harry potter Thoughts about the ending...SPOILERS

bceagles11392 posted on Jul 26, 2007 at 05:13AM
Harry did not die the first time in the forbidden forrest because he was a horcrux...but i have a few problems with this

1)If harry was a horcrux...the killing curse would not kill the horcrux inside him b/c it doesnt kill horcruxes...so then wouldn't Voldemort still be alive

2)If Harry were still a horcrux...the second killing curse Voldemort hit him with in the Great Hall should have only knocked him out so Harry reallly did not need to fight back so much

3)In COS Harry was bitten by a basilisk...basilisk venom kills horcruxes...so shouldnt the horcrux have been killed there or would the pheonix tears had stopped in time...keep in minkd that the journel died rite away after being stabbed with the horcrux

Im like really confused rite now so if any1 has any corrections to my theory or arguments please post them
last edited on Jul 26, 2007 at 10:01PM

harry potter 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago kyoosuke said…
Hmm.... good point. I suppose the basilisk fang DID break the Horcrux (in this case, it's Harry). So Harry was 'broken' and 'damaged', but then Fawkes showed up and 'repaired' Harry with its tears. In doing so, Fawkes probably accidentally 'cured' Voldemort's soul as well, since pheonix is so powerful and miraculous.
I don't know, but good point, I think it's a glitch in the story.
over a year ago ecconitro said…
the reason you do not want to put a horocrux into a living thing is because when a living thing dies so does the horucrux. You don't need to use extreme dark magic.
over a year ago Flickerflame said…
It wasn't because Harry was a horcrux that he survived in the forest in book 7. It was because Voldemort had used his blood to revive himself. Doing that preserved some of Lily's sacrifice outside Harry's body, and protected him. It didn't protect the horcrux so that was still killed.
over a year ago CHAMPIONboy23 said…
I'm guessing that the killing curse didn't kill him in the Forbidden Forest because it was from Voldemort himself.
over a year ago LilyLunaCollins said…
I think that the killing curse only kills Horcruxes inside of living thigs, eg, Nagini, Harry... BTW, I think the pheonix tears healed Harry in time. And old Voldy, Baldy, Mouldy pants can't kill Harry cos in the Goblet Of Fire, It says, suddenly Harry thought he saw somethin like triumph gleam in Dumbledore's eye, but he next moment, dumbledore was looking as tired and weary as he was before, if not, even more so. Ok, so maybe that's not exactly what it said, but close enough.