betty, a feia Rebecca Romijin was a man?

jerseygirl posted on Jan 22, 2007 at 06:25AM
So are we supposed to believe that Daniel's brother who supposedly died in a skiing accident actually had a sex change and is now Rebecca Romijn?! That's a bit of a stretch. I do love her as an addition to the show though! What does everyone else think?
last edited on Jan 22, 2007 at 06:28AM

betty, a feia 14 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Only1Moore said…
For one, Romijn really is a woman, even though she's playing a post-op. I look forward to see where they will end up taking this character. But look at it this way: If Felicity Huffman can play a transgendered person, why can't Romijn?
over a year ago pirateroro said…
omg i dont know what to think about Alexas. I think it would be a weight off Daniels mind though if he found out that Alex hadnt actualy died. I can see it causing chaos though. Great! :)
over a year ago xsavemyheart said…
i think it is WAY too silly a story line.
over a year ago dave said…
I agree with xsavemyheart, it's a bit ridiculous. I do like her as an addition to the cast, but come on! It was fun seeing Vanessa Williams sock Jerry O'Connell though. I can't believe that Kush from Jerry Maguire has been reduced to a jerk in a bar on Ugly Betty. How sad is that.
over a year ago liiam said…
i love alexis and the storyline! its not silly at all its such a funny twist but i kind of feel sorry for her tht none of her friends want to no her anymore
over a year ago pip_ku said…
I found that storyline great lol nobody saw it coming.
over a year ago TweenaCat said…
It is a bit unlikely. Transexuals are never as confident or beautiful as she is, they have too much trauma. Especially if their family rejected them for it. Also, someone should tell her you can't just go around killing people. Even if you think you have reason to. Or if they're your dad. Or if you hire someone else to do it for you.
over a year ago tuuli said…
TweenaCat, you are wrong about transsexual women never being beautiful. Some are very beautiful. Besides, what do you think it does to their confidence when people tell them they're ugly? Those who've got the money can get their faces and bodies reshaped. Then there are those lucky few whose bodies haven't been totally destroyed by testosterone. Anyway, nice to see more transgender characters on TV. Too bad they're usually murderers, or just insane or whatnot.
over a year ago missbettysuarez said…
i agree with liiam.it is agood storyline
I wasn't saying that they're ugly, just that NO ONE is that beautiful unless they are a supermodel-slash-actress who has tonnes of expensive makeup artists and beauty treatments. And transsexuals are just, well, normal people, as Alexis is meant to be.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago lolspav said…
look at hayley cropper on coronation street!
Don't know who she is. I don't watch it.
oh for gods sake its a tv show about fashion! of course ther gonna pic sumone beautiful, dnt read too much into it and just enjoy the hole thing, hoo cares if its not "realistic" its great t.v! and of course ther are people ther are people tht beautiful and maybe more (is its possible)!
i put "ther are ppl" twice, sorry!