aleatório Unpopular Opinions!

uploaded900 posted on Nov 21, 2013 at 02:45AM
Rules:

* It has to be unpopular!! When I mean unpopular its sonething that most people disagree on and it isnt really a controversal topic.

* These are NOT examples! (ProLife/ProChoice, Anti/Pro Gay Marriage)

* No sexist, racist, homophobic, or faithist (yes thats a word) opinions

NEW RULE:

* You can be explicit as you want
last edited on Sep 22, 2017 at 12:24AM

aleatório 2382 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 1501-1550 of 2382

over a year ago jlhfan624 said…
I don't get the whole superhero fad. In fact I'm over it. I was over it before it was even a thing. Batman 20? Grrrreat. I'd honestly rather read the phone book.
BlindBandit92 commented…
Superheroes are not even a fad. There no mais a fad than anything else. over a year ago
over a year ago KataraLover said…
Taylor Swift isn't the "American's Sweetheart" that she's made out to be. She's absolutely FAKE! She's just as fake as Nicki Minaj's ass and Taylor didn't even have to get any plastic surgery or anything to be fake. She's a spoiled little brat with an inflated ego that isn't as sweet as she appears. She sued her teacher that taught her how to play guitar because he promoted on his website that he taught her (Talk about ungrateful, considering he taught her everything she knows), she even sued one of her own fans, she claimed that she never agreed to be in Kanye West's music video with her nude or for him to mention her name in the song when there was PROOF that she did when he recorded the phone conversation (Which is a horrible thing for him to do, but with this girl, it's understandable), always makes herself out to be a victim when she treats her ex-boyfriend badly, always finds a way to cause trouble with other celebrities on Twitter (Such as Katy Perry), and that's all just the tip of the iceberg. Plus her fans are ANNOYING as hell! Granted, I can't speak about every single one of them, but most of them will act like you murdered their mother and that you should be crucified if you think she's anything less than Jesus.

She's not even THAT talented. She has a good voice, but nothing special AT ALL and she has trouble singing on key in her live performances. I've heard actresses that aren't professional singers and don't have fantastic voices that sound better than her. While she does have quite a few good songs, most of her songs are just about her latest break-up. The only thing about her that is exceptional is her gorgeous looks but that doesn't buy me as a fan.

Even though I'm not a huge fan, I'd say that Miley Cyrus is MUCH better than Taylor. Why the comparison between the two? Because Miley gets hate for being trashy (Which she has been in quite a few things, I admit) but at least she's being honest and isn't fake like Taylor is. She never sued one of her fans, she even sent a video message to a dying fan, so she at least cares about her fans and people. Plus, unlike Taylor Money Grubbing Whore Swift, Miley doesn't care so much about money. Her latest album (Which came out a year or so ago) was released for free download BY HER! How many artist would do all that work and just give it out for free? Plus once at the music rewards she actually didn't go on stage to accept her award but instead had someone from a charity she was supporting go on stage to promote the charity and NOT her. On her Twitter, she even called out celebrities (No one by name but just celebrities in general) that she knows have PLENTY of money and therefore had NO EXCUSE not to donate to a charity. When Taylor does anything that seems for a good cause it's not the cause she promotes, it's herself with her name attached to everything. Miley even LOVES when people parody her songs, unlike Taylor who will sue someone, even a fan, on the spot.

Again, I'm not a huge Miley Cyrus fan, but she's definitely better than Taylor! She's at least not being fake, isn't afraid to be honest, cares about her fans, has a good sense of humor, a FAR SUPERIOR voice, and a better person over all. I know I'll either get people defending Taylor or just no comments at all. Oh well...
jlhfan624 commented…
I literally hate Taylor so much. Her Twitter is self serving, esp her likes which are ALL "Taylor is so great, here's why" and "Taylor is so generous and beautiful and perfect and actually a unicorn". And what's up with her trademarking everything?! Trademarked some generic lyrics from one of her songs and the term "swifties". Ugh she makes me so mad lol over a year ago
CokeTheUmbreon commented…
^ over a year ago
over a year ago 8theGreat said…
Honestly, I don't care one way or the other about "SJWs" or the "Alt-right". I'm all for political discussions and sharing ideologies, but going around yelling "Oh you're an SJW liberal snowflake!" "You're part of the alt-right nazi Trump supporter white nationalist hate mob!" is not how one goes about doing that. I'm getting a little sick of that kind of stuff. It just isn't productive.
uploaded900 commented…
Agreed. Those people are bebês who throw cadela, puta fits whenever someone doesn't think the way they do. I've been called a sjw just because I called someone out for using homophobic language. I've been also called a "white lover" for calling out a sjw for making hateful posts on white people out of spite. over a year ago
EgoMouse commented…
What homophobic language? over a year ago
EgoMouse commented…
Me too. My friends as well. We're gonna take back the word faggot and use it in a better way. I also like the word faggot mais than queer tbh. over a year ago
over a year ago CokeTheUmbreon said…
I don't mind eating biscuits and pancakes dry sometimes.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Riku114 said…
Netflix really annoys me with how biased to the SJW / Feminist / Left side it can be. Tbh I prolly wouldnt have it if it didnt have Supernatural and if my family werent the ones paying for it and using it. >.>
ThePrincesTale commented…
lol wat bro. How. Because the documentaries try and shed light on the unethical practices of big corporations? That's just investigative journalism. Journalism is meant to hold the powerful to account. It doesn't have a "Left" bias. over a year ago
^Sorry if that came out too harshly over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
TBH I thought that this comment was referring to 'Dear White People.' I've never seen that one though so I can't judge. I've heard so many things though; some people say it isn't as bad as they thought it would be. Others are screaming that the show is awful and racist. And honestly I should just watch it and see for myself... over a year ago
over a year ago ThePrincesTale said…
Not related to any of the above. I've wanted to say this before but I knew it'd get backlash.

