estrela Trek: Deep o espaço Nine DS9 Episode Discussion - The Trials and Tribble Actions

makintosh posted on May 23, 2010 at 08:14PM
Hi Kraucik83,Squibblings,truespock,lilyZ and all DS9 fans!

I think it would be nice if we share our passion for DS9. How? Opening an episode discussion.

Every week we could watch an episode (you can suggest it, of course!) and then talk about it!

Well, what do you think?

First Discussion - The Trials and Tribble Actions (episode 5x06)
 Hi Kraucik83,Squibblings,truespock,lilyZ and all DS9 fans! I think it would be nice if we share our
last edited on May 23, 2010 at 10:33PM

estrela Trek: Deep o espaço Nine 20 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Kraucik83 said…
smile
Love the idea! Any suggestions which episode should be first?
How about "The House Of Quark"? (03/03)
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago makintosh said…
cool
I really love that episode! Actually one of my favourites
wink
I know you love that episode... that's why I suggested it!
smile
I own the DVD's so there is no problem.
I'm trying to find the episode on YouTube but it seems nobody has uploaded it yet.You know, some people here don't own the DVD's
cool
Another suggestion? Anyone?
smile
How about: "Trials and Tribble Ations" - Season 5/06 ? Most fans like it & I even found it on YouTube!

link
heart
Okay then!
cool
First Discussion - The Trials and Tribble Actions (episode 5x06)

Watch the episode here link
 [u]First Discussion[/u] - [i]The Trials and Tribble Actions[/i] (episode 5x06) Watch the episode her
over a year ago Squibblings said…
They did a really good job merging DS9 with TOS. I especially liked it when Kirk opened the cargo area as Sisco and Dax were hunting for Tribbles. It really does look like they are throwing them in the opening and they are landing on Kirk

Kilingons smell of lilac, I would have like to see them mess with Worf further with that line.

Is it that easy to replicate 23rd century technology? I can see the computer issueing a standard tricorder/com system, but not an archaic one.

Overall I liked this ep. I would have liked to have seen Worf's face when he got to see the prominad tribble infestation. Odo's face was priceless.

Maybe that last bit was a homage to The Voyage Home. Like the whales to the probe, the the newly un-extinct tribbles could overwhelm a borg ship before they could assemilate them all.

Sorry about the aimless rambling. Not very good at talking about episodes.
hmmm
I didn't mean to completely derail the conversation. What happened here?
wink
I agree mostly with Squibblings ;)
I think they did an awesome and created a worthy tribute for Star Treks 30th anniversary in 1996!
Loved the episode from this moment:

Dax: "That's..."
Sisko: "The Enterprise."
as the Defiant viewscreen clears to reveal the legendary ship

I really loved how Jadzia Dax was behaving... she was so into being in the 23rd century - exploring the Enterprise & meeting all the legends like Kirk & Spock!
I think almost every fan would behave more or less like her! I mean, come on, who wouldn't love to meet Spock or Scotty???

I also love the moment when Julian, Miles & Odo are expecting an explanation from Worf about the different look of the 23rd Klingons. What a pity that they didn't resolve this! ;)

I think what makes this episode so special to me is the writing. There are so many great lines in it!

Odo to Worf: "Oh, another glorious chapter in Klingon history. Tell me, do they still sing songs of 'The Great Tribble Hunt?'"

O'Brien: "I lied to Captain Kirk! I wish Keiko could have been there to see it."

Bashir to O'Brien: "I can't wait to get back to Deep Space 9 and see your face when you find out that I never existed!"

I agree mostly with Squibblings ;) I think they did an awesome and created a worthy tribute for estrela
Are there any weak spots? Anything that could have been done better?
heart
'Trials and Tribble Ations' is a perfect Star Trek homage.
I really admire the incredible attention to detail...nice period uniforms, perfect sets and splendid interaction between TOS and DS9 characters.
One of my fav Star Trek episode, without any doubt.

link
 [i]'Trials and Tribble Ations'[/i] is a perfect estrela Trek homage. I really admire the incredible atte
over a year ago mark5 said…
heart
Hi, everyone!

I loved a lot of things about this episode and you mentioned some of them. This is one from the top:

Jadzia Dax: I had no idea.
Sisko: What?
Jadzia Dax: He's so much more handsome in person. Those eyes!
Sisko: Kirk had quite the reputation as a ladies' man.
Jadzia Dax: Not him. Spock.

I was right there with her ;)

PS
Jadzia (about young McCoy): I had a feeling he'd become a doctor. He had the hands of a surgeon.
 Hi, everyone! I loved a lot of things about this episode and you mentioned some of them. This is one
smile
If there is nothing more to say we should maybe think about a new episode to discuss the following week. Any ideas?
cool
Yep, What about Children of Time or Favor the Bold?
 Yep, What about [i]Children of Time[/i] or [i]Favor the Bold[/i]?
I have no preference. Just as long as we can find it on youtube.
I'm for "Favor The Bold" and it's on youtube ;)

link
smile
Okay, let's go there!
Next discussion link