Orphan Esther's Secret

sapherequeen posted on Aug 10, 2009 at 04:40PM
Did you like how the ending turned? I mean, the secret was a real thriller and I enjoyed it, but I occasionally wished that she truly was a killer child. What did you think?
last edited on Aug 10, 2009 at 04:42PM

Orphan 4 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago chrisjr1416 said…
View my thoughts of The Orphan at...
link
over a year ago Josh_Ramsay_Fan said…
big smile
i totally luved the shoking twist, i mean i really thought she was a child thated killed! totally didn't see it coming!
over a year ago fra4fun said…
I hated the end because esther died. I bought the bluray disc because of the alternative end but it doesnt look like a second part of this movie.

Esther is so damn cute and i wish i could adopt her :) i could fall in love with this girl :P
MoreThanFangirl commented…
what is the alternative ending??? :-o over a year ago
over a year ago bendaimmortal said…
No. We have enough killer children in movies. This twist was very welcome.

Besides, it wouldn't have made too much sense if she'd been an actual child. 'Cause her character is about more than just her killing and abusing people. "In between the lines" she was doing and saying everything way too maturely to be a child. Which is why at the revealation I realized I'd had a subconscious idea that that's the case but didn't really register it until then. And still it was shocking.
So, if she'd been an actual child, the character would've either been unrealistically written and thus taken away from the impressiveness, or been written essentially differently and no longer been the same character.

So no, for every possible reason I do not wish that she'd been a child.