detective conan The Boss of the Black Organization

dcsite posted on Jul 13, 2010 at 03:43AM
As I mentioned in other forum topics, in my opinion, Okiya Subaru is indeed Akai Shiuchi and "Scar Akai" is Bourbon. Today, I'd like to discuss some hints as to who I think is the boss of the Black Organization.
The first three facts I will list are sourced from The Case Closedjavascript:mox(); Casebook: An Essential Guide. The book claims that Gosho Aoyama has said:

The Name of "That Person" has already appeared in the manga in some form. This could imply, and makes it likely that this person is a frequently appearing person, setting off rumors as logical and as silly as can be.
Haibara would be shocked. By this, we can imply :
the boss is close to Ai.
this could mean she does not expect the character to be able to be the boss becauase:
The person seems useless: Can't seem to do anything at all
The person seems weak: This person is not strong or powerful to what the idea of the boss may seem like
The person seems stupid: This person does not seem to have the brains to run an organization (The first people that comes to mind are Kogoro and Yamamura ;))
The job/occupation does not make it seem like he/she is the boss: A police officer, an FBI/CIA agent, etc...
The boss is a relative: Because it's Haibara we're talking about, this fits into the "thought to have been dead" category, since her whole family is dead.
The boss is related to a protagonist: Although unlikely, maybe something as random as Shinichi's mom or Genta's dad could end up being the boss...?
The person seems too young (a child perhaps?): If so, maybe the boss has shrunk his/herself into a child...
The person seems to old (a 90 year old grandpa? ): I have no clue why it would be this, unless you considered Dr. Agasa, but he's only 50 years old anyways, so he's not old... but that doesn't mean I'm excluding Dr. Agasa as a possibility, only from this category, since he's not old...
The person was thought to have been dead: Perhaps the dead are not truly dead after all.... (I'm not just talking about Akai Shiuchi.)
The True Name of the Syndicate is tied to the Identity of the Leader: Knowing Aoyama though, the name is most likely not direct. More than likely it is multiple words poetically used to leave a large hint as to who the boss of the Organization is.
Now, some facts that have been featured in the series already:
The Song "Nanatsu No Ko" is used to contact the Boss of the Organization: The Song "Nanatsu No Ko", which has been translated to seven baby crows, seven children, and seven year old child, is the contact for the Boss:
Lyrics:
karasu, naze naku no
Crow, why do you cry?

karasu wa yama ni
kawaii nanatsu no ko ga iru kara yo
Because it has 7 cute kids in the mountain

kawaii kawaii to
karasu wa naku no
crow cries "kawaii - kawaii"

kawaii kawaii to naku n da yo
"kawaii - kawaii", it cries

yama no furusa e itte mite goran
marui me o shita ii ko da yo
Go to its old home at the mountain,
and you will see its round-eyed, lovely kids

The song, which uses the notes Si la so la Si la so la re mi re do re mi so la for the beginning, have brought Conan to discover the boss' e-mail. This says that the boss is from or has lived in Japan for a long time, since only Japan commonly knows this song.
The boss uses alcoholic codenames for members: Maybe the boss likes alcohol, or maybe the boss relates alcohol to death or darkness, something the Organization is known for. It's also obviously used to cover up their real names.
The Boss makes the Members wear black: The black Organization is known for wearing black like crows, maybe having some connection with the Nanatsu No Ko song. Black is known to be a mysterious color that can hide things, and keep things hidden in the shadows, also known as the color of death to some, which may be a symbol. Black also can make people stand out less, well, that is, if they don't wear too much black.
The Boss seems to have a lot of knowledge on mysteries: Passwords and codes in the organization have a lot to do with mysteries, for example, the password Sherringford, one of the names Sir Arthur Conan Doyle considered before deciding on Sherlock Holmes. Maybe the boss enjoys mysteries and puzzles, or maybe he/she knows a detective or mystery freak...
The boss takes extreme caution: When it comes down to it, the boss tends to be extremely careful in what he/she does. Even Vermouth noted this in file 704
Vermouth is the Boss' favorite: She gets independence in what she does because of this. But why Vermouth? She's the one who helps Conan and Ran, and seems to even want the Organization destroyed possibly, as she seems happy every time Conan does something that hurts the Organization. Is it because she never ages? Probably not. What about the fact she has sympathy for Conan? This is a killing, evil organization who's secrets can not be revealed no matter what it takes, so no. Also, the boss tends to control Gin a lot, even though Gin will be so loyal and ruthless when it comes to killing, never having mercy and always secretly finishing the job.
The Boss fears Akai Shiuchi. He calls Akai the silver bullet. He knows Akai can take down the Organization easily if he wanted to. Although, now that I think about it... Vermouth also believes the Organization has weak points, whereas Gin believes the Organization will never die... could that be a reason?
The Organization Is pretty old. Twenty years ago, Vermouth was working for them. Some translations of episodes 130 and 131 have even shown Haibara saying the Organization is over 50 years old. What does that mean? That means one of two options: The boss is over 68 (seeing that no child would run an evil Organization, so more than likely the boss would start at a minimum of 18 years old), or the Organization has had more than one boss, which seems more likely, although nobody has mentioned this (but we barely know anything about anyone anyways)
Some quick Organization notes:
The Black Organization created the APTX 4869 (Atsushi and Elena Miyano were the first who were told to try to create it, Haibara eventually created it)
They have a strong science field
They are tied with computer programming
Someone likes mysteries and Holmes
Computer virus Night Baron
Some members have very public jobs, such as acting.
They're obsessed with finding traitors
They usually kill people and make it look like suicide or natural death
They love guns
they have alcoholic code names
They wear black
Akai refers to them as wolves.
Akai is their weak point
Vermouth believes Conan is their other weak point
They have connections in America
They commonly blackmail people
They trick people into believing they're someone else then kill them
Vermouth's the favorite
Gin is a little too loyal.
So, who do I believe the boss of the Organization is? I won't leave an opinion (though I have a few theories of my own), but you should try leaving an opinion in the comments. Even if it's just anonymous, that's great!
Tell Us who you think the boss is!