It's always seemed to me that many people here are left-wing or left-leaning without even knowing it.
zanhar1 commented…
#MeProbably over a year ago
It just depends if you view "left wing" as a label/movement to affiliate yourself with, or merely a descriptor for someone who (on balance) holds mais left wing views than right wing views. IMO the better definition is the latter. over a year ago
Anyway thanks for listening to my whining, lel over a year ago
I kind of liked what I saw of Bill Nye Saves The World. I mean, it was a little cringeworthy to watch him try so hard to appeal to the "young hip kids" (but quite enjoyable as well), and there were a couple of things in the gender episode that I didn't care for (particularly the ice cream animation and the ending song) but it wasn't nearly as awful as I'd seen people on the internet claiming it was.
over a year ago zanhar1 said…
I actually don't think that Hermione is a very interesting character. I don't hate her but I don't think she's very interesting to me either.
Kuro_Hyou666 commented…
Haha same here. over a year ago
uploaded900 commented…
I was never a fã of her either over a year ago
KataraLover commented…
I like her but I'm not crazy about her. I prefer Luna and Bellatrix por FAR! She definitely better than Harry and Ron, they even said they'd be dead without her. over a year ago
over a year ago Kuro_Hyou666 said…
In my world, this would be considered an unpopular opinion, so I'll roll with it. I didn't think the Lord of the Rings movies were too long at all, in fact, I thought the length suited them perfectly. I guess I just loved the fact that they filmed it in NZ and I can never get enough of seeing our beautiful countryside, plus, the movies were amazing... I didn't think they were sub-standard, or boring, at all. Some of the greatest movies to have been released in recent years.
8theGreat commented…
In my house, watching Lord of the Rings in any other way than marathoning all the extended editions in one go is seen as sacrilege and is punishable por death. Okay, I might be exaggerating a little bit there, but I've not seen the theatrical version in years and I probably wouldn't be able to sit through it because it would be so weird. Definitely agree with you here. over a year ago
Kuro_Hyou666 commented…
Sacrilege? I like the sound of that. The extended versions were great, nothing like adding a bit of extra time to these already long movies. That sounded kind of sarcastic for some reason, though its not. I amor the extended versions as well. XD over a year ago
Articuno224 commented…
Couldn't agree more! over a year ago
Also, this is probably an unpopular opinion, but I found the Hobbit movies to be very average and I really didn't like them that much. I think they missed out quite a lot of stuff that they could have easily added in and they added a couple of unnecessary scenes in there (the mountain trolls near the start of the first movie springs to mind here).
8theGreat commented…
...I agree with you on this one, too. XD I only saw the first Hobbit and I do feel like I should watch the others just for the sake of watching them, but the first Hobbit kind of felt like a Lord of the Rings knockoff to me. It certainly wasn't the worst movie ever and it had its perks, but it was kind of a let down overall. over a year ago
Kuro_Hyou666 commented…
Yeah, you're right, it did feel like a Lord of the Rings knockoff. I think they should have done it in four movies, just to be different from LOTR and to be able to add in some of the stuff that they should have. One good thing about them was Benedict Cumberbatch as Smaug, though. One of the only really good things about the movies. over a year ago
Articuno224 commented…
Actually I think it's mais of an unpolar opinion to amor them (Especially mais than LoTR) Because most people amor LoTR and have many complaints about The Hobbit... I feel like I'm really in the minority when I say that I absolutely LOVED the Hobbit filmes as well, along with LoTR it's also my favourite filmes over a year ago
I don't dislike the new Bill Nye because it's supposedly 'pandering to the left' or whatever. I dislike it because to me it's just cringy. It has this "appeal to the youngsters" vibe to me. Like Mr. Lancer from Danny Phantom type cringe.
Who the fuck says Bill Nye "panders to the left", god I hate the world over a year ago
There has to be mais centrists, in order to appeal to a wider swathe of people. Incidentally, that's why I liked Hillary Clinton... she was very centrist. But we see how that turned out #stillbitter over a year ago
However, imma say something 'politically incorrect' and I feel comfortable enough doing so because we've engaged in our fair share of political conversations with each other. I just don't subscribe to the idea that both sides have an equal amount of "good points" or even close to it. Perhaps in the past when there wasn't such a dichotomy between them, there may have been. Back in the days when they both valued science (support for science was previously very bipartisan and Republicans had no qualms in funding scientific research) or when one side didn't want to wilfully destroy the environment. But we're now in a world where focus on economic fiscalism por conservatives is being side-lined in favour of 'alt-right', anti-science, anti-intellectual, xenophobic, trump-esque views. So much so that I honestly cannot think of any good points the Republican party holds. I mean, can you? over a year ago
over a year ago BlindBandit92 said…
This is an unpopular opinion outside of fanpop. Having a fictional character crush (No matter how they are presented) do not mean you have no life or you're lonely. Having crushes of any sort generally tend to showcase what you'd prefer if you were dating an individual so the idea of the character design appeals to you. You also appreciate the artwork of said character. I am kinda sick of people who judge harshly on this subject. It's no different than having a celebrity crush. You know why? Generally speaking those celebrities will never know you existed unless you finally meet them and it's a not a high percentage shot of doing that. People obsess over fictional characters the same way as people obsess over celebrities. Therefore the pot should NOT be calling the kettle black.
SilentForce commented…
I agree 100%. over a year ago
Riku114 commented…
XD I dont really have animê crushes per se (nor celebrity for that matter) but I agree XD over a year ago
Articuno224 commented…
Definitely agree! There is nothing weird or "wrong" about having a crush on fictional characters over a year ago
over a year ago CielXlizzy19 said…
I actually didn't hate the third Spider Man movie. I think all of Tobey's movies were sort of bad anyway and people only stand by his iteration of Peter because of childhood nostalgia or something, but in the context of those three, it wasn't as awful as people preach it to be. Andrew Garfield was an improvement, but still not spectacular. I really hope Homecoming is the best yet.
over a year ago ThePrincesTale said…
I like most veggies but man, cucumber is disgusting.
8theGreat commented…
I HAD SO MUCH RESPECT FOR YOU AND NOW YOU GO THROW IT AWAY WITH THIS POST. over a year ago
8theGreat commented…
Loljk I amor cucumbers but not that much. :v over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
Fight me u cheese lovin' dia old coffee mugs! over a year ago
I know I just fake over reacted about someone disliking a food that I like so this may be really ironic to say now.

