betty, a feia MAJOR spoiler alert for season 3!!

waichingliu81 posted on Apr 09, 2009 at 02:07PM
*NB: if you do not want to know, please do NOT read on:*

(btw, i just found this on spoiler TV)

Ugly Betty

what's better than one proposal on ugly betty during may sweeps? two in the same episode! exec producer Silvio Horta won't reveal who's tying the knot but says 'one proposal is within the meade family and one within the Suarez family'. just don't expect a double wedding. 'only ONE will actually work out, meaning in the episode they actually get married'.

unfortunately, the couple's happiness will be short-lived. 'a lot happens after. it's going to take some unexpected turns'.

link

oooh, this is going to be very exciting!! :)

betty, a feia 16 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago BeSafe said…
surprise
Ahhh WHAT?! That's CRAZY!!!! And unexpected...but maybe not, personally I'm leaning toward Molly/Daniel and Archie/Hilda...but I don't know, definately CANT WAIT TO FIND OUT THOUGH!!!!
over a year ago waichingliu81 said…
yeah, i'm predicting that the following will happen:

1) molly and daniel will get married, but she later on dies of cancer, leaving him devastasted

AND either

1)hilda and archie will tie the knot- i agree with you besafe, i just cannot see betty and matt together, although i do hope he stays on the show and remain friends with her.

OR
2)perhaps ignascio and elena will get married perhaps??!
^^Oh I didn't even think about Ignacio/Elena...and I just noticed the quote by Silvio Horta on the picture...it says 'One proposal is about embracing someone and one is about giving someone up' or something along those lines, it isn't exact...I don't know why I find that quote interesting...but I do!
well one thing's for sure whoever does get married, their marriage will be short-lived anyway, according to silvio. although it would be nice to have a married couple on the show for once, rather than to not have one because a) it would be interesting to see how their marriage fares during season 4 and b) the characters on the show are either mainly single and unattached, or of whom are in a relationship but who are not technically married themselves.
That's true, come to think of it the only 'marriage' we ever really have seen on Ugly Betty was between Claire/Bradford and that was a while ago. I would like to see how a married couple did in the world of Ugly Bettyville as well, but it seems we will still have to wait for that one!
over a year ago detty4ever said…
hmmm
I'm sure that Daniel will propose to Molly...I wish she doesn't accept because I want to see him getting married only with Betty!!!!
But if he marries Molly the good thing is that it won't last!!!Molly should leave ASAP!!
last edited over a year ago
^^I kind of agree, I guess its just this thing I have, I don't care if Daniel has been engaged before (and even if by the time Detty happens if Betty has!) but I kind of want them NOT to get married until they are getting married to each other, and personally I think it would be selfish of Molly to let Daniel marry her knowing that he will soon have to deal with her death as well!
i actually think that if and when molly and daniel's wedding does occur in say this season's finale of ugly betty, it is going to end in tears for daniel anyway. i'll predict what might happen though and here it is:

-daniel proposes to molly
- she accepts
- however by the time of the day of the wedding, something tragic happens to molly and thus she dies of cancer
- daniel finds out and in the end, because of him finding out about molly dying before they even got married, the news of her death devastates him and his life once again crashes around him.

and i agree besafe, i don't think the writers would consider having daniel marrying molly, and for her to die afterwards because as much that would be an added twist to the scenario, i suppose it would take something major and similar to season 2 when bradford suffered a heart attack, during his and willie's wedding- having discovered she had cheated on him with dwayne, her bodyguard.

although i don't dislike molly as much as i did before, she still bores me- and so i cannot see daniel being married to her in season 4 and beyond because she is going to die anyway.
^^Oh that sounds like quite an interesting idea you have there, I think that the writers should do it exactly as you say! Its perfect, and while it would devastate Daniel I can totally see it happening...wow I really can, that is how they should do it! And I agree, I can't see Daniel being married to Molly, like you say I kind of like her now (probably only because I know she is going to go away soon!) but I can't see him being with her for any length of time!
smile
thanks :). btw, it was just something i thought of at the top of my head and i guess that this should be the way the writers should go about writing this episode.
^^You should write a fanfic, you have some great ideas! That was a really good one I think...I hope the writers go about writing it that way, it would just flow iwith the way this season has played out I think...:D
I agree! This is a very good idea waichingliu81, and I also can see it happening!
Of course Daniel will be devastated, but some big things has to happen in him, to become more mature in order to see that the reason he keeps choosing the wrong women is because he couldn't see that the right one was in front of him all along!(of course I'm referring to Betty!)