detective conan 10 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Thern said…
For some reason I strongly believe that Dr. Agasa is the boss, but after reading this I'm starting to suspect other people than him. i guess we'll never know till he is revealed
over a year ago dumytru said…
Well , one thing I noticed .. but I still don't get why Conan didn't noticed it (maybe because at the time he was concerned about the BO member)... well here is it
In DC episode 495 when Conan calls Ran she tells him that Eisuke head his father calling the mail adress that is actually the adress of the BO's boss ...
nanatsu no ko
even though Conan is 7 yeas old .. that might be juct coincidence (i just imagined conan sains "tama tama guzen" =)) )
Well there is o posibility that BO's boss never ages , just like Vermouth ... but if the boss is already introduced , I would say that he was probably introduced in the early episodes ...

also Mitsuhiko is kinda perceptive and smart for a 7 years old kid , but the thing that maker me suspect him a bit more, 5% maybe , is that in the episode with Detective Boys , the (incompetente) jewel robber and the restaurant , Mitsuhiko sais is just like a Sherloko Holmes story ..

well for a 7 years old child , to know about a certain story of Sherlok Holmes and to link it to the reality is kinda too much

(not to mention that he must know other stories , it would be too much coincidence that he would only know about that specific story)

in the end I don't thing he is , but there sure is a posibility ,
also I don't think Agasa is the boss

After all Agasa's name is Hiroshi =)) , leaving out hi , it is "ro" and "shi" , and that reading backwards is sais shiro (which means WHITE , oposing the BLACK ;) )

yet I can't get out of my head that the boss is somehow related to CIA , maybe a actual / former member .... well this case surely is too much mysterious,... and I like that :)
over a year ago happyconanFan said…
angry
I'm tired of thinking about that it's complex
over a year ago happyconanFan said…
so everyone suspect except conan
and those people who appeared in the manga
and who is bourbon
over a year ago James1R1Mori said…
Mabye the boss is Sharon Vineyard the real on if you know what i mean like Vermoths mom but then she disappeared and vermoth took her place LOL
over a year ago roxifoxi1000 said…
wink
WELL. PEOPLE START LEAVNG THE SUBJECT OF BOURBON CUZ IF U READ CHAPTER 824 OF THE MANGA YOULL KNOW THAT BOURBON IS TOORU AMURO. ANYWAY IF U DONT BELIEVE ME, CHECK OUT DETECTIVE CONAN WIKI OF THE DETECTIVE CONAN WORLD WEBSITE.

ANYWAY, BACK TO ANOKATA(THE B.O BOSS).....

WELL AS WE ALL KNOW,THE BOSS MUST LIKE DETECTIVES AND MYSTERY. HE ALSO HAS A CONNECTION TO CROWS AND THINGS LIKE THAT. IT CANT BE THE DETECTIVE BOYS CUZ IN SOME FLASHBACK THEY APPEARED AS SOME INNOCENT 2 YEAR OLDS, AND IF U TELL ME "MAYBE THE BOSS AS ALREADY SHRUNKEN AT THAT TIME" U ARE WRONG. WHY??? BECAUSE IF ANOKATA HAD ALREADY SHRUNKEN AT THAT TIME HE WOULD HAVE TOLD HIS MEMBERS TO NOT TO USE THE APTX4869 TO KILL PEOPLE.

