Penelope What did you think of the ending??

Michellebob posted on May 22, 2008 at 04:19PM
I just wanted to ask because i wasnt sure about her nose changing. Fair enough it was about accepting yourself and voila magic happens but it was sending out a mixed message.

Anyone else think so??

Penelope 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago EclecticFan said…
yer a lil but she had accepted herself and she personally was ready to live her life withoher 'pig' nose she didnt care and i think by having johnny/max kiss/accept her before he knew her nose had change, concreted the message for the ausience i loved how he pulled away from her at the end
over a year ago DefineDelicate said…
Yeah i like how they made the kiss scene turn out..hehe..that was a way for her to know he loved her even with the nose..unlike Edward, ugh...lol

gah it feels funny now to think of Edward as a bad guy because i'm like Obsessed with Edward Cullen...LOL...random i know..lol
over a year ago pink_martini2 said…
When we found out Johnny wasn't really Max, I automatically pictured an ending where Penelope chooses Johnny over Edward, thus choosing to keep her nose.

I felt losing her nose really took away the meaning of the movie (for me), At least the message lost most of it's weight.

I mean, she didn't have to be become "beautiful" for a happy ending. Kinda like how it happened to Princess Fiona in Shrek.
over a year ago 4196 said…
smile
I liked her with the nose, and that Max/Jhonny was going to love her anyways, but her losing the nose means that she can live a normal life without the paparazzi following her and being able to live her own life independently
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago lollypop94 said…
so cute