betty, a feia shocking news- two UB stars leaving!

waichingliu81 posted on Jan 12, 2009 at 11:06PM
Kristin Dos Santos
Mon Jan 12, 2:43 pm ET
Spoiler Alert: Two Ugly Betty Stars Are Leaving E! Online

Los Angeles (E! Online) – According to sources, one of Ugly Betty's main castmembers (a regular since season one) has asked to leave the ABC series, and producers are now planning to write her out toward the end of this season. Ruh-roh.

And that's not all: I'm told another character you know and love is going to be killed off this season.

So which two characters are leaving? Here's the exclusive dish...

According to sources connected to the series, the fantastic Ashley Jensen, who plays Betty's BFF Christina and is also well-known to you Extras fans, is the series regular who is expected to leave Ugly Betty this season.

I'm told Ashley asked to be released from her contract; the show's rep declined to comment, saying ABC does not comment on actors' contracts.

According to a source who works on the show, Ashley is not expected back as a series regular for Betty's fourth season in the fall. No word yet on how her character will make her exit—as you fans know, she's currently knocked up with Wilhelmina's spawn in order to get money to help save her husband's life. And of course, anything is possible on this show.

As for the second character who will be killed off, it's someone who just came on board this season and whom the fans—and a certain Meade—fancy.

link

what do you make of this news?

betty, a feia 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago sweetysimmy said…
:( oh... i don't want Christina to leave.
She was such a great and funy character.

What does everyone else think?

~sweetysimmy~
over a year ago waichingliu81 said…
i am gutted to read that ashley is leaving. she will be missed i'm sure by many UB fans like myself. although to be frank, the way the writers have treated ashley's character, has been nothing short of appalling. i'd really thought that she would be as much use on the show as betty, marc, amanda and willie to name. but not to the writers.
over a year ago BeSafe said…
^^I know, I recently read this news and was SHOCKED! I absolutely LOVE Christina and am sooooooooo sad to hear she is leaving, but as you say I never felt her character was given as big of a spot as she deserved and I don't begrudge her moving on and exploring other career options!
over a year ago perfectprincess said…
crying
absoultely guttered!! *cries* i hate to know that she is leaving! but i don't really want anyone to leave this show!!!
well, i for one hope molly leaves- she's boring, no offence to sarah defleur who plays her that is. though i am really keeping my fingers crossed that this turns out to be nothing but rumours and that ashley stays on. and the writers should give her more of a role to play on UB because she's great as christina and is such a nice character compared to most of the others at mode.
LOL don't feel bad, I personally believe Molly is the other person they are talking about, and evil though it may be I'm happy it's her!!!! (and so are most of us on the Bachelor & Butterfly site!) I just feel like her & Daniel don't have any chemistry...like you said no offense to SD, but they don't and it doesn't work, and ugh I just don't like them together!

I wish it was a rumor, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't, because it comes from a reliable source who generally knows what they are talking about in regards to Ugly Betty...:(
last edited over a year ago
big smile
now apparently, there is a different take to this story:

Rep: Ashley Jensen Not Leaving ‘Ugly Betty’
Updated 5:00 PM PST, Tue, Jan 13, 2009
Actress Ashley Jensen is still in mode at Mode.

Despite reports that actress is leaving the ABC comedy series, a rep for “Ugly Betty” told Access Hollywood that these reports are “not true.”

On the series Ashley plays Betty’s best work pal, Christina McKinney, who is carrying Wilhelmina Slater and Bradford Meade’s child, thus making her integral to the outlandish and campy plot of the show. Fans will continue to watch Ashley and Betty attempt to keep one step ahead of Wilhelmina and her assistant Marc in the chic hallways of the Meade media empire.

link
OMG I know!!!!!!!!!!! I read that on B&B, but thanx a billion for posting isn't it AMAZING!!!!!!!!!
Christina is apparently staying, YAY Christina!!!!

P.S. I love your new icon waichingliu81
thanks. i created it on photobucket myself. :) you can find it in the amanda and marc spot on this site, as i posted it on there along with a few others.

btw, phew! that's a relief though. i'm glad ashley is staying put. i am sick of these rumours however and wish they would stop.
over a year ago perfectprincess said…
OMG thank goodness Ashley!!! hopefully thatr article is the true one here!!! because ASHLEY CAN'T LEAVE!!!
if she does leave, then betty would probably have to find a new female friend, although she too probably won't be as funny and awesome as christina herself. but here's hoping she doesn't because we love her on the show. :)
I know really, when I read it wasn't real I totally like sighed with relief...:)