fanpop Etiquette GG, SATC,HIMYM, GA...WTF ?

germany123 posted on Jan 12, 2008 at 07:35PM
Since none of us really like repeat picks
link
Please remember to always make your picks searchable.
If you are a fan of e.g. "How I met your Mother"- I understand that it gets a little Bart Simpson like...but only searchable content is useful content!
And while we are on the subject:
The same thing applies to videos and images. Proper Keywords (don't only use the ones already there) makes other fans find your contributions to rate and comment. Also, put keywords that have something to do with the pictures or videos content. The better and more accurate you write the easier it will get for the sites searchengine. That way fans who are looking for a specific picture don't have to work through 150 pages of searchresults that are all only tagged with the name of an actor.

harold,should this be here or in the soapbox!? i wasn't sure..
last edited on Jan 12, 2008 at 09:11PM

fanpop Etiquette 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago harold said…
Wherever you like it, of course. I think they're all good points - tags are extremely important.
over a year ago hooch-is-crazy said…
thats my pick up there. what are the chances? i'm finally famous!
over a year ago harold said…
I only realized now, reading Shandiii's comment, that I'd been misreading the original post. I'd read it as meaning "search for a pick before posting one" so you don't make duplicates. But now I'm not sure if that was what was meant...?
over a year ago germany123 said…
what i mean was that if you use "insider" abbreviations it makes it harder to find content.
i tried this with a question i KNEW i would get results for...
link
(yep the reason i unsubscribed from that spot- my guilty pleasure show..;))

pretty accurate

But had someone asked
"on GG who is prettier queen B or S?"
you probably wouldnt find that pick.

this was in response to a lot of abbreviations on spots (like the ones mentioned in the title).
(of COURSE you have to search before posting a pick :D)

but abbreviations in titles make it harder for others to find content. I use them in comments but try to avoid them when posting links,picks etc
last edited over a year ago
i unsubscribed for that reason..and from greys anatomy. my updates just got spammed...( oh and the endless same scenes over and over merder/chair fanvids..barf!)thing is that people post so much content for themselves ( i.e. i want a medal lets add lots of stuff) and not for other users ( i.e. i love this show lets make fanpop the best resource around to find info on it) i might have put an insider in a headline before but generally if people are just discovering a show and dont know all the insider language yet its not a lot of fun to browse the spot when its all coded information.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Praesse said…
I get what you're saying about show spots and people adding couples vids there, but i don't find it wrong to add them in the couple spot... Now is it?
over a year ago aholic said…
If you make a spot for couples, just be sure that the picks and videos aren't in the other spot for the show.

I can't see the problem in making a spot for a couple. Pictures of a couple kissing can be annoying to look at all the time in the spot for the show. The one for the couple can be about that.
we werent saying you shouldnt add them shandiii and i just agreed we didnt care much for fan vids- and its even worse when someone uploads 20 badly made shipping vids with horrible songs...it feels like spam at times
over a year ago aholic said…
Yeah some people just do that to earn medals.