Private Practice what happened to Naomi?

MaryContrary posted on Oct 02, 2007 at 10:38AM
Why did the actor who played Naomi in the pilot get switched out? The new one just isn't believable. Nice, but doesn't fit. She reminds me of a professional singer (opera or broadway?) I knew ages ago, totally beautiful, but the singer had a killer smile and a great laugh and I don't see that in this actor at all.

Private Practice 3 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago Nav said…
I just found out (I must admit I haven't actually seen the show other than the Grey's eps) that they changed Naomi. Weird... Were the Grey's eps not planned as a pilot?
over a year ago petunia04 said…
Well she is an opera/broadway singer - she's won at least one Tony award - Audra Macdonald. I don't think she is the right fit either - something is a bit off in their chemistry - maybe we just need a few more episodes. The other Naomi looked younger and prettier - more of an obvious match for sam.
over a year ago MaryContrary said…
The other one actually seemed older to me, but way more easy to buy. The lack of chemistry between this actor and the Addison actor bothers me more than the lack of chemistry between Sam and Naomi.

So that's kinda strange - this is probably the first actor I've ever seen in person when they weren't working. If Audra's got to act, I'd put her (as I remember her) in a waaaay different role, one more dynamic, in which both her energy and her charm, wit and subtlety would have room.