Human Rights December: fanpop Human Rights Awareness mês

Cinders posted on Nov 17, 2008 at 08:03PM
Hey, everyone. Since December is the time for giving, love, and human kindness, I have decided to declare it Fanpop's Human Rights Awareness Month, or "HRA" Month. What this means is that I will urge all Fanpop users to adopt an icon that promotes any of the concepts of human rights (equality, liberty, love, etc), awareness of a human rights crisis (Darfur, Burma, Uganda, etc), a human rights quote, or anything at all related to human rights and helping our fellow man.

I know that a lot of us also like to sport Christmas icons during the month of December, and rest assured there will be some Holiday themed HR icons to choose from as well.

In fact, I invite everyone who enjoys making icons to start making some for the rest of November, so other Fanpoppers can use them in December. Upload them to this spot so they can be found in one place.

Human Rights 11 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Cammie said…
The moment I read this headline^ in my updates I was 99% certain it was from you.
Excellent concept,Carly. You're a lady that embarks on some very worthwhile missions.
over a year ago Sappp said…
Now I have to find a icon that is both human rights-related and has an apple in it (I have to have an apple!)

But I think it is a great idea!
The quote-searching will be really enjoyable to me. I love qoutes.
over a year ago hellgirl223 said…
Hm, so i have to write human right quotes, icons and probably all stuff human rights in this spot?
over a year ago love_not_war_75 said…
Will do
over a year ago Biathine said…
Okay, good idea. XD
over a year ago pollyloveshouse said…
I'm in with this beautiful icon love_not_war75 posted.
over a year ago Biathine said…
Oh yeah, the same goes for me, thank you lnw!XD
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago greenchoco101 said…
Sorry, im not really feeling the changing the icon thing and the quote? if that is a requirement, but i wanna participate!
over a year ago ArabellaElfie said…
Cinders, I have a thought but I only want to move foward with it if you like it. What if we make a banner or little thing (like a medal) that would be placed on users' existing icon? That way users who wish to keep their icon the same have that ability and those who want to rock a fully HRAM can.

You and I are fairly decent with making icons and whatnot so I'm sure we could give it a go. What do you think?
over a year ago Cinders said…
Yes, I think that's a swell idea. You're good at making stamps, I think you should go for it.
over a year ago AgentCoop said…
smile
Katie told me about this and I was inspired to make this piece. I don't know if this is something you can use or not, but I thought it might be a good promotional piece. I also have a version without text, so if you wanted to do something different, text-wise it's no problem.

link

I'd be willing to try my hand at some icons, as well.