the office Series Finale Idea

bastek posted on Oct 03, 2007 at 07:51PM
I hope the Office goes on for a looooooooooooong time before coming to an end, but I think a good idea for a series finale would be to have Dwight play a really good prank on Jim. What do you guys think??

the office 25 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago bstens said…
Dwight will come up with the greatest prank of all time, but it will turn out that Jim knew the entire time and it backfires on Dwight.
over a year ago officefan2010 said…
Jim and Pam will get married!
over a year ago immisterkevin said…
The logical thing is Dunder Mifflin goes out of business or the camera crew decides to pack up and leave.
over a year ago doonis said…
I'm pretty sure that Dunder Mifflin Scranton will close in the series finale. But the workers might still move to another branch. As for Michael, he'll probably be done with Jan and be with someone real. Jim and Pam will get married (of course). Maybe it will be a double marriage with Dwight and Angela.
over a year ago maybeastarbucks said…
I think DunderMifflin Scranton will close in the finale, also. I don't think Jim and Pam will get married. Maybe it will end with Dwight and Angela getting married and Jim and Pam just happily smiling at each other.
over a year ago bradlybob said…
In the series finale DM as a whole will go out of business. PB&J will already be married as will Dwangela. The entire DM Scranton staff will realize that after being in front of the camera for 5 years or so that they should all move to LA and write and star in a sitcom about life in the sales office of a midsize regional paper company. They present the idea to all of the major networks and they all turn it down saying that it'll never fly. The final scene is Micheal doing a stand-up routine in a comedy club.
over a year ago maybeastarbucks said…
I just thought of something nice. Jim and Pam are getting married (seems to be a popular idea) and the priest says, "Jim Halpert do you take this woman to be your lawfully wedded wife," and he says, "Absolutely I do."

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww...
maybestarbucks...that is a really sweet scene you thought of there....

But i think when Jim and Pam get married, it should be before the series finale.

And then maybe the series finale, Michael is the last to leave the office and he just shuts off the lights.
I was thinking..Jim and Pam get married in the last season...but not the series finale....but in the final episode, Jim surprises Pam with her dream house with that terrace

And in the final minutes, it's a Michael talking head, reflecting on his time with his employees/friends, which then cuts to the last scene of Michael getting ready to leave the office, with his voiceover throughout that last scene.
over a year ago someguynamedjer said…
Nah, Jim and Pam won't get married. Michael will probably get fired, and that will be the end of it...not having any sort of wrapping up...everything will be left open ended...thats the "Office" way
over a year ago PBJluvr09 said…
I dont think Pam and Jim will get married. Maybe engaged or maybe the idea of the house with terrace. Of course something incredibly sweet with them being together.

Also i LOVE *maybeastarbucks* idea of Pam/Jim replying "Absolutely I do" to either Jim's proposal or at the wedding.
over a year ago Shandiii said…
The whole Michael turning off the light to leave with the voice over thing kind of makes me sad, it's so sweet.
It'd be a great ending, especially with that line of Creed's that doonis mentioned. It would leave me crying and laughing at the same time.
over a year ago officefan2010 said…
okay so, i LOVE maybeastarbucks' idea!!!!!!!!
its amazing!
and i love whoever came up with michael turning off the lights at the very end.

so sad and so sweet.
:]]]
DM goes out of business. Michael has a voiceover with him being the last one to leave the office.

Here's the thing, in the finale, Jim and Pam are not married. The camera crew is following them around one last time for the whole day. They're entering a restaurant and Jim says something like "After you." Pam walks ahead of Jim and the camera catches Jim pulling out a velvet ring box out of his jacket pocket, smiles, puts the box back in his pocket, and looks up at the camera with a grin. And he walks towards his table. End.
Oh! Another good idea by immisterkevin! I think that's a great idea, because I don't know if I want to see a Jim/Pam wedding... like I know I would watch it, but we already had an office wedding.
Still, showing that they will get married leaves it with a happy ending!
over a year ago wowmom2 said…
I don't even want to think about a series finale. (putting my fingers in my ears) LALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALALA­LAL­ALA­LA
over a year ago doonis said…
Alright, I have it all worked out:

In the finale, the Scranton branch is closing, and Bob Vance is buying the building. But everyone's still happy. Jim and Pam are getting married in a few weeks, and she is starting an art career. Dwight and Angela are already married and live in the beet farm. Michael has had a kid with Holly, and she is pregnant again. He's trying to launch his own stand-up comedy TV show. Toby and Andy are depressed about their lost women, but they've become best friends and live together now. Even Jan and Ryan have hooked up (in jail!).

Because they know the branch is closing, Dwight decides to get revenge on Jim and pull a genius prank on him. He does, and it works perfectly, with help from Mose. But Jim asks Dwight to be his best man for the wedding, and they realize that they are really good friends. Michael is sad, because he wanted to be best man, so Jim lets him be a bridesmaid.

Michael is really sad, so he makes everyone promise to all hang out at his house every Saturday, and they agree. They leave the office one by one, and Michael is the last one out. He slowly turns the lights out, and shuts the door. Then it cuts to about noon the next day, and Creed slowly wakes up from under his desk, and asks the cameraman, "Where is everyone?"

The last scene is the camera people watching all the footage they've filmed. They were filming for a documentary movie, but stayed a little longer than needed (the show will have fifteen seasons, of course). It shows a short clip show of hilarious moments from the show on their TV for about a minute. The last line is one of the cameramen asking, "How the **** are we going to cut this down to an hour and a half?"
I LOVE IT!
over a year ago 28spike28 said…
micheal closes the door and shuts off the lights i like that idea.

but it should cut to another day, where the whole office is in a movie theatre watching their documentary. then they all go to poor richards, for one last round.
i like my idea.
over a year ago llerenaprincipe said…
lol
michael is not the one that closes the office
its pam :)
over a year ago Office_001 said…
Doonis good idea. but i think we should at least see the Jam proposal. Maybe Dwight buys like a new white kitty for Angela or something like that
over a year ago katiemariie said…
If Jim and Pam get married in the season finale, I may vomit.
over a year ago smoore23 said…
Yeah, I'm with katiemariie. I love love love Jam, but I do not want to see a wedding. I think one wedding on the show was enough. A Jam wedding would be cheesy... let's save it for fanfiction, people. ;)
jim and pam get married season 5. finale season 5 more likely. series finale, ryan dies. no just kidding. again the staff in a movie theatre watching the show and micheal does something stupid to get kicked out. the final scene micheal is opening for robin williams at carnegie.