I really, really, really detest the fact that we have to eat to survive. Everyone else is like "Oh wow food is so great! This looks delicious! Wow! I love food!" but I'm just over here like Ugh. Why do I have to eat. I hate food. I hate eating.

This isn't to say there aren't foods that I like or that I even love- I mean, I guess I really love cucumbers and I basically exist on cheese. But just. Ugh. If it werent for the foods that I like I would probably be 60 pounds and dead because I hate food. But no Im a fatass even though I eat like once a day lol.

I've legitimately considered switching to meal replacement bars/shakes so I can, yknow, not die. There have been days where I've just either forgotten or flat out refused to eat because UGH. UGH. EATING IS THE SINGLE MOT STRESSFUL PART OF EXISTING.
Well okay that's a hyperbole. But it really does suck.

I'm going out of state to visit my husbandfiance's family but his step mom is apparently allergic to everything and demands complete control of the kitchen and gets really angry if you don't like her food and I'm really really really nervous for that.... it keeps me up at night. It really does.

Okay looking through this it kind of looks like this might be some red flagged eating disorder thing? Guys before anyone comments being like NO 8 DONT BE ANOREXIC PLS- I'm fine lol. I don't go days without eating or eating very little, I do force myself to eat at least one proper full meal a day 'cause malnutrition sounds like a horrible way to die.
Thank God for cheese tho. This is all thanks to you, cheese. You have single handedly saved me from death, cheese and dairy products.
Thats not a joke either I basically am alive because I exist on cheese.

YES ITS LATE I WILL NOT APOLOGISE
zanhar1 commented…
Same here! I also hate that we have to eat to survive. I'm such a picky eater that it's actually pretty inconvenient. I won't eat any sea food, don't like most vegetables, and anything with cheese is gross (fight me m9). It's like going to the bathroom, I don't have time for that either. over a year ago
8theGreat commented…
hhOW DARE YOU DISLIKE A comida I amor over a year ago
THaSlimJim commented…
how the fuck do u not like comida ur name is ramen for fucks sake over a year ago
To be honest, I really don't like ecchi, hentai, yuri and yaoi at all. Not only that, but I really don't like fan-service in anime, because, even though I do like cute anime girls I find that it often distracts from the story, because the main character usually has a crush on some cute girl and they waste time screwing around with that, instead of focusing on the story. Besides, anime girls can be cute without them being overly sexualised, wearing slutty outfits and showing off their massive cleavages and panties.

One example of this is from an anime I started watching a couple of days ago, where the main character develops a crush on this girl who saves him from a monster in a dungeon - then, after that happens you meet his goddess who crushes on him, always bends over showing off her panties and her dress is ridiculously tight and shows off half her boobs and so short, all she has to do is bend over and you can see her panties.
Another example was in One Piece, where, after the time-skip, Eiichiro Oda or Toei (not sure which one) drew Nami and Robin's boobs way bigger and they show off their bodies a lot more than they used to. It's like they just did it to attract more fans, which annoys me because there are lot more things to like about One Piece than Nami's boobs, or Robin's way less conservative dress code.

