dragon ball z Gohan becoming weak

GOTEN70 posted on Mar 31, 2012 at 05:40AM
One thing I never got why they made Gohan weaker after the cell saga. Any ideas why?

dragon ball z 3 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Bery said…
You mean why he didn't train? Because that is one of the differences between not only Goku and Gohan, but between the pure Saiyans and the half-saiyans half-earthlings as well, the pure Saiyans have an instinct for fighting and combat that while still present in some degree on the half-saiyans it is clearly not as strong and dominant in their personality.

Basically, Gohan didn't train after he defeated Cell because he didn't really want to. If you think about it, the only times Gohan has really trained was for the specific purpose of protecting the Earth. The Z warriors had a warning for the Saiyan invasion so Gohan trained (at first forced by Piccolo, but then he did it by his own will), then they had a warning for the Androids so Gohan trained again, and then Cell came along and Gohan trained one last time, this time without warning notice but with the benefit of the Hyperbolic Time Chamber. It's never been a secret that he doesn't care much for fighting, so he never trains hard just for fun.

Note: You could say that Goten and kid-Trunks being half-saiyans showed way more interest in fighting than Gohan at their age, but in their case I thought it seemed to come more from childish stamina and troublesome mentality (which Gohan didn't have much of when he was a kid) rather than an inherent personality trait like in the case of pure Saiyans. I base this opinion on future-Trunks, who definitely didn't seem to be that interested in fighting just for fun.
over a year ago GOTEN70 said…
I realize that but influence from parents had a major role in gohans attitude towards fighting, chi chi did anything stop Gohan from fighting but encouraged Goten. I think in my opinion chi chi is to blame
over a year ago GOTEN70 said…
I just think if goku would have raised Gohan the way he wanted he Deff would have been possibly the greatest fighter in the DBZ universe