over a year ago Catherina_PoM said…
heart
I LOVED the movie X3 The action, the humor, the cute and cuddliness X3 And the brotherhood-ness XD
I kinda wished there was a "you didn't see anything" scene at the end XD
peacebaby7 commented…
Ooh, there SO should've been. They were probably having too much fun with the movie and forgot about it. XD over a year ago
Catherina_PoM commented…
Yeah! ^3^ over a year ago
over a year ago SJF_Penguin2 said…
I already posted my thoughts on the movie in an article (link), but I want to add that another thing I thought was funny was when Private swallowed the paper clip.

Also, I am going to miss all the penguin "mission reports" DreamWorks has been posting to promote the movie once it is out of theaters.
last edited over a year ago
peacebaby7 commented…
Yeah, I thought that was funny, too. Also kind of sad, though, for me, just for the fact that he did it because he wanted to be like Rico to get Skipper's attention. And I'm SO missing those, too. They were great. over a year ago