Honestly, I much prefer a decent romance in an anime.
uploaded900 commented…
Yeah. The over sexualization of women in animê is why I used to hate it in the first place. I hate ecchi, hentai, and yuri too. I feel like any animê that sexualized female character for no reason like High School Dxd is gross and I refuse to watch anything with that shit xD over a year ago
BlindBandit92 commented…
^Did you ever consider you and her might be the reason I am throwing insults? I really don't care what you guys think of me in anyway. over a year ago
candylover246 commented…
To op: Saame over a year ago
I'm starting to realize that looks do matter in a relationship, at least to an EXTENT! I don't think that looks should be the most important factor or even a huge one, but it does matter. You should be attracted to the person you're with, especially if you want to get married. Let's face it, all of us who want to be in a relationship have let that affect who we'd go out with. However, personality and interests should still be the more important factors in a relationship.
Mongoose09 commented…
I agree with you, it shouldn't be the most important thing but I do believe there has to be some level of physical attraction to the person. over a year ago
I HATE when people use text talk for EVERYTHING! It is really so hard to type some of these things out. I mean with something like imo, lol, lmao, and such I'm fine with. However, a lot of things I have to go to google just to look up what the hell someone is saying because I don't speak text talk like that. It drives me crazy and I'm pretty sure I'm the only one who feels this way here on Fanpop.
zanhar1 commented…
ikr m8, it's pretty annoying tbh, imo. Lmao. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
But for real, I don't particularly mind it so long as I can understand what's being said and not every single word is text talk all the time. over a year ago
Articuno224 commented…
Same, there's a lot that I didn't know and needed to google as well over a year ago
over a year ago uploaded900 said…
It's so cringeworthy when people say "shook" and "woke" IRL. I never even liked woke (yeah it has good intentions, but it sounds stupid when people say it). Whenever I hear people say those words coming out of their mouths, I just roll my eyes.
THaSlimJim commented…
i didnt know it was a thing but then ppl were using it ironically and now it is everywere over a year ago
over a year ago SilentForce said…
I really hate live action remakes of animated movies/series' because they are killing all the magic that these movies had by making them look real.Also honestly,they are some things that simply work much better in animation than in live action.
Mongoose09 commented…
I agree with your last sentence for sure over a year ago
KataraLover commented…
I both agree and disagree at the same time. I don't really think live-action remakes kill the magic or anything, as long as it's faithful but adds its own spin. Remakes can even be better because they can fix some mistakes from the original and add mais detail. However, they can sometimes, like with Maleficent and Alice in Wonderland, be total crap and ruin the magic of the original. I also do think some things are better in animation. Despite my amor for The Little Mermaid, I don't want disney to do a remake of it. How the hell are they gonna have the actors talk and sing under water? I don't think the technology today is ready for that and they'll likely just CGI the characters and ruin the idea of it being live-action. They NEED to be able to talk and sing because Triton has FORBIDDEN going up to the surface and Ariel loses her voice when she becomes human. over a year ago
SilentForce commented…
@Articuno224 Well the fact that disney is making millions out of their live-action remakes,shows that the majority of people actually amor these movies. over a year ago
over a year ago SilentForce said…
I think that the whole"The original was crap but you are saying that it was good because you are blinded by nostalgia"thing is total bullshit and to me people who make such claim automatically loose every credibility.It honestly is annoying how people just can't deal with the fact that just because they think that the remake is better doesn't mean that everyone does and that the people who prefer the original actually have perfectly valid reasons for doing so.
zanhar1 commented…
Yessss! Thank you. This annoyed me so much over on the Winx spot. People are allowed to like the old one better. Just as people are allowed to like the reboots. over a year ago
KataraLover commented…
I feel like that is the case a lot of the times with a lot of people. They are blinded por nostalgia, though that's not always the case. At first, I didn't wanna say the live-action remake of Beauty and the Beast was better than the original and just said it was equal but eventually admitted it. Even when I try to explain my stance on something like how I think sequel characters like Jane (From Return to Neverland) is better than Wendy, why Melody (From The Little Mermaid 2: Return to the Sea) is better than Ariel (STILL ADORE HER), or why I think Scamp and angel (From Lady and the Tramp 2: Scamp's Adventure) are better than Lady and Tramp they just ignore my points and say they're from sequels and therefore aren't good. But I do think the both sides of the old vs new areas can be REALLY ANNOYING, they are sometimes right about nostalgia blinding them but are also wrong. It depends on the person and their reasons. To each their own in my opinion. over a year ago
SilentForce commented…
My point is that people have different tastes.You might think that the changes done to the remake improved the story but for some other these exact changes ruined it..So yeah,it doesn't really have much to do with nostalgia but mais with taste.Well I personally thought that the live-action"Beauty and the Beast"movie was far from being as good as the original for various reasons however I won't talking about this because I would get out of the subject if I do lol over a year ago
Songs never really 'wear out' for me. I can listen to the same song 10 times a day and I'd still love it as much as the first time.
KataraLover commented…
I have three words for you that will prove to be an exception to you "Let It Go" lol. But I'm pretty much the same! I actually probably listen to a song 20 times a day, maybe lol. over a year ago
SilentForce commented…
Same. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
@Slim Which ones lol? @Blind It's a hobby. xP over a year ago
The Trix are better than the Winx.

