harry potter contra crepúsculo 1000 Reasons Why Harry Potter Is Better Than Twilight

lauracullen66 posted on Aug 27, 2009 at 01:29PM
just start at one and see if you can get 1000

harry potter contra crepúsculo 54807 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 301-350 of 54807

over a year ago Hedwig11 said…
826. harry potter characters age emotionally.

827. harry potter characters age physically. (thank god, i would not want Harry and the gang to remain 11 forever)

828. Harry Potter Characters age hormonally. they don't like anyone at the age of 11 because puberty and hormones havn't kicked in yet. Then they kick in, and Harry likes Cho because shes hot. Then he learns to deal with them and likes Ginny because shes pretty and has a great personality.

829. The teachers in harry potter care about their students. You can tell that they want Harry to succeed and care about their student's futures.

830. There is a reason why the villains in Harry Potter are evil
voldemort-afraid of death, incapable of love
wormtail- is cowardly and unable to protect himself, so he seeks the protection of the powerful evil character
the malfoys- want protection form voldemort's wrath. were brought up to believe they were inherently better than everyone else b/c they're pure blood

831. Esme is described as motherly, but we see no real evidence of that. Mrs. Weasely doesn't even need to be described as motherly for us to know that she is.

832. In Harry Potter, school dances are depicted accurately: boring as hell.

833. In harry potter, the teachers actually teach the main characters something. They don't amazingly know it all already. And even if they did, how would they know what the test was over or what that teacher thought was most important????

834. The harry potter books skip trivial details such as bathing.

835. Bella feels pain, but you, as the reader, are not allowed a full understanding of that pain and how she got through it, because SMeyer isn't a good enough writer.

836. Characters are both good and evil in harry potter, not one or the other, as is the case in twilight.

837. Harry Potter has an extraordinarily popular musical based on it, and said musical is amazing.

838. JKR didn't turn off the grammar check when she was typing the harry potter series as Smeyer evidently did while writing twilight

839. Instead of trying to create one character that everyone can relate to (which btw is impossible), JKR created loads of characters that different people relate too.

840. I can't give 1 reasons why twilight deserves to be as popular as it is

841. Renesme, should not biologically exist.

842. I do not feel the urge to strangle the main character of harry potter. I cannot say the same for twilight.

843. Harry Potter characters are hot for their personalities as well as their looks.

844. I would want to live in the world JKR has created. I would not want to live in a world where sparkly vampires exist and practice genocide against the human population, even if about 10 of them are "vegetarian"

845. I spent the first 3 books imagining Edward with dark hair, only to have to keep reminding myself that it had said once or twice, that he had auburn *or whatever the crap color it is) hair.

846. JKR is intelligent. The same cannot be said of SMeyer.

847. There is a reason why Harry, Hermione, and Ron are all friends. The same cannot be said of the cullen "family"

848. When a minor character dies in Harry Potter, the main characters feel remorse. That doesn't happen when Irina dies in the 4th twilight book. I think this shows that the main characters in Harry potter are better people than those in twilight.

849. The final book of Harry Potter doesn't serve as a band-aid, hastily covering up and concealing all plot holes.

850. harry potter builds on past mythology. Twilight destroys it.
Bunhead19 commented…
830. and there is a reason voldemort can't love: cuz he was concieved under the effects of a amor potion, not true amor over a year ago
over a year ago dobbyssocks said…
819. no one is harry potter is perf Dumbldores ect. past, Ron walking out on harry, hagrid trusting quirll (DADA 1st), and even ollivander for telling Voldemort of the twin cores. I could go on but...
i was on page 12 mine was 851
852. The whole chapter of Snapes memories
853. how tom's diary ended up being a horcrux, even though it was just a book in the 2nd movie.

