Young Dracula Ider the new writer

Golden-Monk posted on Aug 07, 2008 at 02:21PM
i am extemly plesed to say that my request to write a script for young dracula curently as a 1 hour special/30 min x2 is being considered by the prodicing commite of the commiseners. so i want to know the sort of things the fans want to see. i have some experiance as a writer (sadleyt no screen credits) so i am well quelafied to help end the clifhanger for everyone.
last edited on Aug 07, 2008 at 02:23PM

Young Dracula 68 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 68

over a year ago LandM said…
I read on a different post that there could be a few endings: either Vlad finds a cure, Vlad learns to live with the fact he will become a vampire, or Vlad finds a way for vampires and humans to live together.
I am sure, though, that you could come up with much better ending to Vlads story.
oh, and congratulations!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Golden-Monk said…
sadley i cant give to much away so i wont always say if i have decided to use an idea at the mo i am trying to find a way for robin to become reinvolved. rember even if it is acepted it may never be made btw it has to be low cost. i will say it wil lend this cliffhanger but will be wide open for a season or another speicel to follow its also more likely for a season 3 to be amde if this speciel is becuse of restoration costs its cheper to make 20 episodes then 1. if you need to know about me i was contacted about woprking as a specilest in insomnia for a bit of kung fu thatw as how i got interested in using my writing in the show. (i was at the time a ningh degree maseter of kung fu.
Kung Fu? Really cool!!!
Anyway, yes, I understand fully for reasons not to give to much away. And, yeah, get Robin involved, as well. I like the way you seem to be going about this, by leaving it open for a third season, as you say.
And good luck in getting it made!
over a year ago Quendy said…
I think The Count (or Vlad ? :D) should take the throne and title back from Ingrid, and, maybe he can bite some one? He can bite Robin, then Robin gets involved again ;)
But I think Robin should remember Vlad, but not that they're vampires.
Good luck!

(I sent a complain to BBC a couple of day ago, and I got a really good answer :D, I'll post it in a new topic)
i wil lrevel that ingrid will not be keeping that throne that wouldent posibly work in any script which he BBC would aceppt
over a year ago tourmaline said…
I think that Ingrid will lose the throne. The spirit of the high grand vampire will come back, release the count from his cage and revive Vlad.
Ingrid will go after the slayers to revenge her boyfriend's death. But she will learn and have to accept that revenge isn't going to bring Will back.
thank you for the idea tourmaline it gives me some food for thoguht.
That actually sounds pretty good!
All sounds great, guys!
over a year ago mrs_weasley said…
What is the "prodicing commite of the commiseners" and how can someone contact them?
they are the peolle who make a lot of the descions about what gets commisioned and they contact you if youe get throught he commisners.
And you got through? :)
yes i did
Well done, again, Golden-Monk!
This is great!
Now we get a proper ending and maybe even a third series! :D
dont get youre hopes up if they dont make it thought i wil lrelse most of the script.
Is there any news about the writing or "the prodicing commite of the commiseners" ? :P
over a year ago spirited_away said…
you should go have a look at some rp forums. oh, and fanfic. um...off the top of my head;
1. link
2. link (check the forum section)
3.link (my fanfic)
4. link (werepuppy's fanfic)
I cant think of any more right now. but im sure people will add to this list...
and i could well write a YD script, easy as pie. thats what happens when you watch it so much...
the comisaners are being confusing and have sent me to talk with the writers room.
and that means what, exactly?
that means thsat i have to make a deal with writers room for submitting a script.
Oh, I just hope it will work out, I'd love another episode :)
tbh id love another 14 but hey, we aint gonna get it. not without a bloody fight. (the word bloody is not used as an expletive btw. just to make that clear lol)
Well, lets give them a bloody fight then!
over a year ago werepuppy said…
Golden-Monk, with all due respect, I consider you to be an illerate crank.
If a bloody fight it takes, then, indeed, lets give them a bloody fight!...*crosses fingers for another episode...again...*
i am not ilitarate its just that if i type fast my spelling is bad i have been writing for years and am a member of the writers and authers spots here.
Your lack of punctuation is what I was referring too, not your tendancy to misspell as that would be redundant to point out the obvious. I still believe you to be a complete crank, however.
over a year ago babybell said…
wow you guys were talking so much its just like the old days lol i was just starting too wonder where you all went?
and wow werepuppy harsh words...
I just hope she isn't a crank.
Have some hope werepuppy! :)
.....'fraid im with werepuppy on this one.
and i could be a member of the writers and authors spots if i wanted to be...doesnt mean im a professional writer though. I could be for all you know, but im not, and that is /exactly/ my point.
Babybell: When I joined a month ago, I didnt think anyone came on here anymore. I didnt get much replys to any of my posts. :) I am happy to be proved wrong. I am happy that I have you guys to discuss with. :)
over a year ago littlepwcca said…
If anyone's going to write anything to do with YD, be it a new series, special, or (pray god) a film, it'll be Danny Robins and Dan Tetsell (whose website I am keeping a close eye on for any juicy updates!)

link
Hence my saying Golden-Monk is a crank.
anyone can write for a series. if anyone would like to read the bbc website also i only opened this thread to get ideas i never said it was going to get made. it might not be but i still need ideas so i can try to write a script.
over a year ago mrs_weasley said…
Golden-Monk, in the spirit of support (which you have requested here) I'm offering the following links (I believe you have already found these links, but have not offered them when folks here ask):

If you are a new writer, without television credits, interested in writing on a new or existing series, please contact BBC Writersroom (link). The BBC Writersroom (link) now co-ordinates reading and assessing all unsolicited writing samples submitted to the BBC across all the drama and comedy creative departments. Its remit is also to help new or unrepresented writers. (from link)
LOL LandM, we used to speak for hours after episodes lol
Babybell, it is with a great pity that you couldnt really do that anymore, with no new episodes coming out...at the moment... But I am still happy to be able to talk with you people.:)
Ooh, I think so to :P
Quendy, was your comment directed at me? If so, thanks!...if not...well...sorry. :P
It was directed to you LandM :)
Why, thank you, Quendy. I feel happy now.............:) (no, really, thanks!:))
over a year ago greatmat2 said…
Golden-Monk if your nor lieing than it think a good idea for yur script wuld maybe a massiv fight betwn ingrid and the count (if the count is freed from the cage.)
over a year ago greatmat2 said…
And can evry1 stop nockin golden monk if he realy has sent a script in to the bbc, then at least hes tryin to get a new series of yd wich is much mor than evry1 else is doin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!­!
greatmat2 - if you haven't noticed people are putting in petitons, writing scripts, writing letters, petition videos, all over the place. You can't assume it's only Golden-Monk
he says he cant log on at the moment by the way (golden-monk)
right.....
I see where your both coming from. On one hand, yeah, I see what greatmat2 is trying to say. Golden-Monk is most certainly trying to get a new series of YD (raises applause) and we cant really assume he is lying, until we see proof.
But on the other hand, I agree with werepuppy, with the fact that I have already sent a complaint and signed a petition to try to get another series, as I know many people here will have done. So you/we, cant assume that Golden-Monk is the only one trying to get a new series. We are only doing it in a different sence....*out of breath now*
over a year ago Vampaneze said…
It Doesn't matter if Golden-Monk is lying or not
As Long As we Get A New series Of Young Dracula