Os Pinguins de Madagascar No foruth season?

SaturdaySurpris posted on Dec 16, 2011 at 09:35PM
A rumor had started that there will be no fourth season. Does anybody know more about this?

Os Pinguins de Madagascar 54 replies

Click here to write a response...
Previous

Showing Replies 1-50 of 54

over a year ago quasomeness said…
2 days ago, Bob Schooley, the executive producer for PoM, said on his Twitter "@Slicknickshady @ravivullman Penguins has wrapped, maybe next show."

James Patrick Stuart, voice actor for Private, said on his Facebook that he doesn't think that Nick wants PoM anymore.

The potential reason: When I say potential, I'm just predicting. In Febuary of 2010, I don't remember who, but someone got a vice president promotion. This person is responsible for supervising, marketing, and scheduling shows that go on Nickelodeon. This could have been an impact, but I'm not 100% certain.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Zelda4Efas said…
crying
Noooooooooooooooooooooo! CURSE YOU NICK! CURSE YOU BLOWHOLE! (just a quote, not rlly) WHAT IS THERE TO NOT LIKE ABOUT POM??? WHY? WHY!?

*slams fist into wall*
This makes me want to hug Nick...with my fist!
over a year ago Matchmaker11 said…
crying
*crying* NO I REFUSE TO BELEIVE IT!!!! *slams head into wall several times* NO! NO! NO! NO! IT SHALL NEVER DIE!!!!!!
over a year ago SaturdaySurpris said…
smile
Vote for the penguins at KCAs!!!
over a year ago ImAnEasel said…
*Pretends not to have read this* *waves hands in circular motions in front of face* I didn't see anything!
over a year ago KowalskiTheLich said…
I don't see how it would in any way be a good decision for them...next to Spongebob, it is their second most popular show, and based on all the other animated series on that channel...they really need POM to stay.
over a year ago krazy4kowalski said…
angry
I knew this was coming when they added Kung Fu Panda. When POM started, it was created to warm up the audience for more Dreamworks spinoffs to come. They never really expected the fame of the show. So now that the new show is on, they're going to focus on that, rarely play POM, and when it goes off the air, no one but us will notice.
^You do have a point. However, PoM was the 2nd most popular show on Nick in October of 2009, 6 months after the show premiered. 6 months later, it aired only 2 times a day, not necesarily at convinient times.

What Nick did with PoM, in order to leave room for new series, wasn't a very respectful decision towards the Nick/PoM viewers or producers.
crying
We need some kind of publicity stunt to attracted attention to the show so they'll have to focus on it. But that's unrelistic...
^Star Trek had a letter writing campaign to earn Star Trek another season. It's totally possible to repeat history, but quite difficult.
meh
^ Let's try it! It's worth a shot. Besides, I'm already to involved in the show to have it end.
over a year ago Zelda4Efas said…
cool
Notify me when this is ready. I am going to sign if it's the last PoM thing I do.
over a year ago cattoy10 said…
smile
I'm willing to do anything to save PoM.
PoM is all my life, When it ends then my life is over, i will never smile again :(
@Quasomness
i`m with you and Matcmaker. It`s difficult but lets give it a try.We just have to believ (trust me; believing sounds very weird and a lot of you may think it`s not going to help, but your wrong. It`s my moto: You can do anything if you just believe in yourself. Believing is the key to everything
We just have to try.
over a year ago cattoy10 said…
smile
Please don`t tell me i sound like a hippie
i hate hippies, i just want to slap them
over a year ago 27Kowalski said…
smile
^So True! I don't like hippies too! xD
I agree with you!
hmmm
But they are releasing a new DVD: Operation Get Ducky. So maybe it will go on for a while.
over a year ago mordecaith said…
angry
Yes, I knew this was coming, and I seriously HATE this!!!
smile
Alright! Now how do we start a letter writing campaign? Do we all just send Nickolodeon letters?
^Just to keep everything organized, we should probably create a fourm with pledges to send the letters if we want to go ahead with this.
over a year ago mostar1219 said…
angry
The day I wouldn't mind POM getting off the air is the day that I would want to kill Kowalski, WHICH IS NEVER GONNA HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
smile
^^ Alright, so in that forum we would let everyone know we're sending a letter. So does anyone know what address to send it to?
Their mailing address is 1515 Broadway, New York, NY, 10036.

Their phone system always makes you leave a message (doesn't even put you on hold). In my experience, I haven't gotten a response from Nick. We'll get more luck with mail.
smile
^ Thanks! But, how did you find that out?
hmmm
On the Blowhole Comic Con they said that they don't Read fan forums.
^ We're sending letters, the forum is just to keep it organized so we know who sent letters.
@Matchmaker11 I've found it out by typing in "contact nickelodeon" on Google, as one thing I did. I also phoned Nick, where the answering machine said their mailing address. You can't really find it on nick.com.
over a year ago splotchwolf said…
wait what's the forum name?
hmmm
What exactly are we going to say?
^It may vary from person to person on what you are to say. But I would still like to follow the quote "Our primary purpose is to help others. If you can't help others, at least don't hurt them." - Dalai Lama.

That means, let's keep our letters positive. Let's use "I" messages about how you feel. Nick will be more likely to reply to positive letters rather than it being written with a complaining mood to it.

Personally, I complimented Nick on PoM, saying it's a great show, and saying that I'd definitely watch the 4th season, if any. I even asked where to legally obtain the episodes.
over a year ago krazy4kowalski said…
^Yeah, something tells me they're not just going to hand over the rights.