854. I dont know about anyone else but i dont want my 11 year old sister reading breaking dawn. I thought is was..... well.... you get my point

855. Bellatrix is the coolest witch ever. she could beat all the twilight people in about a min.
856. compare the hp last battle to the breaking dawn last battle, woooooow
smile
857. I am very confused still about the end in twilight, almost nothing had been explained

858. i love how cool all the house elfs were in the battle of hogwarts, stabbing peoples shins. lol

859. Harry Potter has love, thats what the book is all about, it just doesn't throw the love into your face (making you gag) unlike another book i know

860. the mythology in hp. from fluffy, to minerva, to sirius, to even the werewolfs. its all there

we have made it this far, lets keep going
Potterrocks112 commented…
yup, when I read there, I was like GOOOO KREACHER!!!!! (858) over a year ago
861. Most hp fans read the twilight books and hate them. Twilight fan read twilight and not hp.

862. belle is pathetic, twilght fans say she is just a human, but not many humans curl up in a ball waiting for some dude to protect her.

863. Harry doesnt need to be hot for someone to like him
863. if poelpe think there is no LOVE in harry potter they are crazy the whole thing is about love
that was 864. sry
865. i like how harry potter proves that there are mean people nice people, mean centaurs, nice centaurs, mean giants and nice giants.

866. how harry never killed anyone, voldemort killed himself, with the curse rebounding

867. How harry ask voldemort to feel remorse, he gave him the option

868. how dumbldore was in the 7th book, but was dead still, she didn't really bring anyone back to life. (the stone doesn't count, they never really come back.
over a year ago XDRoseLuvsHP said…
869. The main characters of Harry Potter are kind and respectful towards animals. The same cannot be said for Twilight.
last edited over a year ago
870. At Hogwarts, there are all different cliques. (ex. Gryffindors, Hufflepuffs, Ravenclaws, Slytherins, Quidditch Players, Popular Kids, Rich Folk, SPEW, Dumbledore's Army, Inquisitorial Squad, Mischeif Makers, Outcasts, Rebels, Bullies, Super Studiers, Overachievers, Fan Girls, the list goes on.) At Forks, how many cliques are there? Oh yeah, two; Popular Folks and Vampires, not to mention the fact that the two groups merge into one in the end.
871. vamps and werewolfs vs. wizards, witches, goblins, hippogriffs, warewolf, giants, therstrals, dementors, and cute animals. who is better?
over a year ago ParamorePotter said…
tongue
Lets go through every character:

872. Harry Potter- Nice, loyal, athletic, friend. Only wanted the best for the world Flaws: Not many, but; sometimes, only when mad, throws fits

873. edward cullen- Beautiful... um, beautiful. wait i forgot, beautiful. Left his girlfriend Flaws: None, because he's just perfect!(in sarcastic voice)

wow, who's more likeable? HARRY! who do we think is an annoying perfect robot who will eventually get bombed? EDWARD!
over a year ago LilysLittleTwin said…
874. How all the school houses came together in the end to defeat the Death Eaters. (Yes, I am listening to 'Gryffindor Rally Cry', how did you know?)Gryffindors (duh), Ravenclaws, Hufflepuffs, and good Slytherins. I like that.

875. It makes a better story if the protangonist was abused and neglected by his relatives while still having to defeat the antagonist with love.

876. Harry looked forward to his birthday, like a normal person.

877. If someone attacked just one Weasley or a good-guy in general, they would have to deal with the wrath of everyone. AHH! THAT'S RIGHT, YOU'D BETTER RUN YOU LITTLE WEINER!

878. Unlike Twilight, in Harry Potter, the crying, sensitive, wussy character is not the main character. (I mean Myrtle [if you don't know who she is you're an idiot]).

879. Ron, Fred, and George flew the freaking car over to rescue Harry from the Dursleys. No question of worry and friendly love.

880.(woo!) The fact that Harry can juggle: saving the world, Quidditch, school, and relationships, and whatever else might pop up.
881. the fact that harry let wormtail live, even when he found out he had helped kill his parents.

882. how cedric and harry decided to share the gory of winning.