IT CANT BE HAKASE SINCE HE ALREADY KNEW CONANS SECRET. BESIDES IF U SEE EP 345, WHEN SHINICHI FELLS SLEEP IN VERMOUTHS CAR AND HAKASE HEARS THAT HIS HEARTBEAT SLOWS (I THINK THATS WHAT HAPPENED) HE SCREAMS WORRIED: "SHIIIINIIIICHIII!!!!!!" AND HE'S ALONE IN HIS CAR SO IT CANT BE HIM. AND IF HE CANT ALSO BE ANOKATA CAUSE LIKE HE IS AN INVENTOR AND THE BOSS NEVER DOES THE DIRTY WORK.....WELL HOPE YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.

I AM NOT SURE HE IS KOGORO MORI. BECAUSE LOL, FOR MORE STUPID ANOKTA ACTS***,
HE WOULD HAVE LOOKED MORE INTERESTED IN WHY*** DOES HE KEEP SLEEPING IN CASES. BSIDES, WHY TO ACT TOO* STUPID IF ALMOST NO ONE KNOWS ABOUT THE B.O. EVEN THOUGHT MAYBE HE COULD BE IN MY SUSPECT LIST.

SO FAR I ALREADY HAVE A COUPLE OF SUSPECTS (KOGORO IS ALSO ONE OF THEM).

HATTORI HEIZO (HEIJI'S DAD!!!)

OTAKI GORO (IF U DONT KNOW HIM JUST GO TO THE WIKI)

SHIRATORI NINZABURO

KUDO YUUSAKU

MOURI KOGORO

BLACK JAMES(?)

CHIEF HAKUBA (SAGUURU HAKUBA'S DAD)

CHAKI SHINTARO (?)

INSPECTOR YUMINAGA

MATSUMOTO KINOYAMA (YEAH AM CRZY)

TOYAMA GINSHIRO (KAZUHA'S FATHER!!!)

YAMATO KANSUKE (YUP THERE ARE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO CAN BE HIM)

CAMPBELL FUSAE (FINALLY A FEMALE!!!! IF U DONT KNOW HER ASK AGASA)

ARAIDE TOMOAKI

OKINO YOKO (POOR KOGORO. I STILL KINDA*** THINK IT'S HER >:D)

KUROBA TOICHI (MAYBE PEOPLE!!!!!! MAYBE!!!!!!)

AOKO'S MOM (......)

AKAKO'S MOM(SHE COULD BE ONE OF THE SUSPECTS FOR THE BOSS OF MAGIC KAITO'S EVIL ORGANIZATION, LIKE AOKO'S.)

SORRY IF THE LIST WAS TOO LONG (AND WIZ WEIRD NAMES!!!! EVEN THROUGH I THINK ONE OF THOSE NAMES MAYBE THE BOSS OF THE B.O'S NAME)

REMEMBER!!!!!! AM NOT SURE WHO THE BOSS IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT MIGHT*** BE ONE OF THEM!!!!!!!!

over a year ago roxifoxi1000 said…
big smile
PLIZ READ THE COMMENT ABOVE!!!!
over a year ago artlee1820 said…
Since the boss is someone familiar with Sherlock maybe it is Yusaku Kudo. He is calm enough.
over a year ago mohammed146 said…
Superman vs Black Organization!

Superman will fight The Black Organization and uncover their boss!
last edited over a year ago
 super-homem vs Black Organization! super-homem will fight The Black Organization and uncover their boss!
over a year ago Shin111 said…
meh
Umm...My suspects for the BO boss or Anokata:

Jinpei Matsuda(maybe he faked his death)
Wataru Date(same as Matsuda)
Sato's dad(possibly the same as the first 2 I mentioned)
Heiji's grandfather(Heiji might get a heart attack)
Kogoro
Genta or Mitsuhiko
Megure
Shiratori
Ayanokoji Fumimaro
Kansuke
Komei
Ginshiro Toyama
Goro Otaki(also a suspect on being Vodka)
Hiroshi Agasa
Sonoko
Yusaku or Heizo
Yukiko or Shizuka
Shukichi Haneda
Sera
Hakuba Saguru(100% possible)
Nakamori Ginzo
Tomoaikido(I always call Araide by it)
Heiji or Shinichi(0% possible)

Sorry if I suspect Kudos and Hattoris.It's OK,Heiji and Shinichi are 0% possible,but as for the other 4,possible.Got Saguru as 100% possible to be Anokata

Note:The other 4 refers to Yusaku,Heizo,Shizuka and Yukiko.

Ginshiro:why me?!!!!!!!!!
Kogoro:why me?!!!!!!!!!!
Ginshiro:Who yer copying?!
Kogoro:Who you're copying?!
Ginshiro:Ya really want to.....
Kogoro:You really want to.....
Ginshro and Kogoro:FEEL A PUNCH FROM MY FISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(shouts at each other and punches each other)
Stop it,you grizzly bears!
Ginshiro and Kogoro:Who are grizzly bears?!(both shouted at me and punched me)
Gomen nasai.......

The fight is so grizzly that I got punched......