gorillaz A gorillaz Movie

Kresnik posted on Jun 01, 2012 at 03:39PM
So, I was thinking, a Gorillaz film would indeed be an interesting thought. However, when I put even more thought into it, I also figured that despite how awesome it might turn out, it could also be a complete disaster. After all, let's look back years ago at the film for Jamie Hewlett's Tank Girl. That was atrocious. Jamie himself didn't even like it. So if we Gorillaz fans heard news of a film (I'm speaking hypothetically, of course, since they're currently on hiatus) and rushed to buy tickets, would we really want to leave the theatre in a disappointed heap? What are your thoughts on a Gorillaz film? Also, if they did make one, do you think it should be live-action or kept animated. I think it should be kept animated, don't mess with Gorillaz style and keep the same voice actors. Let Jamie be in charge and be very finicky about the director. Want to share your thoughts?

gorillaz 5 replies

Click here to write a response...
over a year ago C-GODZILLA said…
First of all, i read somewhere that Jamie wasn't much involved on the making of Tank Girls movie. I don't know if it's true or not. But i really hope it is.
Secondly, if a Gorillaz movie ever comes to be made, i would rather if they kept it animated. It's their original form, y'know. I would love if they made a Gorillaz movie. But not in 3D. Nowadays everything's in 3D! Geez.
Well, i've got to admit that it would be kinda funny to watch the Rock The House vid in 3D. Murdoc would be ALMOST literally face fucking us.
I really think that if they made a Gorillaz movie now, it would be a great success. I mean, who can possibly get bored of these adorably terrifying characters?
over a year ago CallaLily11 said…
I love Gorillaz, and I would love if they made a movie, but I would hope that the people making it know that if they don't do it right, just one little thing, wrong, it would most likely be a disaster!
over a year ago codyfan77 said…
I love Gorillaz, and I DO want a movie... But try different directors. The scenery, I think doesn't HAVE to be animated (Do a 'Who framed Roger Rabbit?') as long as the characters are 2d animated(no pun intended). They just look better in 2D....Cartoony animation Getting a director like Tim Burton (or Quentin Tarantino for adults) might be a good idea. I mean, they're the most successful virtual band in the world ( Book of world records proves it) so they could easily hire someone like that. Plus it adds Murdocs favorite thing; publicity! We can get people to love Gorillaz again! That's all folks!
over a year ago Diblover111 said…
Live action? Pffft, HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAno.

As for an animated movie... ehh? If it /does/ happen, Jamie would have to be /very/ involved. I would want it to be /Gorillaz/, not some director's interpretation of Gorillaz. Also, I wouldn't want them to be detailing something new, I would want a clearer interpretation of something that happened in the past few phases....

And back to the "live action" bit, I wouldn't mind if it was animated the way DoYaThing was, I just do /not/ want the characters to be played by live action actors/actresses... *shudders*

Also, if they do do it, they better have a lot of Gorillaz songs as background tracks. That's the only way to go.
over a year ago codyfan77 said…
I think live action isn't really the best thing for the Gorillaz, but in the end, it's Jamie and Damons decision.