883. how kind harry and cedric were together even though the we going against each other

884. seeing how cedric and edward are both played by the same person, which is better

885. how harry protected the durslys even though he didn't like them

886. even though harry had a rough life he wasn't always depressed and moody
887. Bella jumps of a cliff and myers seams to think that is a good thing

888. how JKR bring everyone back into the final battle (even wood)

889. how harry knows not to keep a three hallows

890. how harry still wanted to help the ugly creature after he had been killed. (the part of voldemort)

891. how there are good sylitherins (tonkes mon and snape) and bad giffindores (peter petigrew)

892. how you have to acully think while read the books.

893. How in twilight you we sad that jacob saved bella when she jumped off the cliff.

894. bella is supppppper boring in new moon.

895. how edward gets mad at jacob because bella broke HER hand

896. edward= creeptacular

897. hermione can give up a guy she likes (ron)

898. luna is weird but loyal

899. snape snape seveus snape (dumbldore!)

900. WE ARE ONLY 100 WAY FROM 1000, LET GO HP FANS.
smile
887. In HP 5 when Sirius died and harry and dumbledore were talking, i was crying my eyes out. I completly could put myself in his position of losing a family member. Whereas in Twilight, I didn't feel emotion because Love at first sight, really isn't all too likely.

888- Luna lovegood, needless I say more? She is spunky, and creative. Alice, sure she's bubbly, but she's just a boring character.

889- Twilight is just showing that you don't need friends, just get a good bf. wtf? I think the opposite.

890- vampires are strong, fast, and shiny. Wizards can do so many more things (sorry, i say things and stuff a lot.)
blush
oops i guess the next person should be 905. I was 901, 902, 903 and 904.
905. If someone asked me what characters we could take away from Twilight to barely change the books, I would have LOTS of options. Whereas for HP, there are none! We need everyone down to Mundungus Fletcher!
905. if twiligth fan think hp doesnt have love they are crazy. the whole story is about love, how LOVE saved harry, how LOVE is stronger than evil, how LOVE will always live
opps mine was 906.
907. bella is always talking about thing that i could care less, in hp everything is inportant
908. in the twilight movies, all i need to say is one word... sparkle
909. people say twilight is like a modern Romeo and juliet. but both them end up dead. no good guys die in twilight
910. you can tell JKR worked super hard on hp

911. you can tell myers didnt

912. what are shape-shifters

913. harry potter has good moral lessons
i needs some help im running out of stuff
914. In Harry Potter, you have little details throughout the books that seem pointless at first, but all come together to be extremely important in the end, whereas in Twilight, the little details seem pointless because they are pointless, unimportant, uninteresting.
914. ron made mistakes but fixed them

915. Who made mistakes in twilight
opps mine was 916
917. some people are only mentioned once in the TS
917. Bella has no life. At all. Whatsoever. Motorcycling and cliff diving do not count because she only did those things to hear voices in her head, she didn't actually like them (another example of her using Jacob for her own selfish purposes). Harry, on the other hand, plays Quidditch, has friends, makes mischeif, saves the world, etc.
oops 918
Harry doesnt need outside beauty, but it is a plus
that was 919
919. (inspired by the above) Harry looked out for all of his friends. Even Draco! While Bella just chews up and spits out her friends and expects them to be faithful should she need them.

920. I made a point on how Twilight doesn't have any parental love, and someone said 'Carlisle/Esme' WTF? Isn't parental love like Sirius/Harry? Please tell me if I'm wrong.

921. Not really a reason, but: The HP fandom has survived LotR, Wizard of Oz (I think there was some comparison going on), religeous persecution, and it had to compete with the classics. There's no question of how great it is. Oh, look! A mathmatical equation: Harry Potter>Wizard of Oz>poop>Twilight. :D

922. I'd rather read the story of a teenage wizard that has to save the world than the diary of a pathetic Edward-holic any day. Wouldn't you?

