Royal Pains Nobody's Perfect

Councilman posted on Aug 16, 2009 at 04:53AM
While looking into Boris' strange illness in New York, Hank learns that the Gardner family is going after his medical license. Elsewhere, Evan and Divya face a medical crisis while on a reclusive millionaire's yacht; and Jill clashes with her ex-husband over their divorce papers.

Not to fear we know Hank followed the correct triage protocol in his treatment of the rich dude and the whole series goes away if Hank can't practice. But they might want to leave that question up in the air as a cliff hanger before the season Finale the following week.

Royal Pains 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago hankmedfan said…
Sounds like the writer's should have written themselves into this episode!
over a year ago Councilman said…
smirk
Well we know from reading the synopsis of the season finale that the clash is only a canard to through us off. I must admit that I have become a tad bit more interested in Eureka since the addition of Tess Fontana. There the relationships seem less confusing. It sure is nice to be able to go to either HULU or Fancast to watch the last five or more episodes.
blush
I'll have to check it out!
Okay hankmedfan now we know for sure that it was indeed a canard and Jill is now allowing old feeling from when she was first with Charlie cloud her judgment and erase the problems that made her want the divorce in the first place. Charlie loves her so much he was able to run off to Botswana or were ever for a year and not even bother to call apparently so he's just playing her for reasons unrelated to love. My opinion is people like that can't keep up the act for very long. Hank will piss me of and just be patient and nice waiting on Jill or just putting his feelings on hold until Charlie hits the road next season and in until then we have just sit back and wait.
Well we found out Boris has a genetic degenerative muscle disorder that is terminal and he was using an unproven off the wall long shot stem cell quackery to try to treat what ever it is.
And now as I predicted Divya ans Evan are inching closer to becoming friends then who knows whats next. We do know that Raj and her are going to have some kind of issue with their their engagement party, and I think it will be left up in the air what will happen to them next. But I predict they will wait until next season to to get even close to resolving the fact that they are not in love.

last edited over a year ago
 Okay hankmedfan now we know for sure that it was indeed a canard and Jill is now allowing old feeling
I was watching this episode again and a couple of things I see here. Boris can't ever die as long as the series in on. Hank needs a place to stay for free while he socks away cash in the bank. Most likely now he'll switch to Boris's bank. I would. Hank will come up with something that will turn out to be treatable but maybe not curable. For now the writers had to come up with a reason for Hank to stay in the guest house because in the pilot Boris's offer was for the summer. Now some of you may have forgotten that but then it wouldn't really matter because we're not going to know anything for months until the show comes back for the second season. I only hope they make next season a full 26 episodes.
Mean while we have to speculate whats coming so we don't just forget about the show till next year.
Will Divya and Raj break off their engagement?
Will Evan ever have guts enough to kiss Divya?
Will Hank find someone to replace Jill with so that when Jill comes crawling back saying she now knows she was wrong, Hank can say, sorry Jill but last summer you were just MSF (my summer fling)?
Will Tucker (I could make a real crude rhyme here but I won't) and Libby full fill her plan?
Will Even ever find out why he got the new nick name Gumby?

Stay tuned in same Hank Med time, same Hank Med channel.

Finally: If Evan and Divya were to make love next season would that make them, Gumby and Pokey? LOL
I hope this doesn't offend anyone I just couldn't resist it.
 I was watching this episode again and a couple of things I see here. Boris can't ever die as long as
over a year ago Chuckster said…
Gumby and Pokey? Very clever use of cartoon characters names for a joke.
I agree Boris can never die or a major part of the show is gone and Divya as hankmedfan said in another post is way too classy for Evan the money grubber. And yet she did kiss him and save him from that giant dude and Evan is growing and slowly changing. All this is so up in the air and the end of the season is closing in.
over a year ago HillaryC said…
kiss
What's the deal almost 100 fans and only about 6 or 7 of us ever have anything to say?
I think Divya is in a different class than Gumby, but only because her parents may have raised her as a bigot in the cast system of India where they are at the top and Evan would be one step above the Untouchables who dwell at the bottom.
And no I can't go away without laughing at the Gumby & Pokey Jokey. I was just reading some other really funny stuff on the Eureka site the goofa man wrote.
cool
ROFL, Councilman YOU ARE TOO MUCH!