But, Is it for sure that Molly will die? I mean we all know this spoiler and maybe the writers decide to change it! Of course I would hate that!
detty4ever- well this season someone is going to get killed off, and there had been speculation that it was going to be between molly and christina. but knowing that christina won't be killed off, as ashley is leaving the show, we all have a feeling that with her suffering from cancer, it was going to be molly. last season in season 2, it was santos and bradford; and in season 3 it is highly likely that all arrows point to the direction of molly.

i do think that killing molly off is a bit extreme- instead of her having cancer, why cannot the writers just come up with something like her and daniel realised they are not a good match for each other and have decided to end their relationship and move on? i know people have been going on that molly is good for daniel, in that he has become somewhat of a different character to what he was before in season 1, but frankly as besafe and detty4ever have pointed out, she is just bland as a person. yes she is nicer than sofia, but she offers nothing new whatsoever to the show. she is a nice person but that's it.

i also agree with tom from ugly betty news's intitial theory of molly being a proxy for betty, and matt for daniel because a)molly is somewhat similar to betty and b) daniel is similar to matt, in the sense that they are both rich, successful and yet down to earth.

i think that is the way the writers are going about this storyline and the eventual lead up to the detty' ship.

oh and thanks besafe and detty4ever!
I also don't understand why Molly has to die!

I think that if she and Daniel decided that they are better as friends, as you said, it would be just great!

But I'm thinking that maybe the writers wanted to stress the fact that only a woman like her can be the one for Daniel, so that we can be prepared for the Detty scenario..And that the only reason for Daniel to break up with a woman like that, is for her to die!

They want to make clear the characteristics for the "perfect" woman for him..(again for us to accept Betty more easily..)

I really liked your comment concerning the fact that Molly doesn't add anything new to the show!
I think this is true, because she has the same influence to Daniel just like Betty has!! Of course his bond with Betty is way stronger, even if he doesn't see it right now..

Remember when he said to Molly: YOU'RE SO DIFFERENT FROM EVERYONE I KNOW..(Hello Daniel..Rememeber Betty???)AND YOU CARE ABOUT THE THINGS THAT MATTER..YOU DON'T LET ME GET AWAY WITH BEING SHALLOW AND STUPID..WHEN I THINK ABOUT THE FUTURE..I'M NOT SCARED, IS EXCITING AND I NEVER HAVE BEEN THAT GUY BEFORE...I LOVE YOU!

Couldn't he tell those exact words to Betty??? I believe he said them exactly because of Betty!!Season 1 Daniel would never say those things!

I think that Daniel will be trully over Molly only when he realise that he loves Betty!Because what he sees in Molly is actually what he sees in Betty!

I believe that he wouldn't have noticed her, if Betty hadn't learn him to see also the inside of the people except from the outside.

And we know that he began to do that when he said "Men are stupid..they always go for the obvious..trust me..I SHOULD KNOW BETTER.."
The moment he said that, I knew that he would start appreciating a woman for her personality, rather than her looks only!

PS: The awesome picture is from "gibbynka" from "The Bachelor and the Butterfly" community. Sorry about my big comment, I got carried away...:)
 I also don't understand why Molly has to die! I think that if she and Daniel decided that they are
i have to say that as much as i have loved season 3 so far and that we have got a few more detty scenes from it compared to season 2- which i still dislike btw, lately there hasn't been much bonding between daniel and betty. ever since molly came along, detty scenes have been few and far between. i am a little dissapointed in that; i mean as a marc and amanda shipper' it has been brilliant so far, but in terms of christina and daniel with regards to betty, i think it is a shame the writers this season haven't included them as much as they did back in season 1 of the show and developed their friendship further on.

i just hope that in season 4, betty has plenty of scenes with everyone; marc, amanda, claire, daniel etc - well excluding christina because ashley jensen is leaving the show.

btw, i also agree with you detty4ever, those words daniel echoed to molly- it was as if he was referring to betty herself and i agree wholeheartedly that in season 1, before betty had stepped foot into mode and met daniel, daniel would never have said those things to molly. or indeed betty. so i do think betty has a profound effect on him, as well as marc and amanda.
Yes, of course Betty has a good effect not only to Daniel, but to Marc and Amanda as well! I really enjoy their scenes together and I started liking these two more, when they started apreciating the goodness in Betty! I think they have also helped her in their own unique way!

About season 4...Yes I have great expectations for this season!Betty-Daniel-Marc-Amanda-Claire are my favourite characters in the show and I want to see many great scenes regarding them!! Let's hope that the writers will not disappoint us!!