Damon & Elena ALL ELENA

loveofdelena posted on Aug 15, 2014 at 05:00PM
Since I created a page for our lovely Damon, I think it's only fair to created one for our fave heroine. Discuss Elena to your hearts content. Everything from her life to her lovelife.

Damon & Elena 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago loveofdelena said…
heart
I feel that I needed to create this page because she more than deserves it. This is a girl who has been through some of the most traumatic experiences that a young girl can ever go through. She has lost family members, her best friend, and the love of her life all in the space of five years. And yet, she is still standing, and still manages to get up in the morning. So my utter respect to Elena gilbert. She is a true heroine in every way. Luv u Elena!! <3333
cahe64 commented…
Glad to see an Elena page as well. She deserves mais credit than she gets. Can't imagine what she went through...emotionally and physically, at such a young age. But she is still strong. Our warrior princess <3 over a year ago
over a year ago HaleyDewit said…
OMG! Where do I even begin? I love this girl so so much! To the point where I will call my first born girl (if ever i'm so lucky) Elena :) She's my idol :) I look up to her, you have no idea. I once cut and and dyed my hair like hers from late season 4, and I'm growing my hair now to do it again, but better. I even sort of copied her clothing style with the the short boots and the dresses. I also have the vervain necklace, and her earrings from Dangerous Liaisons.

I will never understand the hating this girl has to endure from the fans. She's literally lost everyone she loved. Granted, Jeremy and Ric returned, but still, she had to go through that crippling agonizing pain. And she stood tall. She remained fierce and strong. IRL, those kind of people are a rarity, because I live in a world where a small cut is reason enough to open up the water gates. People call her boring? Well, I call her inspiring. Those episodes where she was possessed by Katherine, I could barely endure them.
Oh, and the episode where Katherine takes full control over Elena's body? I didn't have to work the day after, so I could watch it live. I was watching it in my room, but my sister and my mom (occasionally) sleep there, too, so when it ended, I had to go downstairs, because I knew I wasn't going to keep it down. That was the second time TVD made me bawl like a baby. First time was Jeremy's death, third time Damon's death. And the fact that I didn't cry during the episode means I cared even more about her.
over a year ago xoheartinohioxo said…
Elena Gilbert is everything to me ♥ She's my favorite female character & my #1 character above all others! I relate to her in the fact that we've both gone through a lot of struggles, we've both had a lot of family drama, and sometimes it's so hard to pick yourself up and keep going. I connect to the way that she stands up for her loved ones - i would kill for the people i love, and i would die for them too.

I could go on and on about how amazing Elena is, she's proven to be a strong, intelligent, kick ass young woman and it's a pleasure watching her character grow more and more every episode!
over a year ago thisthat12 said…
heart
I'm so glad you made an Elena spot too! Thank you so much!
I often feel like this ship club tends to be more on Damon's side rather than Elena's (not that I mind people being on Damon's side!) so it's great to see other Elena lovers here!
Elena is, at least for me, one of the most admirable characters ever. It's not only that she's managed to go through all that loss and still stay strong, like everybody mentioned, it's also how flawed she is. Her flaws are probably the best thing about her character. They are very realistic, and so relatable, many fans hate her for it, because since when was it easy to see our flaws on TV...
She isn't your typical heroine. She's manipulative, codependent, a hypocrite, and will mass murder thousands of vampires to protect her loved ones. And with all of that, she's still a young girl struggling with growing up, like every normal teenager, and trying to find her place in the world.
She (and Damon) helps me a lot with growing up. She's my role model when it comes to many things (not clothing though...), and I look up to her everytime I face a hardship.
So this is my take on Elena... I can write a lot more, of course, but I'm keeping it short.
cahe64 commented…
Agree, it seems some DE fãs only care about him. I amor Damon, but I don't put him on a pedestal. Elena isn't perfect either, but that makes her mais believable (anti Mary Sue). I'm not a stan, but feel the urge to defend her sometimes. She is underappreciated and gets so much hate. over a year ago
I can handle people calling me stupid, a moron, delusional, basically anything that has to do with my intelligence, for shipping DE. I cannot handle people calling Elena a whore. She is not a whore! People hate on her and I don't even know why. Because she didn't stay with the guy she was with at the beginning of the show? You know, it's the ever-lasting issue. Guys can just have one girlfriend after the other, they can have sex with another girl, every week, without being judged. But girls? Girls are expected to stay with one guy, for the rest of their lives, even if that guy's a total douchebag. Well, I have one thing to say to those people. This ain't the Middle Ages, bitches.

cahe64 commented…
I think they need to check their dictionary before calling people names. over a year ago
loveofdelena commented…
God knows that I have been really annoyed at Elena at times, but never in all my time on this show, did I ever think that she was a whore, nor did I ever say she was one. Elena is many things, but a whore is not one of them. over a year ago
thisthat12 commented…
Preach! over a year ago