harry potter contra crepúsculo 3000 Reasons Why Twilight Is Better Than Harry Potter

cullengirl00 posted on Feb 13, 2011 at 11:23AM
when harry potter fans hit us twi-hards we will hit them back i will begin to write a couple of reasons and you twi-hards complete until we get to 3000 reasons ok!

harry potter contra crepúsculo 606 replies

Click here to write a response...

Showing Replies 101-150 of 606

over a year ago kevintwilover said…
153 : Bella decides she loves Edward so much that she wants to sacrifice her mortal life in order to be able to spend eternity with him.
over a year ago cassie-1-2-3 said…
Lol, some of those look familiar.
over a year ago kevintwilover said…
154 :The message of twilight is clear: What gives life meaning and purpose is the ability to love, more specifically, the opportunity to be in a loving romantic relationship
over a year ago DraculaPWNS said…
surprise
IDC if people actually ever see this, but this forum is so much FAIL. Matters of opinion don`t count as reasons! And look up the literary definition of a "plot". They require conflict, which romance novels like Twilight do not have. For the sake of my sanity and faith in the human race, I must assume that this was a troll, and I won`t acknowledge you further.
over a year ago ThePrincesTale said…
"120 :twilight doesnt have any gay actor unlike hp ( dumbldore )"

Homophobe much? God what a disgusting comment. Maybe you should apologise to any gay people that read that. You people make me sick.
over a year ago Lumos_Maxima said…
surprise
Omgosh who wrote that? I didn't read the entire list of posts because they have stupid reasons. That's just sad and whoever wrote that should be ashamed
over a year ago AVMPizEpical said…
tongue
Ok, Vampires die in sunlight, not sparkle. Edward is a FAIRY not a vampire.,
RyanDawnset-40 commented…
Dracula actually didn't originally die por sunlight. He just lost his powers. over a year ago
over a year ago AoifeTime said…
@Kevintwilover regarding one of your many, hilariously idiotic points, 'Everyone is obsessed with twilights, including the haters'? There's a difference between being famous and infamous.
over a year ago ClaireVoyant said…
wait...
@Kevintwilover
"154 :The message of twilight is clear: What gives life meaning and purpose is the ability to love, more specifically, the opportunity to be in a loving romantic relationship"

you meant live only have meaning and purpose when you are in loving romantic relationship? that's just pathetic, I agree for the first half of your statement but when I read the end it was just Blah..
over a year ago zanhar1 said…
^^ agreed that's like saying everyone's obsessed with Hitler even the haters.

About 153, she became a monster, a souless monster is that really a good thing? She could've loved him while she was alive.
last edited over a year ago
over a year ago slytherin713 said…
Hehe I know this forum is old but....
kevintwilover said:

95 :love at the first sight
Umm
in my opinion
THAT MADE THE STORY WORSE!!
98 : diffrent Werewolves
When little kids see witches
Don't they think about those evil ones with green skin and cauldrons and black cats on their brooms?
107 : everyone is obsessed with twilight even the haters
NO. I'm obsessed with RANTING about Twilight, not Twilight.
112 :edward cullen is awesome
and Draco malfoy isn't?
114 :twilight makes vampires likeable
Whoa...who said we didn't like vampires?
Oh btw I hate fairies now..UNICORNS FTW!
120 :twilight doesnt have any gay actor unlike hp ( dumbldore )
SHUT UP! WTF is wrong with you! Unless you mean he's HAPPY..

Edit-
Took out all the junk..lol it was lagging my iPhone
I just needed something to talk about that night I typed it all..
I was completely bored..
UNICORNS FTW!!
oh btw Anyone here play Webkinz??? My little cousin wants me to "babysit" (WTF how do you babysit PIXELS!?!) her account..
And I have NO IDEA what Webkinz are..
^ woa! Relax girl, no need to waste that much effort to prove your point against something that obviously just opinion, chillax.
Anyone with half a brain can see how stupid some of the thing she wrote.
I agree with you on the use of the word gay. It's unnecessary and rude.
over a year ago PotterForever said…
Wow. I wasn't even aware of this forum's existance untill just now...Exactally what is the point of it? There is already a forum for this. And your reasons are so childish I'm not even going to bother debating them.

