jacob black CASTING OF JACOB

layla_14 posted on Jan 19, 2008 at 07:29PM
I was reading my messages from the twilight chat group and someone posted that they were casting who is going to be jacob today and that they will be announcing who is going to be jacob at the end of the month!!!
can't wait!!!
last edited on Jan 19, 2008 at 07:29PM

jacob black 8 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago iluvtheoc3000 said…
AHHHHHH im so excited!! i hope its true!! OMg and he better be cute... becuase im going to cry if they miscast him!
over a year ago layla_14 said…
i found this information at the stephenie meyer website.

Casting Call for Jacob Black (press release)

THE SEARCH IS ON FOR NATIVE AMERICAN TEEN TO PLAY KEY ROLE IN MAJOR MOTION PICTURE. ("Twilight" begins shooting in Oregon at the end of February)

PORTLAND, ORE. Lana Veenker Casting announced today that it is seeking a 16-18 year old Native American male to play a significant role in the upcoming Summit Entertainment film "Twilight," directed by Catherine Hardwicke.

The film is based on the publishing phenomenon "Twilight," written by Stephenie Meyer, and is highly anticipated due to its popularity among young adults.

"Director Catherine Hardwicke is keen to find the right teenager for the role of Jacob," says Casting Director Lana Veenker, owner of the Portland, Oregon-based casting company. "Besides being an authentic Native American, he needs to have charm and charisma. At this point, Catherine is more concerned about finding someone with the right looks and personality, than she is about prior acting experience. And he needs to be available for sequels! This will be an amazing opportunity for one lucky teenager."

An open casting call will take place in Portland on Saturday, January 19, 2008, from 9:00 am to 1:00 pm at Lana Veenker Casting, 2580 NW Upshur Street, Portland, Oregon 97212. Applicants who fit the age and ethnicity requirements for the role will have their photos taken and may be asked to read lines in front of the director.
Applicants who are unable to attend Saturdays open call should email their contact information and a photo to talent@slateplease.com. More information is available on the casting company website at slateplease.com or on its MySpace page at myspace.com/ lanaveenkercasting.

No other roles will be considered at the open call, but persons interested in working as extras on the film can send their information to Rutabaga Background Casting, the extras division of Lana Veenker Casting. Instructions are available at sayrutabaga.com.

Additional information about working as an extra is posted on the Rutabaga MySpace page at myspace.com/sayrutabaga.

last edited over a year ago
over a year ago chocolate-bear said…
Oouh wow, thats interesting that they cant find a real actor.
I hope they find a good one. That would be so amazing to be an extra in the Twilight movie.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago luvrofedward said…
I CANNOT WAIT FOR THE ACTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! its taking way way way too long, but i know the process takes a long time yada yada yada im still really EXCITED CANT WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg
over a year ago kctjohnson said…
There was a rumour that Nakotah LaRance (Hopi/Lakota) was cast as Jacob, but I doubt it's true. Nakotah is a cute kid but sadly lacks the charm and charisma of Jacob. Summit really needs to open the auditions to non-Natives, but whoever gets cast MUST look Native American! The Casting Director must feel kinda caught between a rock and a hard place. HAHA
over a year ago gracie08 said…
no one's gonna look more Native American than a Native American. sorry.
over a year ago gina-gina said…
My vote is going on Noah Hunt. he looks like a jacob to me, a little baby-faced, but i like it. his myspace has good pics. link
and he wrote/sang his profile song.
and Nakota LaRance really creeped me out, not Jacob at all. ew.
over a year ago kctjohnson said…
I would respectfully disagree with the statement that "No one's gonna look more Native American than a Native American" just because Native Americans look vary different depending on the tribe, clan, nation, etc. Southwestern tribes, like the Natives of Alaska and many northwestern tribes, tend to look very Asian (southwest asia). In contrast, the northeastern tribes (the Iroquois' 6 Nations) have higher cheek bones and less-flat noses. They really do vary in appearance across the continent. I'm Asian but am often am mistaken for a Native American when I visit the rez or go to powwows.