Royal Pains Evan is getting on Divya's Nerves

Councilman posted on Jul 13, 2009 at 02:59AM
It appears the writers are going to explore the romantic connection between Divya and Evan by having Evan call her by pet nicknames she can't stand. He's done it twice. First time at the Restaurant in "TB or not TB" and that time she corrected him when he called her Divs, this time just before boarding the chopper she simply dropped his bag on the tarmac when he called her Divsy.
I predict they will both have go no where relationships and or dates and at some point BOING they get together in a mad passionate embrace and kiss. I's just going to be along time in comming.
last edited on Jul 13, 2009 at 01:33PM

Royal Pains 9 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Aquarius121 said…
I'm really surprised there isn't much talk about Divya and Evan here! Now, I do like this show, but to be honest...right now I'm only watching it for their relationship. Just something about Hank makes me a bit bored. Hmm.
over a year ago Councilman said…
Let's take a minute to look at Hank. He let his Ex Nikki get to him more than he should have but then when you're in love and find the you trusted wasn't in it for love it can knock you for a loop. So I'll let that pass for now. Then he has a fling with Jill but can't decide if she's worth staying in the Hamptons for rather than just letting their relationship take it's course.
He heads out to Island to care for a young Pregnant woman and acts like a mother hen hovering over her like she's made of fine fragile crystal. We know he has never had a time when he was rebellious as a young person which means he's got some social retardation but it's not debilitating.
In my opinion we should look at Hank only as the central character and to the main focus of the program other wise it might have been called Hank Med. I agree with you Aquarius121 that the developing connection between Divya and Evan is a key focal point, but we have to keep in mind they are going to draw this out a very long time. I say that because they have put up a number of obstacles that will have to be overcome both by Divya with Raj and then her parents, may be not in that order, but we'll know more later this week maybe. Then we have the whole Evan is still very immature in a lot of ways. But we also have to keep in mind that if all the questions were answered situations resolved it would get real boring real fast because the writers lack imagination when it comes to being realistic and or logical.
I watch because it's a lot better than House. I'm sick of him treating everyone with total disrespect especially Cuddy when she sticks up for him and seems to love him. i may never watch House again it's gotten old.
last edited over a year ago
 Let's take a minuto to look at Hank. He let his Ex Nikki get to him mais than he should have but then
over a year ago Aquarius121 said…
I see I'm talking with a serious Royal Pains fan here :)
I agree with you on House, he's getting a little on my nerves with the insults. Maybe because they have lost their shock value and now it's just annoying? I don't know. But I won't be able to resist staying away from it this season, maybe just to see how he is in the mental institution. And I might have been a little too hard on Hank...he's not too bad, I guess I was probably so excited for Divya and Evan that his parts seemed lackluster. But with a fresh mind, this weeks finale should be great!!!
over a year ago Lisa_Huddy said…
blush
ummm... i cant really say anything about hating house, cuz well, i dont. im a die hard house fan :)

BUT, sincce this is a royal pains fourm, in gonna talk royal pains. even after the finale, i ship divya and evan as a couple. haha even though divya is engaged. they seem to have a lot of chemestry and sexual tension... (and before i keep going on, just note to all RP fans, LISA_HUDDY STINKS AT SPELLING) they are just fun to watch. you may proceed with house hatred as long as im not here. go ahead :)
over a year ago Councilman said…
Hi Lisa, I would just like to point out that it's a long way from Sick of House mistreating everyone and getting on Aquarius121's nerves to hate. Personally I don't believe much in hate, except I hate the sin but not the sinner.
As for sexual tension I think they have are a step or two away from that point. Divya is in my view in denial and Evan doesn't know what he wants for breakfast let alone in a woman for more than a possibly romp in the hay. Of course I could be all wrong. The problem we all have is that when it comes to what may be next we are all at the mercy of the writers and often wonder why they can't seem to be just a little bit more realistic some times. They seem to just from one thing to another and never mind what came before or have any consideration for what may come next. But that's just me. d(o.o)b =D

over a year ago BondJBond said…
Sorry but House is old hat and Hank is fresh and new. I am only sorry they felt it was important to complicate Hank and Jill's relationship so much. They did a great job with Zoe being controlled by unseen paranormal forces that turned out to be cough syrup in Wonderland. It proved they could write good stories that were not about bad relationships if they wanted to. I think they just don't want to have to think that hard.
I think Divya will turn to Evan to help her get out of her engagement problem. I see them getting closer to being really good friends. Lovers I don't know about that.
over a year ago KicksGirl29 said…
heart
link

I think Evan and Divya are gonna end up hooking up one day. They are my fave 'couple'...Not a totally big fan of Hank and Jil
over a year ago ELnDK4EVER said…
I totally agree with Aquarius121 and that for the most part the reason for watching royal pains (besides the medical perspectives of the show) is to see how the relationship between Evan and Divya are. Also from a recent poll i came across i found out that Divya and Evan kissed (i also saw the picture of them). The only question i have and would be very grateful if anyone could answer is if any one knows what episode Evan and Divya kissed in? Again i would be very grateful to anyone who knows the answer to this question. Thank you.
over a year ago Tamisue91 said…
Evan and Divya kissed in the episode entitled "Am I Blue?" Season 1 Episode 10.