"120 :twilight doesnt have any gay actor unlike hp ( dumbldore )"

Who the hell wrote that? It's disgusting that you would use that as a reason. What a rude thing to say.
over a year ago dracofan001 said…
^ agree...siriusly? that is offensive and rude!!!! the person who said that is stupid!!! yes i will say they are stupid because that is wrong!!!! i mean so what?!?!!?!? is it wrong? do you have a problem with gay people?????!?!?!! that is a person i would hate to meet. WHERE EVER YOU ARE I JUST WANT YOU TO KNOW THAT THAT WAS CHILDISH AND STUPID OF YOU TO SAY THAT AND YOU SHOULD APOLOGIZE!!!!!!!!!!!
over a year ago Nameofthegame said…
laugh
Is this seriously happening all over again????
Yup
OME~! yeah! siriusly~!
(okay i need to wash my hand after typing that, LOL :p )
over a year ago Nameofthegame said…
smile
^lmao
Can't believe it I'm still on this blog, but it is my guilty pleasure, even if it is repetitive.
Kevintwilove-

So you're saying Harry Potter sucks because Dumbledore is GAY?
GAY as in HAPPY?
Geez...
I thought Bella was happy..

EDIT-
I barely check Fanpop...
So...
If you need to tell me something...
Well..
Don't expect a response.
Dumbledore actually is gay, Rowling said it herself.
I know, but the person is using that as a "reason" for why Twilight "is better".
This thing is such a fail. You didn't even get to 200 "reasons".
I agree
over a year ago dekamkar said…
*Read most of this with incredible sarcasm.
I very much enjoy how incredibly pathetic all of these reasons are.

'120. twilight doesn't have a gay actor unlike hp (dumbledore)'

That thought disturbed me. First of all, Dumbledore is not gay, the actor is. Second, at least neither the actor, or the character SPARKLE.

link
This is only one example of how unfounded most of the twi-hard's claims are. Wow, *insert sarcasm here* for some ODD reason, J.K. Rowling looks strangely like Jennifer Aniston. Hmm...

Also, has anyone else noticed how it seems that..
%99 of the Harry Potter fans have read Twilight
and...
MAYBE %1 of the Twilight fans have read Harry Potter.

They have no chance.

This made me laugh. Oh, don't get me wrong, not at how well it was written or how ALL it's claims seem to be quite accurate, more at how IDIOTIC it is, and how some people seem to spend most of their lives thinking of ways Harry Potter is better than twilight.. then fail incredibly.
link
Ikr
Making up random statistics makes pretty much everything you say seem invalid.
big smile
Dekamkar- thanks for the links. I've seen the websites before, but I forgot the links. I can't stop laughing at the first one!
over a year ago surprisezz said…
wink
I hear that the reviews for BD part 2 were amazing! Everyone should just see the first part of movie already!
I saw it, not too too amazing.
Wait, BD2 has been released?
over a year ago FawkesTears said…
@surprisezz, I seriously doubt that, BD part 2 isn't coming out for another 11 months
They finished filming the movie months ago. It's possible a couple critics have seen it already.
over a year ago zoe_nightshade said…
I love reading this because its so pathetically stupid. The Harry potter one reached well above 1000.
You'll never get over your obsession if you don't follow through.
@zanhar So is it true they are adding a new vampire coven for the battle scene?
I can answer that, yes.
Just look it up.
over a year ago yerawizard said…
12-the cover of the books are drawn beautifully

YEAH OMG!!!! LOOK AND APPLE! SOOOOOOOOO EXCITING. AND A CHESS PIECE ON THE NEXT BOOK, WOW THIS BOOK MUST BE ABOUT UM.. WELL SOMETHING!

yeah, right. im not saying the covers are ugly, but they are just plain and not that creative. they could be the cover for many other books, while harry potter covers are unique and perfectly fit the books. i could stare at them forever and still find new secret things hidden in the cover,.

Harry potter forever :)
over a year ago hufflepuff1141 said…
worried
I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

1- the writing is better
-Opinion. You should be posting facts, not opinions.

2- the actors/actresses who film the movie are talented
-Absolutely not. Another opinion.

3- bella is a role model (she teaches people to hold on to their friendships and stuff and keep their secrets)
-Because a girl who attempts to commit suicide just to see her boyfriend is an AMAZING role model.

4-it has a PLOT!!
-Yes it does. The girl with no emotions has to choose between an animagus (look it up) or a sparkly pedo-vampire.

5-the scenes in the movies are exciting
-yes, I love to watch people climb trees all day.