(why tf do I even watch that show anymore? :'D)
KataraLover commented…
HELL YEAH! Besides, Musa, Layla, and Techna are the only characters of the Winx that are interesting. All three of the Trix are interesting, especially Icy. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
^ Exactly. And the worst part is, those three are the most excluded Winx members. But yeah I think all three of the Trix are mais interesting characters; if only we could get decent back stories. I'd amor to learn about Icy the most. over a year ago
KataraLover commented…
If only the show limited to just those three being the main characters. The Trix would've probably gotten mais time to have backstory. Plus it would've gotten rid of a redheaded annoyance. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
For real though. over a year ago
over a year ago THaSlimJim said…
weeaboos r usually ok ppl
zanhar1 commented…
Agreed lol over a year ago
BlindBandit92 commented…
Ehhhhhh There's too much generalization. It's like saying animê fãs are usually okay people. I disagree tbh. over a year ago
I honestly think that Dark Bloom from Winx Club is pretty cool, at least in the first episode that she appears in. Why? Because she actually talks and does something besides hissing, growling, and acting like the main villain's little pet. She talked like an unofficial 4th member of the Trix, had some pretty good lines, was badass, did more than hiss and growl, and was entertaining. However, that is the only time that she's entertaining because afterwards, Dark Bloom would only appear as a personality stricken shell that acts more like a pet snake or Doberman than an actual villainess. She's MUCH better than normal Bloom but was still pretty lame. So why did I bother to make this confession? Because I feel like people that hate Bloom (I DESPISE her too) don't give Dark Bloom in her first appearance the appreciation she deserved. She's not as good as the Trix, but was entertaining in her first appearance, since they let her actually TALK and have a character outside of being an evil pet. But that's just me.
I don't blame the writers of Once Upon A Time for not being able to get around to certain storylines that were supposed to be addressed. Why? Because since the actors that play these characters needed for the storylines have other projects that conflict with being able to be involved in it. They can't just wait to appear when the story is ready for it because these actors still have bills to pay and still gotta eat, so they have to be in other projects. That's why I'm not as upset about the whole Lily's father storyline not being done because of how the actress likely has other projects going on. Mulan's storyline couldn't be done so easily because Jamie Chung is a main character on another show. Plus, the show has had other major things going on with the main characters that don't give them time to help very much. *SPOILERS* Emma becoming the dark one, having to deal with the insane King Arthur, Hook becoming the dark one, going to the Underworld, dealing with Hades the god of death, having to deal with Rumple taking away the magic for his own selfish reasons, Henry trying to destroy magic, dealing with Mr. Hyde, Regina splitting herself from The Evil Queen and having to deal with her, Emma dealing with this vision of her being killed, and now having to fight the greatest evil they had EVER faced in a final battle that could cost Emma her life *END OF SPOILERS*. It kind of makes finding Lily's father and other storylines people complain about being dropped looked minor by comparison, don't you think? But sure, let's only blame the writers for this and not take into account the actors being just as responsible for this. That seems pretty logical *rolls eyes*. Just my personal opinion.
I think Anastasia Tremaine/The Red Queen from Once Upon A Time in Wonderland is just as good as the characters from the original Once Upon A Time. She's not as good as Regina, but she is still an awesome character. She has a well-done backstory, her development was pretty well handled, she has a lot of awesome lines, her actress is fantastic (One of the most talented actresses I've ever seen in my opinion), and is an absolute delight.
 I think anastasia Tremaine/The Red queen from Once Upon A Time in Wonderland is just as good as the c
I didn't think Lavender Town was creepy as a kid. I thought it was cool and I really liked the music.
While I do think therapy is a great thing to have and even am in therapy myself, I can understand why people don't wanna hang out with them. My older sister is becoming a speech therapist and is acting like she knows everything about psychology. She's psychoanalyzing everyone like crazy. When she looked at me texting and noticed that I sent a long one (as long as a text can be, since a few sentences can look longer when texted on a phone) she said "Don't send twelve messages, that's socially inappropriate," and I wanted to throat punch her. It's no wonder a lot of people don't wanna hang out with psychologists when they meet people like my sister that act like they know everything and no one likes being psychoanalyzed when they didn't even sign up for therapy. Not to make this a post just hating on my sister, but my sister also is acted like she knew all about dyslexia and that it only had to do with letters, words, and numbers when that's only one form of it and there are A LOT of different forms besides just ones that involve letters, words, and numbers. When she said, "Who's taken the most psychology classes?" when I tried to correct her, I was about to tell her that my therapist things I have a different form of dyslexia and I'm pretty sure my therapist has A LOT more experience and knowledge than she does until my mom made us stop. Besides, my sister is involved in speech therapy, I'll call her is dyslexia ever causes a problem with someone's speech.

