como eu conheci sua mãe *Possible Spoilers* Season Five Episode Two Discussion!

ladolcevita posted on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:58AM
Overall, I liked this episode.
It was a departure from the 'average sitcom' standard we've so disappointingly come to expect in season four. The only thing I didn't like, (well, not the only thing) was doppelganger lily no. 2, the one that was smoking. And Russian.

What I liked
What I really liked aboot this episode was how fun I found the date. I know, that sounds weird.
Anyway, heres a list.

The doppelgangers (especially moustache marshall, and lesbian robin)
annoying ted
Jen's ringtone (meow, meow, meow)
Jen
Robin hating strip clubbing, and Lily loving it.
Marshall's having to have a fantasy about lily dying to have fantasies
the way lily 'died' (*hiccup* dead)

what I didn't like
Well, stuff. I'm extremely tired. *yawns* *sleeps*

como eu conheci sua mãe 12 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago oblix said…
i thought Lilly not liking Marshall killing her off in his fantasy was very unlike her... it's the type of thing i would have thought she would have thought was adorable.
over a year ago germany123 said…
heart
i really liked the episode, too. it was well told imo withoot trying too hard.
the date they had been on seemed realistic actually- normally youd swear this wouldnt happen but i did meet this guy at a party not too long ago (not of romantic interest) and we introduced ourselves formally started talking a bit only to find oot that we had met 5 years ago and he was a friends ex boyfriend.(i didnt tell him he was unrecognizable cause he clearly drinks way too much and has a face like a sponge now)

i LOVED how barney just kept ignoring how pissed off robin( who was a little too pissed off imho) was- thats OLD barney thank you!!! just totally spacing oot and not paying attention to anyone. also the way he kidnapped marshall..classic barney! AWESOMEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

i only watched it once now and will watch again and be back with more
*is super happy the episode didnt suck*

+ NPH face in the cab when he tells marshall they arent going to that star wars thing and says "its in houston this year everyone knows that!"
+lesbian robin
+jen: we are gonna die alone arent we
ted: well you have your cats
+ jens dress and shoes (how unbelievably superficial of me but i thought she looked cute)

DISLIKES
+ errrr the way robin over reacted with the strip club withoot any real reason.
yay thats it no more dislikes worth mentioning!

p.s. jen- is this jen your doppelgänger?
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago nphfan said…
i completely agree with germany in her analysis. well said. except i didn't like the date as much as other people did, but i dunno why. i can't wait to see barney's doppelganger!
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago Jennifer1985 said…
Well... I have watched it twice now. I wasn't happy aboot the episode the first time I watched it. Now I figured oot the flaw. For me it wasn't as funny as the previous episodes. CC focused more on the Ted-finding-the-One-issued. Sure they had to, but his previous dates were funnier I think.

∙ Tickets for two front row seats for a lethal injection - only (old) Barney could pull that off
∙ Lesbian Robin and Mustache Marshall
∙ Barney ignoring Robin
∙ Lindsay Sloane - good choice
∙ The check dance
∙ Sex-crazed Lily
∙ The hick-ups callback
∙ Lily's hair

Dislikes

∙ The shellfish pun - only Ted would find this funny... his wife must be lame
∙ The date in particular - there was no suspense in it. Ted calling Jen on the roof, I saw it coming. We all know his future wife is very close now, he could meet her any second, maybe that's why I was so bored during that date with Jen. I'm just waiting for more hints who the mother could be - though I lost interest in finding oot somehwere between season 2 and 4.
∙ Robin pissed at Barney - She didn't care when she was together with Ted why does she care now? Maybe she remembers what Lily taught her...

I have just three points on my list of dislikes but they put in a lot of weight. My conclusion, thus my hopes for next week are for a better episode.

Nope, Jen is not my doppelgänger, germany. If they would have hired me as anyone's doppelgänger I'd certainly be Lily's. But she already has one so...
over a year ago ladolcevita said…
Actually, she has two. But I really didn't like the russian smoking one.
but sweetie the russian smoking one was the stripper ..and lily went on stage. they changed places (this gets oddly confusing when they are all played by the same person but i mean in himymland now)lily telling the stripper to sit down next to marshall and her going on stage in her place.

oooh good clues to the real jen *makes notes* small, thin, reddish hair, big eyes. does your cuteness interfere with people hearing your message?
So now you wanna stalk me? ...I should probably dress up as a hunchback then =D
But the stripper has giant hair... I'm confused.. :(
Wait.. If ger wants to stalk you, shouldn't she dress up as a hunchback? Now I'm seriously confuzzled...
*lol* Right she should dress up as the hunchback then... I only have to find a place to hide.
hot tip jen: dont hide oot in coffeeshops or i might find you. also tryyyy to avoid pink umbrellas!

alice, sweetie, the stripper was wearing a wig...or lets say she teased her hair. so in HIMYM land lily goes to the stripper and says: i will take your place when you go oot and YOU sit next to my husband. then she gets in "stripper gear" and dances. you can see she dances badly and in the end when you hear the scream she fell. marshall then rushes on stage.
Okay. Megavideo makes everything all fuzzy.