923. SMeyer was already planning who would be cast as who before she even wrote Twilight. Over-confident much?
925. the characters change in hp

926. no characters change in the TS

over a year ago DracoLove777 said…
laugh
924. My friend didn't really like Harry Potter and thought it was stupid. I got her to see Half-Blood Prince with me. She loved it and said she coulnd't wait to see Deathly Hallows. I, honestly, am seeing New Moon because I heard A)Bella ALMOST dies like 50 times and B)Edward has a seizure.

925. There are so many surprises in HP. Who would have expected Harry to risk his life to save DRACO MALOFY!!! BASICALY HIS BIGGEST ENEMY! IN THE END THE MALFOYS WERE GOOD!!! WHO EXPECTED THAT??? I DIDN'T!

926. The fact that HP fans have gotten just 73 reasons and still going away from their goal and Twilight fans have gotten about... 999? reasons away from their goal should be enough.

927. We have Bellatrix Lestrange! You can't beat that!
927. JKR also has all of these cool shops wihth there own names, and new places

928. ron saves harry, harrry saves ron, Hermione saves harry, harry saves hermione, how cool

929. JKR shoes how much a rekless preankers can care too

(when we get to 1000 will we try to go further?)
next person is 934
934. the fact that we made it this far
over a year ago SmashtheRadio said…
heart
935. Some Twilight fans say they are more deicated, but I think they got 'deicated' mixed with 'rapid and crazy'. HP fans are WAY more dedicated.

936. It didn't take JK less than/around a year to write each book, which is why they are better.

937. Each HP movies aren't coming out a year between each other, which is why the movies are better

(Seriouly, the nesxt Twilight movie is coming out in July next year WTF? That just seems to soon for it to be any good)

Potterrocks112 commented…
rapid lol over a year ago
over a year ago Kersian said…
link

Read it people, it's a point in what I think now about this whole Twilight vs Harry Potter situation
938. I got 5 raving reviews for my story 'Harry Potter vs. Twilight: The Epic Battle'. And just in case you didn't know, HP triumphs! (fanfiction.net same username)

939. (Again, not really a reason but...) It's too easy to make fun of the fans. 'Bite me' is my favorite.

940. It's so easy to fall in love with the characters even when they where mean to the protagonist. Draco has a lot of fangirls, and I'm a fan of Sev. I'm also Team Bellatrix because she is just that awesome.

941. Not everyone on the good side likes the protagonist: Severus, Ernie M., etc.

942. SMeyer completely ruined any anti's life if they live in Forks.

943. Sometimes, Twitards can't even spell 'Twilight'. While anti's can. Odd much?

944. You do not have to be on crack to like HP.

945. If you absolutely have to be a fangirl, there's more choice. Draco, Harry, Ron, Siri, Sev, Fred, George, Bill, Moony, Cedric, I could go on forever.

946. Twilight has got absolutely no humor, observe. Professor Trelawney: The study of Divination will give you the rare gift of SIGHT! (stands up, and promptly bumps into her table.) That's not funny...how?

(Also:Wow, maybe the Twitards' misspellings can be good sometimes. I can finally agree with them on something. He is an Edwad.)
link
Is a reason in itself.

948. I stayed up until four in the morning reading HP. I couldn't wait for an excuse to stop reading Twilight.

949. Most twitards seem to forget that 'EDWARD IS SOOOOOO HAWT!1!! I LUVS HIM!!1! HE IZZ MINE!!1!' Is not a reason for liking the books.
950. JKR's website does not berate her fans over something that is not within their control.
Lily's little twin about #920

I think the parental love in harry potter is better sited through James's, Lily's, Tonks's, Lupin's, and mr and mrs Longbottom's willingness to die for their children, as well as through the characters of Molly and Arthur Weasley.

Sirius was a great god-father, and a generally kick-ass character, but I think he viewed Harry as too much of a replacement for James for his love for Harry to be classified as parental.

50 more to go!!!!
951. Smeyer says that fans who ask questions are "reading too much into it"... um.... we're readers thats kinda what we're supposed to do.
over a year ago RealSunshine said…
952.ok,I'll try
In Hp magic exists,and in Ts the cullen family has no magic,they have only abilities.