Anyway, with my ranting about my sister that everyone likely found annoying for me to talk about, I can see why people avoid people in the psychology field. No one wants to feel judged or anything and people like my sister don't exactly help that. I do still think that it's a good thing for people and there are plenty of great people in this field, but no one wants to be around someone who can't seem to turn off the psychoanalyzing and they seem to have an inflated ego.

Sorry if I annoyed anyone by also complaining about my sister in this confession.
Riku114 commented…
Huh. I never really heard of people avoiding people in psychology before XD over a year ago
KataraLover commented…
Well, they usually feel awkward because they're afriad of being psychoanalyzed, though not everyone gets awkward about it at first unless the person in psychology starts doing it out of nowhere. over a year ago
Words are worse than sticks and stones breaking your bones. Bones eventually heal, but emotions are harder to heal. Words hurt a lot more and stick with someone worse than physical injuries. A lot of things that were said about me in High School, Middle School, and even some from Elementary School still hurt sometimes when I think about them. To quote Demi Lovato's song Fix a Heart, "You can bandage the damage but you never really can fix a heart."
8theGreat commented…
I agree with this. Of course physical pain and trauma are terrible horrible things but verbal abuse can be just as difficult to overcome. We're a social species, so a lot of our emotional well being comes from our peers and interactions with others. I think people sometimes forget how hardwired into our biology that sort of thing is, even for the most introverted of us. We all need to feel loved and accepted. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
Yeah, I totally agree. Once physical pain is gone, it's gone. You never truly forget about words. There are things in retrospect that bother me, that people have said to me in high school and I wish that back then I would have had the balls to speak up. over a year ago
like i like bacon nd all but i rlly hate bacon scneted/flavor things
Riku114 commented…
^They are always really bad over a year ago
I honestly don't think the live-action Bratz movie is as awful as it's made out to be. Don't get me wrong, it's a REALLY BAD movie, but I've seen plenty of worse movies. It's pretty forgettable and doesn't really get under my skin like other bad movies do. Can't defend it and I don't like it AT ALL, but it's not as bad as it's made out to be.
zanhar1 commented…
Agreed. It's kind of a dumb movie but I don't think it's as bad as some. over a year ago
Sequels and remakes can be better than the original.
I really don't like the idea of Disney doing a live-action remake of The Little Mermaid. I'm usually open-minded to live-action remakes, within reason, and The Little Mermaid is my favorite Disney movie, but I'm not sure a live-action remake of that movie is a good idea. I mean, how are they going to have the characters sing and talk underwater? I don't think Disney (or any company) has the technology for that yet. Being able to talk and sing underwater is very important because of how Ariel loses her ability to do so when she's on land and becomes human. Plus how Triton needs to be able to talk and argue with Ariel, which has to be under water because of how Triton has forbidden merpeople (and likely sea creatures in general) from going up to the surface, which Ariel does because of her love of humans. Making the under the sea scenes in complete CGI would just be cheap. I really just don't think it's a good idea because the technology isn't ready yet and I don't know when it'll ever be ready.
Honestly I like pretty much everything in terms of music and movies and books. There is very little that I will not read/watch/listen to. Even things I used to hate, I usually end up enjoying--like MLP. I don't really think that shows like MLP and Bad Girls Club are exactly quality or complex. But I enjoy them for what they are--MLP is just cute so I enjoy it. BGC is stupidly entertaining.

TL;DR I can name maybe one show and a handful of songs off of the top of my head that I don't like.
Riku114 commented…
^Same. over a year ago
BlindBandit92 commented…
Ya same it's not much I won't read/watch/listen/play/etc as well. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
Makes life easier. over a year ago
over a year ago BlindBandit92 said…
Just because something is not up your alley doesn't mean it's a fad. If something been around for decades and many people still enjoy it and the interest isn't randomly go to another thing suddenly it's not a fad. It really bothers me when people randomly label things and they have no idea why it's being labeled. Or doing it for a stupid reason. "Omg I really don't like this thing. It's dumb and will be out of the limelight soon enough" IS NOT always true. I wish more people will understand if someone likes something that doesn't mean you can't have some courtesy in being respectful of others taste. I really really hate Katniss Everdeen. (After watching the last movie and reading some of the books. That doesn't mean I'll insult someone randomly that does like her characer. It's idiotic and no point in doing so. "I hate sports and everyone who likes it are stupid" Aren't you a special snowflake. Like nj for stereotyping an entire fandom because of your prejudices against sports. I bet that same person would be butthurt and salty like the dead sea if anyone insulted them the same way I think some people literally like reading/hearing the shit they say so they can feel a misguided pride about themselves and it's kinda sad and pathetic.
im getting rlly rlly bored of weird hair colors
no o-fence if u have a weird hair color its just boring 2 me now
THaSlimJim commented…
i spelled it o-fence on purpose btw if any1 has a problem pls file a complaint w my secretary over a year ago
God_of_the_Dead commented…
That secretary would be me por the way. :-) over a year ago
typing in bad grammar is fun nd totally ok
u should try it
"13 Reasons Why" isnt nearly as bad as people make it sound. I mean its bad, but not [that] bad. But maybe thats because I havent finished it yet (I think Im on like episode 8). I went in expecting the worst cause of what I heard but its not that horrible.
ALSO FIDGET SPINNERS ARENT REALLY FIDGET TOYS.

