televisão Britcoms!

dazl posted on Jul 26, 2008 at 05:07AM
What are your top ten British comedies(hence the term Britcom)?

To start you off, here are mine:

10. Last Of The Summer Wine- Sad, I know, but my dad got me into it years ago. Had a horrible moment there, when I checked IMDB, and thought Peter Sallis had died. I loved Clegg. Thankfully, he is still with us. But Foggy is dead, as is Compo, so now I'm kind of sad.

Walter "Foggy" Dewhurst: [trying to get Howard in shape by leaping small walls] It's people like you who make this country so rich in idiots.

9. The Office- If just for Tim putting the stapler in jelly alone. I hated this when I first saw it, but I ended up watching a marathon of it, and was in stitches by the end of the third episode.

Gareth: In this room I have special...
Tim: ...needs?
Gareth: No, in this room I am a special...
Tim: ...needs child?
Gareth: No, and that's not even funny.

8. Blackadder- Season 1 not great, but the other three are genius. My favourite? Season 3, because Hugh Laurie and Rowan Atkinson play off each other so well. The episode with the dictionary? Priceless.

Blackadder: [to Baldrick] Unless I think of something, tomorrow we go to meet our Maker: in my case God, in your case God knows.

7. The Vicar of Dibley- This is the perfect thing to watch curled up with a cup of tea and a Crunchie. It's a nice sitcom. Plus, how can anyone hate a show where the excuse 'sheep exploded' is acceptable?

Owen Newitt: I am not a lunatic. I have the psychiatric report to prove it. A slender majority of the panel decided in my favour.

6. Bottom- Richie and Eddie are simply brilliant. I watch these two, and suddenly, my life seems okay.

Eddie: I'd rather cut off my penis with a rusty bread knife.

5. Extras- Ricky Gervais and Steve Merchant are genuises. And Barry from Eastenders! I love that Steve is actually in this, Darren makes me cry with laughter.

Andy Millman: So that's done, I can forget about that, I've got my best man on it. Just make sure the phone's plugged in.
Darren Lamb: You joke about it, it was uplugged for two days... no one noticed.

4. Fawlty Towers
John Cleese and Connie Booth are genuises. Basil is a timeless comic creation. My favourite episode: The Germans. Ah, life before the PC era.

Basil Fawlty: [two guests are speaking to Basil in German] Oh, German. I'm sorry, I thought there was something wrong with you

3. Spaced- Brilliant 90's slacker comedy. Full of movie and pop culture references. Simon Pegg, Edgar Wright and Nick Frost all together. Americans and nineties babies probably won't understand half of it, but the rest, enjoy it.

Daisy: You're up early.
Tim: Oh, I haven't been to bed. Me and Mike met up with these two Scottish guys in the pub and they gave us all this cheap speed.
Daisy: Oh Tim, that's so tacky.
Tim: Yeah I know, but y'know they were so nice. I think if we'd said no they'd have got offended and beaten us to death with a pool cue.

2. Black Books- Dylan Moran and Bill Bailey are fabulous together, and I ache that it is now finished. Pure, madcap brilliance from Lineham and Moran.

Fran: Do you know nothing about modern culture, Bernard? Beckham, Posh, Pokemon...
Bernard: Pacman. It's pronounced Pacman.

1. Father Ted- I adore this show with all my heart. It completely lampoons the Catholic Church, the characters are strong and memorable. I can quote the show word perfect. And Frank Kelly has the all clear for cancer! Delighted!

Father Ted: I know what's going on, Pat Mustard. There are some very hairy babies on Craggy Island, and I think you are the hairy baby-maker.
Pat Mustard: Oh, yeah? Well, I think that you would need proof if you were going to make that sort of an accusation. And I'm a very careful man, Father. A very careful man!
Father Ted: Except when it comes to taking precautions in the bedroom.
Pat Mustard: Ah, w-... you certainly wouldn't be advising the use of artificial contraception now, Father, would you?
Father Ted: Yes, I... well... if you're going to be... of course you will... JUST FECK OFF!

televisão 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago xrockstarx said…
In no order
1) Absolutely Fabulous
2) Vicar of Dibley
3) Extras (I love everything with Ricky Gervais really)
4) The Office
5) Only Fools and Horses
6) One Foot in the Grave
7) Blackadder
8) My Family
9) My Hero
10) Gavin and Stacey (My favourite)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago tushtush said…
1. Gavin and Stacey
2. Vicar of Dibley
3. My Family