You Wrote:
Will Divya and Raj break off their engagement?
---YES, EVAN WILL LIKELY BE INSTRUMENTAL IN THAT!
Will Evan ever have guts enough to kiss Divya?
---WELL, THEY HAVE LREADY, BUT MAYBE HE COULD KISS HER BACK NEXT TIME!
Will Hank find someone to replace Jill with so that when Jill comes crawling back saying she now knows she was wrong, Hank can say, sorry Jill but last summer you were just MSF (my summer fling)?
---DEAR COUNCILMAN, THAT'S MSG (MY SUMMER GIRL)! AND I'M VOTING FOR THE GIRL HE SAVED DURING THE FIRST EPISODE, SHE'D MAKE AN INTERESTING ADVERSARY FOR JILL!
Will Tucker (I could make a real crude rhyme here but I won't) and Libby full fill her plan?
---THAT'S A DEFINITE MAYBE!
Will Even ever find out why he got the new nick name Gumby?
---I SUPPOSE THAT IT DEPENDS ON THE REFERENCE POINT; IS HE BEING CALLED GUMBY BECAUSE OF HIS HAIR, HIS PHYSICAL APPEARANCE OR FOR CEREBRAL REASONS???? HMMMMM...

Stay tuned in same Hank Med time, same Hank Med channel.
---YES, I DO HOPE THEY DO THE NORMAL NUMBER OF SEASON EPISODES THIS FALL, HOW CAN YOU DEVELOP INTERESTING CHARACTERS IN 12(?) EPISODES; YOU CAN BARELY SCRATCH THE SURFACE, AND THAT'S WHY THERE AREN'T MORE FANS!

HAVE A GREAT DAY ALL!
hankmedfan My friend,
Sorry to have to point this out but Divya kissed Skinny not the other way around and he was in shock so it was nothing like a mutual kiss.
I have to say that if he were to try to kiss her now he'd get slapped. But at the right moment it could become mutual and we'll know that when we see it.

MSG has been used it's important that Hank one up Jill with MSF which shows he's thinking and not just copying her.

Angel is clearly from where I set a very shallow air head and not worth of Hank. They need to introduce an new element to the mix like they did to the Eureka program. They brought in a whole other woman for the lead to fall for and she's a whole prettier than the woman he was interested in before she pulled a Jill like deal on him with her ex. Wait a minute are these guys playing follow the leader?
I do have to say that Jill's friend Katie. The one Gumby went gaga over is not worthy of Hanks attention and way too "cerebral" for Gumby. I personally fine her average and that's about it. But then average and below people in the looks department need love too. I should know that.

Correct me if I'm wrong here but Gumby is just a bit short in the hair department and to use the term cerebral and Evan in the same sentence calls into question someone else's capacity for logical reasoning. lol

Finally: You did leave one thing I mentioned off your list but I'll just let that go.
 hankmedfan My friend, Sorry to have to point this out but Divya kissed Skinny not the other way aroun
smile
<snicker, snicker>
Touche' my dear friend CouncilMan. It would appear that you have made your POINT very clear :) Alas, we are not in control of the weird fancies of well-paid Hollywood script writers, series or otherwise. We can only watch with baited breath and express our cavils on fansites like this...
Oh, contraire mon fraire, to arbitrarily encompass my observations, opinions, and excogitations with your own self described superfluous, musings is in my opinion a miscalculation on your part that condemns me to a personification that does not match the deportment I would use to illustrate my own egocentrism. In other words. What?
Baited breath? Speak for your self I refuse to eat Sushi.
Now to recap. What were we talking about? I seem to be lost. lol
cool
Haw...Haw...Haw...You are too funny!
Well, I like that you wanted to one-up Jill's MSG by creating an MSF (kudos to you!) I simply switched My-Summer-Guy to My-Summer-Girl; oh well.
As far as the Gumby part you missed, well... never mind that part.
I don't get the Gumby allusion just yet though. Yes, Evan is skinny, but not so much as to be unattractive. And he's really nothing like the fictitious character. Actually, Evan is an enigma.
BTW, I hate SUSHI!!!! (sorry to yell)
I do think that Hank is 'hooked" on Jill; and that it may (based on this week's episode) be mutual.
So much for our mysterious musings, we have a long time to wait for any answers to any of our questions.
Meanwhile, have a nice day!