*aherm*

Sorry. Fidget spinners arent really fidget toys. They are just toys since you dont even really fidget with them. If you dont fidget with them, dont call them a fidget ___. Its just wrong, misleading, and taking advantage of a trend to make money.

Those things really seem to do nothing more than be distracting just like a toy and give a bad name to fidget toys that actually help learning and help with ADHD, Anxiety, etc.

Like Im sorry if I sound like Im blowing it out of proportion but it just annoys me.
8theGreat commented…
preach over a year ago
I never understood sayings like, "her/his beauty is overrated." What does that even mean lol? How can someone's looks be overrated. Overrated implies that they get more praise than they deserved. For one I think everyone deserves to be called beautiful in some way or another. For seconds if loads of people agree that a person is good looking then there has to be something about the person that is attractive (from a biological stand point too probably).

"But what about unconventional beauty???" Never said that, that wasn't a factor. People have different beauty standards. Personally I love gothic beauty and it doesn't get much attention. But who am I to say that people like Emma Watson and Katie McGrath have overrated beauty? Popular = overrated. On a personal level I think that Emma has a very average and conventional beauty but she's obviously pretty and deserves the compliments. Overrated: have a higher opinion of (someone or something) than is deserved. In other words just because I don't think she's anything particularly special doesn't mean that she isn't extremely attractive to others. And their opinions and standards are just as solid as mine.

I've discussed this before in a more general sense. Because in general I hate the term overrated and I'm so tired of how it's abused. To a degree I don't even think that overrated should even be a thing, because it implies that there is one objective standard at which quality should be rated. When in reality the quality of someone's looks, a movie, a show, or a book are purely subjective.

TBH I think people who use the term overrated tend to be egotistical to some degree. For me overrated implies that someone has to set the standard as to what is good and what is bad. And usually the person using 'overrated' is implying that he/she sets the standard. I have run into so many people online who have tried to tell me that because they say that something is bad it automatically is (like the chick who insisted that the 4kids dub is shit) or the reverse (that MLP is like the best show ever and I was wrong for disagreeing).
BlindBandit92 commented…
I agree wholeheartedly. Most people who abuse overrated are fucking morons and egotistical to boot. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
9 out of 10 times these people are the same people who think that their opinions are facts. Like I could say that my favorito color is blue and they'd be like, "actually no, the best color is laranja and that's a fact." And when you try to explain that "orange is beautiful" is just an opinion, they get all pissy. That's what annoys me. I don't think I'd be so hot and bothered if this wasn't the case. If it was a matter of the person saying that they on a personal level think something is overrated, I can disagree but look past it. It's when they act like they hold the opinion-holy-grail that it annoys me. over a year ago
BlindBandit92 commented…
^Agreed over a year ago
It's really weird to me when people call out people for doing stuff for attention or all people attention whores. We're a social species, of course we want attention to some degree and of course we're going to seek it out if we don't feel like we're getting enough. I would be willing to bet money that every single person on this planet has done something for attention in some capacity to some degree. Even the most introverted and shy of us.
zanhar1 commented…
I am a proud attention whore! The only thing I'd call someone on is using suicide threats (that they know they aren't going to act on) for attention. over a year ago
I prefer it when people make long paragraphs explaining how they feel about something instead of just a sentence saying something like "I don't like character/movie/show/book/etc." Why? Well, I like to know their reasoning behind it and it helps me to see their point of view. I won't be likely to agree with them but I do like to see a different perspective and being able to understand their opinion better. True, I don't want to read a novel about their opinion on a subject like that, but several long paragraphs don't really bother me. I don't see it as whining, unless they say it a certain way or something, but rather just them explaining their point of view.
Riku114 commented…
^Same. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
Same here. But I don't mind if they leave it at one sentence. over a year ago
8theGreat commented…
Considering the fact that I use far too many words to express simple opinions and often times have to rephrase things to stay within word limitations, I feel validated. Thank you. over a year ago
I don't know why anyone would like hunting AT ALL! If you like hunting that's your opinion and I hope you're not offended by this, but I think it's horrible. I don't see how killing an animal for just the pure sport of it is fun at all. I understand why it exists since even today there are parts of the world that still need to do it for food, but a lot of the hunting you hear about it just for the mere fun of it. I don't want to kill an animal that hasn't harmed me in any way and has a family that would miss it. It's also reasons like that, that magnificent creatures like lions, tigers, other big cats, and all sorts of animals are becoming endangered and need to be in captivity in order to avoid extinction. I hate when hunters say that they're just dumb animals and that I only feel this way because of the movie Bambi. I'd like to see how they'd feel if someone was trying to kill them just for the fun of it or killed someone they loved for the same reason. No, I'm not one of those vegans, but I still think animals have feelings and no one likes to be hunted and killed. I'll likely get some backlash for this but this is just my personal opinion.
I'm not sure if this is an unpopular opinion or not but whenever I'm debating, I'm never really trying to change someone's opinion, especially since I know that it's unlikely to happen. Anytime I've changed someone's opinion it's always a surprise to me. I'm just trying to share my point of view, I'm usually blunt about it that it can come across as rude to others but I'm not trying to be rude. Usually, if I meet someone on Fanpop who agrees with everything I say (which only happened with two users) it freaks me out. Luckily, I find plenty of differences between us, which makes me relieved. I think most people would be happy to have someone who agrees with them on everything but I really wouldn't AT ALL. I mean, that's basically like just hanging out with me and I don't want to be with me, I'M WITH ME ALL THE TIME! I love hearing and sharing different opinions because they can tell me something I've never thought of or I could be sharing with them something they've never thought about.
zanhar1 commented…
This is kinda how I am. I don't want to change someone's opinion so much as here a new perspective and maybe learn something. I like being able to find the middle ground/come to some sort of consensus where both of us can nod our heads and walk away from the computer satisfied lol. Plus I just like the discussion. Also gotta ask, who are the two people lol? over a year ago
KataraLover commented…
Oops, this is actually a confession I made about a ano or two atrás on a different club confession and I guess I forgot to editar that part out. I honestly don't even remember who the two people are lol. over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
Yeah that would probably make it harder to remember. over a year ago
Emotional/Psychological abuse [is not] any better or worse than physical abuse. I often read on the internet and hear people talking about how its 'just' emotional abuse and stuff similar to that. Heck even I have the initial response like that.

