betty, a feia Paula Abdul Guest Starring On Ugly Betty?

waichingliu81 posted on Aug 12, 2009 at 05:18PM
Paula Abdul To Appear On Ugly Betty?
August 12, 2009 by Tom

Paula Abdul, long-time American Idol judge, is in talks to appear on Ugly Betty, according to EW’s Ausiello.

Wow. I knew that ABC president Stephen McPherson had been in contact with Abdul. The obvious assumption, encouraged by McPherson, was that Abdul was being sought for a judging or contestant gig on Dancing With The Stars. That could still happen, of course – Disney/ABC always cross-books the talent amongst its various networks. But, it looks like Ugly Betty gets her first.

According to Ausiello, Abdul will be playing a new temp at Mode who bonds with Becki Newton’s Amanda.

Excellent!

Becki Newton plays Amanda three ways: the snarky, teasing, cool-wannabe Amanda, the child-like hyperactive, enthusiastic, easily excitable Amanda, and rarely, Amanda the real, vulnerable person.

The addition of Paula Abdul as friend, I think, means that Newton would play Amanda the second way, which is when she’s the most fun to watch, I think. (singing “My Milkshake”, for instance).

Abdul is also scheduled to appear in Lifetime’s Drop Dead Diva.

The deal isn’t done yet, but I don’t think the info would have been leaked to Ausiello would had been leaked if producers weren’t sure it could get done.

Stay tuned!

link

betty, a feia 1 reply

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago singinprincess said…
That would be awesome if she were on Ugly Betty!!!