Eurovision Song Contest Eurovision 2008

aholic posted on May 22, 2008 at 08:18PM
Now where we have heard all the songs, which do you like and what song is just lame? Have you found your own winner or do you have a guess who could win?

Eurovision Song Contest 34 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago aholic said…
I really like all of them! I love that most of them sing in their own language because it shows so much more culture. I especially like Portugal, Ukraine, Macedonia, Bulgaria and yeah I loove all of them! Especially Croatia! I think that they might win. My sister thinks that the pirate song from Latvia might win.

There is one song I think is lame though. The Danish one. You can't remember is because it's so boring and the text is almost the same!

Oh yeah Georgia's and Albania's song is cool too. I'm so gonna buy the CD.
last edited over a year ago
The Icelandic song has been so popular in Denmark actually. The Swedish also sounds familiar.
France and Spain are funny too.
You know what I love them all so I'm not gonna say them all!
over a year ago HB-haha said…
wat about Ireland????
over a year ago spluq said…
Yeah, Dustin The Turkey is funny :D
Congratulations for Ukraine, Croatia, Albania, Iceland, Georgia, Denmark (Congratulations for your country, Aholic), Sweden, Latvia, Turkey and Portugal :D:D:D:D
I still hate the Danish song but it's just funnier when your own country is in the final.
over a year ago dazl said…
I'm not bothered about Eurovision now that Dustin is out of it. I just wanted to see how far he got.
over a year ago eisai_xazo said…
What about the Greek song?
What about it?
what do you think?do you like it?
over a year ago someonelikeme said…
does anyone here like the romanian song?
Yeah I like bits of it. I also like bits of the Romanian song :) My vote is going to Croatia though.
over a year ago jonaxh said…
my favorite one is portugal!!! she has an amazing voice!!! it's just fantastic! I also like iceland, sweden, albania and denmark!
Yeah, Portugal is great song, but I can't vote. If I can vote, my vote is going to Portugal :D

Greek song is nothing special.

I don't like romanian song.
My vote is either going for Iceland or Croatia. Come on, Croatia's song is funny and still cool.
Iceland ?! :| It is not good song (In my opinion)
Well it's been popular here in Denmark so I think about party every time I hear it. It's pretty much the same music that's popular here.
over a year ago toaster said…
so dustin of Ireland was throwing out,But i have to say with anger,the song weather it was good or bad, Was repesenting a country and should have not BEING BOOED BY THE LOW LIFES IN THE CROWED.eurovision is gone a (JOKE)block voting,the so called 4 buy my way in to the song contest no matter were i come in the voteing. P.S the big so called four are uk, germany, france, spain,jjjjjjoooooookkkkkkkkkeeeeeeeee.
Yeah I think the big four is kinda ridiculous. It's mostly fair if they make space for 1 more country every time they take 2 in. Then there wouldn't be so many countries not going further because maybe I like all from the 1. semifinal and none from the 2.
Congratulations to Russia who won for the first time in history followed by Ukraine and Greece. Norway was highest the western country as number 5.

It's again proven that friends vote for each other. Just take Denmark that voted like this: Sweden 8, Norway 10 and Iceland 12. Same thing for the Yugoslavian countries but that's just how the show has become. Good or bad? I think it has been better.
I personally think that the countries in the middle was best.
over a year ago othgirl_peyton said…
i am happy Russia won! i hoped he will win altough the song Never let you go(the song with which he represented Russia in year 2006) is better imo!

i personally wanted Norway to win the most (then Russia)! the melody from Norway song was in my head the whole day!

and of course everything is politics and neighbour countries vote for each other there is nothing we can do! hopefully that will change soon!
over a year ago othgirl_peyton said…
i am also disappointed Iceland didnt get more votes! i really liked that song!
I voted for Iceland, Georgia and Croatia.
over a year ago always23forever said…
i wanted UKRAINE to win!!!i liked Greece also but no one compares with Helena Paparizou(winner Kiev 2005)
Viva Helena!!!!!
I voted for Armenia, Portugal and Georgia :D Congratulation Russia :]
over a year ago RainbowGeek819 said…
I LOVED THE LATVAI SONG

Its a high high ho and a high high hey XD
Stemmefordeling ved Eurovision Song Contest 2008
1. plads: Rusland (272 points)
2. plads: Ukraine (230 points)
3. plads: Grækenland (218 points)
4. plads: Armenien (199 points)
5. plads: Norge (182 points)
6. plads: Serbien (160 points)
7. plads: Tyrkiet (137 points)
8. plads: Azerbaijan (132 points)
9. plads: Israel (124 points)
10. plads: Bosnien & Herzegovina (110 points)
11. plads: Georgien (83 points)
12. plads: Letland (83 points)
13. plads: Portugal (69 points)
14. plads: Island (64 points)
15. plads: Danmark (60 points)
16. plads: Albanien (55 points)
16. plads: Spanien (55 points)
18. plads: Sverige (47 points)
18. plads: Frankrig (47 points)
20. plads: Rumænien (45 points)
21. plads: Kroatien (44 points)
22. plads: Finland (35 points)
23. plads: Storbritannien (14 points)
23. plads: Polen (14 points)
23. plads: Tyskland (14 points)

Sorry that it's in Danish but you might understand it anyway
over a year ago dimitrio7 said…
hello to everyone! iam disappointed from the way that countries win eurovision.for example this year. 5 of 7 countries that give 12points to russia were estonia, belarus, ukraine, latvia, lithuania. countries who belong to russia couple years ago.the same with ukraine who won enough points from these "friendly" countries...
the 3rd winner of eurovision, greece take 1 of 6 12points from only friendly country cyprus. so if we do not count the gifts from friendly countries the results would be different and the greece should have won this competition. if you have different opinions i would like to hear them... sorry if someone doesn't like this comment but that's the true.
you're right dimitri,i agree with you...bravo!!!!!
Bravo dimitrio7 :D
over a year ago api said…
I'm greek, but i didn't like our song, it was kinda lame... we didn't deserve the third place... The song i preferred was Azerbaijan. It was original and the singers' voices were stunning!