Aside from the fact that the two often go hand in hand together, both are horribly devastating things for people to go through and both create long term effects. Neither one is better nor worse than the other.

Im not too sure on sexual abuse however. Id have to think more about that, but I have a pre-disposition to thinking that one ranks supreme on the types of abuse.
zanhar1 commented…
TBH I feel like emotional/psycological is almost worse. Physical can heal eventually--depending on the severity--emotional messes with you long time. And psychological can alter the way you think entirely--I've seen it happen. But like you said I think that they both go hand in hand and are both truly awful to witness and experience first hand. I also know two people who were sexually abused both people say that (at least for them) it was a terrible form of psychological abuse. over a year ago
Riku114 commented…
I know one person who was sexually abused and geesh it does not sound fun. :| And same here tbh. over a year ago
I find it very easy to get along with most people. There are exceptions of course. But I feel like I'm very compatible with all types of personalities. I mix better with some than others. But there are very few types of people that I refuse to even try to work with.
BlindBandit92 commented…
Generally despite popular opinion I am the same way but the main difference is I am mais confrontational against people I dislike. over a year ago
TheLefteris24 commented…
@Zanhar Same here !!!! over a year ago
zanhar1 commented…
@Blind I can see that. over a year ago
SilentForce commented…
Same over a year ago
plain foods r better than fancy gourmet ones tbh
over a year ago uploaded900 said…
I dont find the wearing your boyfriend's shirt thing romantic or appealing.
Zeppie commented…
When your bf smells nice and you wear his jersey or he lends you his jaqueta then it's pretty appealing lel. over a year ago
8theGreat commented…
*lounging around the house in fiance's boxers and old shirt* Uuuh.... Y-yeah man... t-totally not appealing.... haha. over a year ago
THaSlimJim commented…
its appeling when ur bf has a better fashion sense then u nd everything he owns is like 300 dollars over a year ago
I try to keep away from political topics but I just felt like saying this. The Electoral College is proof that having the right to vote means absolutely NOTHING! Saying women and people of color have the right to vote doesn't mean anything, same with white men. The popular vote, meaning our vote/the vote of the people, doesn't mean anything and the only votes that matter are the votes that come from the Electoral College. The Electoral College vote is a lot more minimal, but their votes count for more than our vote does. I hate to bring up the last election, but Hilary was WAY ahead of Trump in the popular vote but Trump only won because of the Electoral College vote. Why should we even bother to vote if we basically don't have any say in who the winner is? Even if the tables were turned and it was Hilary that won the Electoral vote and Trump that won the popular vote, it would be unfair because it would still mean that our vote means absolutely NOTHING. Why should we even go out and vote if our vote basically means nothing?
8theGreat commented…
The reason the electoral college exists is so mais populated areas like California and New York don't have mais power than less populated states like Wyoming or Alaska. It's not the best system, no, but it does serve a purpose. over a year ago
8theGreat commented…
Not to mention that the right to vote extends WAAAY beyond the presidential election, even if that's the election everyone thinks about. Our votes count a *lot* towards local elections, which are arguably just as important as the presidential election. We do elect the people in the electoral college, after all, not to mention all the local offices that affect our daily lives like school board members and governors. over a year ago
8theGreat commented…
Not to be defending the electoral college- I think it's an outdated system tbh- but the electoral college doesn't render our votes meaningless imo. over a year ago
EgoMouse commented…
No, then Hillary would of won fair and square. Would Hillary voters be satisfied if it was the case? Electoral vote is better than the popularity system. over a year ago