Also, it might not just be Nick causing the problem. Remember, Dreamworks owns POM too, as well as Kung Fu Panda. They might not want POM to interfere with Madagascar 3 sales. So maybe someone should send a letter to Dreamworks offices too.
surprise
Things arent looking too good. What if the end of ´Blohole strikes back´was the ending for Blowhole,´Loathe at first sight´the end of the Doris problem and the next episode with Hans the end for him?
over a year ago doctorboffin said…
angry
this is so dumb! I am soo angry I mean this show was so amazing it was my life! Every episode was my life and this is just evil! this makes blowhole look good!(though he is a good charcter)and SaturdaySurpris has a point the are killing off all the problems. I mean the killed off the Savio, Clemson, Lulu,and Rhonda problem in one episode, they also got rid of the blowhole problem though I herd that Dr. Blowhole may be comeing back. all I know is we have to do somthing! its so stupied they alwats get rid of the good shows Invader Zim, Wildthornbearrys, Hey Arnald and they got away with it! but this i can't take i can't loss POM I can't loss my LIFE! yo know the quote "In a world of mediocre minds Where genius is dissed by ignoramous mankind." well I think that it shoul be "In a world of mediocre SHOWS. Where GOOD ONE is dissed by ignoramous mankind." I mean if they are replacing it with Kung POO Panda what is a horrbly written, acted, and made TV show. Well at least I can say a good thing, at least we have the rest of season 2 and season 3.(in less they cancel it before than.)

@krazy4kowalski You may be right. We should also contact Dreamworks since they own the franchise. I found Dreamworks contact info on their website. To go to their website, click link.
I also agree that Madagascar 3 could possibly have something to do with this.

@doctorboffin I totally understand how you feel. I have to agree that the decision of the responsible party (either Nick, Dreamworks, or both) wasn't necessairly respectful to us.
over a year ago Gumball17 said…
Why would you be worried about PoM interfering with Madagascar 3 sales? I looked on Dreamworks Wiki, and it said that just about ALL of the PoM characters are gonna be in Madagascar 3. Though the internet might have lied. It's done it before.
over a year ago penguin014 said…
angry
Nick....i thank you for giving us all the good times we've had...from finding out ronda was a spy...to our first 30 min special i almost died waiting for...seeing charicters like skipper soften up for a bit with a girl...giving us our beloved doris moments...and our funny moments when our penguins epicly fail but get back up and fix it...(kind of XD) seeing blowhole and having our own 1 hour movie! Where it actually felt like you guys had cared for our thoughts when you aired like 105 commercials for it...we love everything about PoM....but this is just wrong! Telling us it will air everyday! While we waited and got left to watch spongebob! Now kung fu panda! Its sad to think we dont even bother checking to see if PoM will be on because were so used to being let down!! Its WRONG! and i will do everything it takes....*sigh* i dont want to continue because i cant take it.....
over a year ago doctorboffin said…
Penguin014 has a point we have had some great times and we have secen this show grow up, but we are not ready to leave it. I watched my first(and my last)episode of kung POO panda and it sucked I don't see how anyone in there right mind could like it. Though I did hear that there are at least 2 more spicails to come and maybe another season so lets enjoy what we have left and then kick Nicks a** and make them relase more episodes and lets make sure their good and have lots of Blowhole episodes.
I created a petition to earn PoM a fourth season and better time slots. To go there, click link. Tell me if this petition is too negative in mood.
over a year ago athanlao93 said…
I just added the link to the petition to all of my Penguins videos on YouTube. I've also sent out messages to the Penguins fans and highest viewed channels of PoM there to do the same.

Hope it helps!
big smile
Everything helps.What I´m going to do is not just tell Dreamworks that I love the show but count up the fans,likes,follows,ect on all the other websites.
over a year ago iloveprivate said…
crying
crying
I´m feeling soooo depressed! Especially cuz Skipper´s my boyriend!
over a year ago Shad0w81 said…
If PoM is cancelled i will, and I'm not kidding, gather every single positive comment that I possibly can on both this site and the Signon.org petition, print them out, and personally drive down to Nicktoons Studios (when I get my first car) to try to convince them to keep airing the show. And I actually will, I live in California.
I hope u can convince them!!
^ I agree. That would probably convince them, because so many people have made really positive comments about it. In fact, when people are saying that Nickelodeon has turned into crap, they usually say that The Penguins of Madagascar is the only quality thing on there, so it's almost like Pom is the center of Nick's existence!
over a year ago Private1sCut3 said…
Has anyone got a reply from nick on getting POM a fourth season?

I will write them a letter but it will be about how much I love POM and nothing threat-like. I also signed the petition and are getting family and friends to sign it. =) If James Patrick Stuart said that nick feels like they have enough episodes than we need to show nick that there is loads of fans across the world who enjoy watching POM still! We need to have a voice in this! Nick should be playing what the people want! And the people want Penguins of Madagascar!!! I hope you guys are writing letters too.
 Has anyone got a reply from nick on getting POM a fourth season? I will write them a letter but it
^ Can you PLEASE give me Nick's contact information? Please?
over a year ago Private1sCut3 said…
smile
Here are Nick's contact info I found.

Nickelodeon
1515 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
212-258-7500- Phone Number!

Nickelodeon Studios-Florida
1000 Universal Studios Place
Orlando, FL 32819
407-363-8500- Phone Number

Nickelodeon Animation Studios
231 West Olive Avenue
Burbank, CA 91502
818-736-3000- Phone Number

I'm not sure which to send my letter to so I might just send a letter to each address =P
hmmm
I rlly rlly hope they think about it again.
Thank you so much! Also, you should send it to the California branch, that's where they make the show.