Okay, for the past two months I have steadily grown addicted to this website. Maybe it's all the free time I have these days, or maybe it's just I have an addictive personaily. It could of course be that this website is pure brilliance and I constantly think about it. Does that make me sad? No way! Because I can bet I'm not the only one. So here's a checklist of how to know when you've crossed the line between fanpop-addict, and totally-crazy. :)
1. You form an opinion on something and think "I'm going to immediately make a pick about this"...and then the rest of your plan for the dia goes out of the window because you have to get the imagens just right.
2. Similarly, you find the need to constantly take a vote on everything. "Ok, who wants to change the channel on the TV? Right, now does anyone want to add a comment to their vote?"
3. You rate things at home. People's new hairstyles, work you've done, meals that people cook, every episode of things you see on TV...
4. You start to use "I'm a fã of..." in everyday conversation way too much. "You know, I'm a real fã of manteiga de amendoim and salt-and-vinegar crisp sandwiches... I wonder if there's a spot on it..."
5. You give the people around you imaginary props for aleatório things. "Grandma, you make the best chocolate-chip biscoitos, cookies ever. Props for the cookies"
6. You actually wonder what your fanpop fãs are up to in realworld, and you consider them some of your best friends. You actually ask all your real-world friends what their lema is, because most of your fanpop-friends have them, why the hell shouldn't they?
7. You have answered every single pick on your fan-spots, and continue to re-load them just to check if the balance has changed. If your vote isn't winning, you feel actual anger that you take out on your keyboard por determedly typing an opinion-comment on the pick explaining just why YOU'RE RIGHT. :)
8. When someone gives you props, or adds you to their fanlist, votes for you on a favourite-users pick, comments your picks etc - you're happy for the rest of the day, even if your house just burned down or you've just killed someone or something...
9. You read an artigo in a magazine/newspaper and you want to comment and rate it, forgetting of course that not all artigos are soapbox, and you can't actually do it. You then feel very upset :(
10. You remain throuroughly convinced that fanpop WILL become the biggest thing ever, and reccomend the website to everyone you know. You envision a time in the future when everyone is as crazy about fandoms as you are, and your friends will stop hitting you around the head and saying "If you mention fanpop one mais time I will throw you through the window"
...and I've only been here two months. God help people who've been here longer!