maçã, apple Mega Impulse Buy!! Did I do the right thing?

thecon posted on Feb 20, 2008 at 02:22PM
I need some back up from everyone... I have a Macbook, and iBook G4 and decided YESTERDAY to get a desktop Mac to help me work from home better.

So I perused eBay looking for a reputable company to buy a cheaper refurbished iMac from, and decided to go for the older model because of price. I got very much outbid this morning and hunted elsewhere eventually finding a refurb of the NEW iMac for £450 (which is almost half the retail price). So I bought it.

I only had £580 in my account, and wonder if I did the right thing... I have no other obligations or anything, just saving for a car, but I can sell my iBook, and other accessories I have and make back most of the money. I kind of feel a little bit dirty for spending so much, so quickly... but with a warm feeling inside.

Did I make the right decision?

maçã, apple 6 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago DrDevience said…
Having an iMac myself, I have to say you made a good decision ;)
over a year ago thecon said…
A bit of an update is required for this.... the iMac in question was being sold through a hacked account on Amazon (no wonder it was so damn cheap!). I got my money back and then bought a much cheaper mac mini off ebay, still not got it yet though...
over a year ago Snerkie said…
eek :\ tell you the truth i wouldn't let THAT much money go out of my hands to a little seller unless i saw them face to face and could get my money back if something went wrong. One of the problems about buying electrical stuff online...ESPECIALLY computers as a lot can and will stuff up at some point.

Personally i would have bought through a shop around you even if it meant more $$$
I have protection through pay pal, and contact with the seller, so its not all bad, but why does buying a second hand Mac have to be soooo difficult!!!! I am but a slave to ebay....
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
you did the right thing buying the imac.
i am using a macbook and it runs out of battery to quickly.

I have a macbook too and have the same problem... battery only lasts an hour and a half. I know someone else who gets 6 hours out of his! There must be some kind of fault with MacBook batteries.... how much battery do you get?