6- the effects are amazing
-Can your effects team create a completely new sport with nothing to go on except somebody's words, and make it to where they can fly around on broomsticks? Can your effects team create at least 4 Dragons from scratch, not to mention a Hippogriff, house elves, and books that can bite your fingers off? Can yours create unspeakably horrid creatures that literally suck out your soul that your writer made based on her battle with depression? No, they make people turn into dogs.

7-a story about a vampire,werewolf, and mortal beats a swinging wand boy and his enemy the beast
- How about a story of a boy whoose parents got killed in front of him, a small toddler, and he didn't die, as he lives his life in mortal danger as he looks for the world's most hated person of all, while balancing schoolwork, and keeping this a secret from all muggles like yourself.

8- the actors and actresses are attached to their character and love them
-Robert Pattinson straight out said he didn't like twilight, and he liked playing Cedric Diggory better.

9-the characters are not all good or all evil
-nope, don't even get me started. I'll post a 4 paragraph long story of Severus Snape.

10-the evil people are villians for a reason like the newborn army in eclipse who almost killed the whole city of seattle or the volturi (they are not evil evil they have some good in them)
-As in Harry Potter. Some of the Death Eaters were under the imperious curse, having no control over their bodies. Lord Voldemort was only evil because he could not love, because he was concieved under a love potion.

11-the characters in twilight are nice and have a great personality and they are hot and cool too (they are lovable for that)
-I love waking up to a 100 yr old sparkly vampire virgin staring at me.

12-the cover of the books are drawn beautifully
- Are you kidding? Your pictures are of a girl's hands holding an apple. That's it. Ours has so much more detail in it, including a hippogriff with individual feathers.

13-the posters of the movie looks verrrry cool
-*Facepalm* That's it? That's one of your reasons?

14- creative and great ideas of the vampire form
-There's a point between creative and scary. He sparkles in the sun. Really?

15- you can make your own stories out of the chapters of twilight
(you can make stories out of harry potter too but twilight turns out better than harry potter)
-I cannot believe what I'm reading right now. I just...

16- the phrase twi-hard is cool
-It's a play on of tryhard. It's not cool, it's a joke.

17-the mashup name renesmee is so creative
-Tom Marvolo Riddle is an anagram for I am lord voldemort. Narcissa is a play on of Narcisstic, meaning you're self centered. Malfoy means Ferret. Lupin can be spelled Lupus, part of the scientific name for a wolf, Canis Lupus. Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandos, (The Hogwarts motto) in latin, means Never tickle a sleeping dragon. Must I go on?

18- Meyer made the werewolves and vampire unite even though they are enemies to each other
-Sounds a bit like the Battle of Hogwarts, where the four houses set aside the differences and come together to battle the greatest evil of all.

19-the book is an international bestseller and an award winning book too (chosen by book critiques)
-Harry Potter has more. Anyways, it doesn't particularly mean that it's better.

20-there are lessons you can learn from twilight (the thing u can learn from harry potter is how to do a spell on your friend so he can help u)
-I cannot find any words in my mind as you've microwaved it. so I'm just simply going to post a quote.
“Harry Potter is about confronting fears, finding inner strength and doing what is right in the face of adversity. Twilight is about how important it is to have a boyfriend.”
― Stephen King

21-the emotions are deep in twilight and is a wide imaginative world (unlike wand boy)
-Emotions? What emotions? and again, did Stephanie create her own world? No, she used a place already on the map. Where do they go to school? A place she didn't make up. What sport do they play? Soccer.
Did J.K. create her own world? Yes. Where do they go to school? Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry in Scotland. What sport do they play? Quidditch, a sport J.K. herself made up.

22- she replaces small simple words to long big words for people to be more educated not use simple words everyone can understand
-I don't understand your language. Do you mind using proper grammar?

23-twilight has a theme of a mystical and imaginative world
-Ehm. how about you read number 21 again.

24- twilight is read by a massive audience
- J.K. Rowling has over 50 million followers around the world.

25-the fight scenes are so amazing and you feel the fight by someway
-First, I had to erase some of the 'o's, because it was annoying me to no end. Anyways, I cannot take your undereducated grammar, nor can I read it.

26-the twilight quotes are really nice written and you feel the creativity in them
-“It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.”

“Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”

"There are all kinds of courage. It takes a great deal of courage to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends". Albus Dumbledore

“Do not pity the dead, Harry. Pity the living, and, above all, those who live without love. By returning, you may ensure that fewer souls are maimed, fewer families are torn apart. If that seems to you a worthy goal, then we say good-bye for the present.” - Albus Dumbledore

27-Meyer left clues for you to know the identity of each and every character
- As you have simply turned my brain into a bottle of milk, I cannot continue to answer questions.

Now my friend, I'm 13 years old, and I simply cannot believe the amount of people out there who think Twilight is better. I challenge you to pick up the first book, read the first 2 chapters, then try to put it down.
Jacob's not a animagus, look it up.
1. well he fits the definition. 2. An animagus, not a animagus over a year ago
Also, if you're going to tell someone to stop giving opinions, you should do the same. Otherwise, it just makes you look petty.
over a year ago VampiresRevenge said…
hufflepuff1141:
#3: When Bella jumped off of the cliff, it was not an attempt at suicide; she was not aiming to kill herself. It may have been reckless, but she did not jump to intentionally to commit suicide.

#4: Like Cassie said, Jacob is not an animagus. And Edward is not a pedophile. Pedophiles are adults who pray on young children. Bella, being around 17 when they meet, is in no way a young child.

#6: How do you know that the Twilight effects team couldn't do effects like those? Have they ever attempted to? No. But I'm sure that the movie would've been better for you if they threw in some random house elf just to prove to you that they could.

#7: What you responded with here is hypocritical. Look at your #4, you did the exact same thing in paraphrasing so that one side looks better/worse than the other.

#12: She said "beautiful," not "has more details."

#14: There's a point between opinion and fact. You're arguing opinions with other opinions as if they're facts, really?

#20: Yeah, Stephen King is our God now. What ever he says must be true! I will change my opinion on everything...

#21: Stephanie did create her own world (with vampires, werewolves, Volturi, etc.), even if that world takes place somewhere that already exists... Wait a second! Harry Potter takes place in London. London is a real place, too, if I am not mistaken.

#22: For one to be preaching the themes of HP as being ones about love and kindness, you sure do have a lot to learn. How about not criticizing her grammar and just respond to what she said.

Now my friend, I simply can not believe the amount of people out there who think that arguing with someone who is a fan Twilight will make them a fan of HP. I challenge you to realize that other people are allowed to have opinions that are different from yours.
@ClaireVoyant I thought that person was talking about BD1 I haven't seen BD2 lol!
over a year ago DelenaDiaries said…
meh
The writing sucks. Stephanie Meyer can't write for her life. The actors ARE NOT attached to their characters, they can't wait to leave. Twilight has no plot, what a girl loves a vampire, but theres a werewolf so the girl marries the vampire and nearly dies giving birth to a monster baby. The actors suck so badly its actually depressing. AND I'm sorry but seriously? Bella is a good role model?? That is laughable. She threw herself off a cliff because her weirdo, pedophilia, stalkerish boyfriend left her. She got married at 18 and begged to become a monster. Then she had a baby. Worst role model freaking ever.
No, Jason Voorhees is the worst role model ever. Bella reaches maybe 15th worst over a year ago
I'm sorry but the reasons for why Twilight is better aren't really reasons. They're opinions. Now, I'm going to leave because most of you are pissing me off so much.
^You just gave a lot of opinions.
Those are not opinions, those are world wide facts.
List of opinions you gave:
*The writing sucks
*Stephanie Meyer can't write for her life
*The actors suck so badly its actually depressing.
*Bella is a good role model?? That is laughable.
*Worst role model freaking ever.

Things that you couldn't possibly know unless you were to interview someone:
*The actors ARE NOT attached to their characters, they can't wait to leave.

Incorrect facts you gave:
*Twilight has no plot (whether you like the plot or not is up to you, but it exists. You loosely plotted it out yourself...)
*...pedophilia,...boyfriend...
*Those are not opinions, those are world wide facts.

Actual facts you gave (good job on these!!):
*She got married at 18 and begged to become a monster.
*Then she had a baby
*I'm sorry but the reasons for why Twilight is better aren't really reasons. They're opinions. (Rather hypocritical, considering what preceded this statement, but true nonetheless)
over a year ago mr-cullen said…
zzz
why u all hate twilight so much???????if it is not good why you compare HP ONLY with TWILIGHT????????
over a year ago HouseofNightRox said…
Can I just say that Robert Pattinson said he didn't like Edward.
over a year ago HouseofNightRox said…
I can contadict every single one of these twilight "Arguments"